Everything basic is lacking in the game

Really strange that this game is 17 years old.

Alot of items are not obtainable or simply way too expensive.

Something really wrong here and I'm not referring to those top-end items.. but BASIC items.

Codex book for enchant skill, Bloody enchantment stone, Dark enchantment stone, Lv.5 Dye (STATS +5 / CHA+5)... etc

The game mechanism is already fundamentally flaw ... and NCSOFT not fixing it?

It works like this, you have a shop and the goods are running out of you, so the rest is redundant and the opinion of the players. It does not matter that something is wrong, it does not matter that qq players, it pays them off at the end of the month: D You are to blame that this is how it works: D

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, PanZloty said:

It works like this, you have a shop and the goods are running out of you, so the rest is redundant and the opinion of the players. It does not matter that something is wrong, it does not matter that qq players, it pays them off at the end of the month: D You are to blame that this is how it works: D

This is exactly the state of things. It would be an illogical choice and a bad business decision to change anything at this point. Applying any of the things we ask for would reduce the profit gained from the server, even if we are right to ask for them and they are already implemented an all other servers (including the one in Rusia, ironic, right?). The server is as it is, it is our choice to play or not, we do not get a right to decide anything about the server.  You want the things you ask for and that are implemented on other server? You are free to join that server, who is stoping you?

We should all stop thinking about this server as a big community that tries to work together in order to achieve something that makes everyone happy. It's not, it's a business, and by  definition it's designed to maximise profit. Also by definition, it is against the purpose of the business to adopt willingly something that reduces the profit. 

They even took the time to test things. After nerfing all the chars on the server, they made a poll. It was bad feedback, but we all know people say things they are not always willing to put into practice, so they also tested the result of the poll: they started an exp event. And even if activity lowered, the chat was full with "wtb nc". Some people left, but probably others spent more and compensated.  Profit probably stayed the same, despite the general discontent and forum uprise. So the decision is simple, things need to stay the same in order to preserve profit.

I think we should all remember their obligation is toward the company, and not the players, and when what we ask for is hurting the company's profit, the choice is obvious. They are good employees and are taking the right decision for their employer, end of discussion.

Of course, things would change if the players themselves were able to form a community and work together towards a common goal, but i think at this point it's obvious this is not the case either. 

• Haha 1

I remember when FFXIV was first released.  It was one of the worst MMO flops, a toss up between them and Age of Conan.  The FFXIV gameplay was bad, the economy was atrocious, people were quitting within hours of trying the game.  Sounds familiar?  That's how L2 currently is.

Square-Enix didn't close down the game and mark it as a loss.  They issued an apology, changed the lead developer, made drastic changes to the game, and released a game people enjoy.

The result?  2.7m players per month, compared to 5.8k for L2 according to mmo-population.  The base of L2 is at least as fun as any other MMO out there, and with the right leadership, we could also see millions of players.  L2 can still be revived, and it can be made a top MMO, but it would require drastic changes.  It would require making the game playable/enjoyable by the players.

But with the way the current product management team is running things, the game will keep going downhill.

• Like 3

I started FFXIV a few days ago and out of curiosity i checked mmo-population. Then i said good time to check l2 and it was 74/127 with around 6k. How pathetic is it. And half if not more, are bots.

Sad state of affairs but 100% deserved.

56 minutes ago, Blitzball said:

I started FFXIV a few days ago and out of curiosity i checked mmo-population. Then i said good time to check l2 and it was 74/127 with around 6k. How pathetic is it. And half if not more, are bots.

I do not trust that site I look through the analytics and it does not make sense, there are games on that list that been shut down with 100K+ people.  If those are worldwide numbers that include illegal servers than we have more than 10k active in NA from our 4 servers of actual login accounts not really sure where they pull this data from.  Worldwide  L2 is easily above 100k.

On 7/17/2021 at 4:57 AM, Akashha said:

This is exactly the state of things. It would be an illogical choice and a bad business decision to change anything at this point. Applying any of the things we ask for would reduce the profit gained from the server, even if we are right to ask for them and they are already implemented an all other servers (including the one in Rusia, ironic, right?). The server is as it is, it is our choice to play or not, we do not get a right to decide anything about the server.  You want the things you ask for and that are implemented on other server? You are free to join that server, who is stoping you?

We should all stop thinking about this server as a big community that tries to work together in order to achieve something that makes everyone happy. It's not, it's a business, and by  definition it's designed to maximise profit. Also by definition, it is against the purpose of the business to adopt willingly something that reduces the profit. 

They even took the time to test things. After nerfing all the chars on the server, they made a poll. It was bad feedback, but we all know people say things they are not always willing to put into practice, so they also tested the result of the poll: they started an exp event. And even if activity lowered, the chat was full with "wtb nc". Some people left, but probably others spent more and compensated.  Profit probably stayed the same, despite the general discontent and forum uprise. So the decision is simple, things need to stay the same in order to preserve profit.

I think we should all remember their obligation is toward the company, and not the players, and when what we ask for is hurting the company's profit, the choice is obvious. They are good employees and are taking the right decision for their employer, end of discussion.

Of course, things would change if the players themselves were able to form a community and work together towards a common goal, but i think at this point it's obvious this is not the case either. 

noble peace prize to Akrashha.  my brain finally got some relief

On 7/21/2021 at 5:58 AM, Blitzball said:

what is 74/127?