Simple guide for essence.

Short version.

This is SOLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I REPEAT HAN F SOLO CHRONICLE.

You will be punished for partying, there is no party bonus, you burn more sayha because you party,  only worth in loa deep farming knoriks because sayha burns more based on the number of mobs u slay not the exp you get.

Mega whale - play death knigth dark elf( only dark elf, others are shit).

F2p to minnow/dolphin/whale - play titan, if you play with friends can have 1 tyrant to do hex.

Thats it.

Long version

DEATH KNIGHT

dark elf - with full gear epics +3, dolls 3+ high str, top gear etc. Can oneshot all clan, Aoe has no limit, even other whales will be left 1 shot from death. Die 1 time on purpose, revenge with circlet triggered = dead enemies. Also you have passive which every 10 minutes lets you survive lethal damages for few seconds and port out.

Titan strong, does not recuire mega whale gear. + warsmith puller for aoe

Tyrant strong, but titan is stronger.  Annoying af when gets 4 star book - cocophony of war ( lethal chance if he lands it you get 1hp, can fight any whale 1v1 even with less gear if he has this skill).

Overlord - strong enough to survive to port out + annoying debuffs.

Se - good debuff stigma, has mass recharge does not need orfen +2, but paper easily killable and will lose tons of coins, stigma does not land on epics in new patch.

Sylph has cool buff/debuff, otherwise kind of annoying, 1-2 per clan/side.

Cardinal only good if supported by whales in the cp, can solo farm only with chiken aoe (hard), or orfen +2, otherwise useless. (3x whale cardinal trinity is very hard to beat but who in their right mind put tons of $ to play supports, crazy right?)

Swordsinger, tanky because of skill dodge. Annoying, high enough dmg to punish support like se and make them lose coins.

Other classes are not even worth mentioning.

Classes to watch char kill mobs on minimal gear - bladancer/warcryer.

You do know that DKs got the ultimate transform nerfed on this version at least i hope it's not up 24/7 it's only active above 1k DP, but this is NCWest so they'll probably put in DP pots 100 dp for 100 Lcoin in cash shop to milk more.

42 minutes ago, Draconis said:

You do know that DKs got the ultimate transform nerfed on this version at least i hope it's not up 24/7 it's only active above 1k DP, but this is NCWest so they'll probably put in DP pots 100 dp for 100 Lcoin in cash shop to milk more.

Not even sure the DK information is legit. Looks like a copy and paste from live 

On 7/26/2021 at 7:30 PM, Draconis said:

nothing is nerfed your information is wrong

Thanks @WutWutWut, I really appreciate both the Short and Long guides that you wrote.  I've been looking for an accurate synopsis to provide my friends with in case they would like to try the game out with me.  Aside from the obvious concerns there are with the game, your info was great!!

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/25/2021 at 8:05 PM, WutWutWut said:

@WutWutWut does this mean for sure that the dwarf warsmith is a really good duo partner with an orc titan?  If so, what level ranges is it good for and what types of benefits does this combination bring?  Is it only good for PvE, or does it also do alright in PvP? Does it make a lot of adena or help with leveling somehow when this is only a solo game as you mentioned? I don't really understand and would appreciate the clarifications! Did you mean Warlord instead?

On 7/26/2021 at 2:05 AM, WutWutWut said:

Short version.

This is SOLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I REPEAT HAN F SOLO CHRONICLE.

You will be punished for partying, there is no party bonus, you burn more sayha because you party,  only worth in loa deep farming knoriks because sayha burns more based on the number of mobs u slay not the exp you get.

Mega whale - play death knigth dark elf( only dark elf, others are shit).

F2p to minnow/dolphin/whale - play titan, if you play with friends can have 1 tyrant to do hex.

Thats it.

Long version

DEATH KNIGHT

dark elf - with full gear epics +3, dolls 3+ high str, top gear etc. Can oneshot all clan, Aoe has no limit, even other whales will be left 1 shot from death. Die 1 time on purpose, revenge with circlet triggered = dead enemies. Also you have passive which every 10 minutes lets you survive lethal damages for few seconds and port out.

Tyrant strong, but titan is stronger.  Annoying af when gets 4 star book - cocophony of war ( lethal chance if he lands it you get 1hp, can fight any whale 1v1 even with less gear if he has this skill).

Overlord - strong enough to survive to port out + annoying debuffs.

Se - good debuff stigma, has mass recharge does not need orfen +2, but paper easily killable and will lose tons of coins, stigma does not land on epics in new patch.

Sylph has cool buff/debuff, otherwise kind of annoying, 1-2 per clan/side.

Cardinal only good if supported by whales in the cp, can solo farm only with chiken aoe (hard), or orfen +2, otherwise useless. (3x whale cardinal trinity is very hard to beat but who in their right mind put tons of $ to play supports, crazy right?)

Swordsinger, tanky because of skill dodge. Annoying, high enough dmg to punish support like se and make them lose coins.

Other classes are not even worth mentioning.

Classes to watch char kill mobs on minimal gear - bladancer/warcryer.

This could be a legit guide if you are going to ignore the reworks that we all know are coming.

Currently you are right, or kinda, about those changes, altho:

Tanks are getting some extra DPS and some more bulkiness, even tho i really doubt they will stand a chance against toons like DKs or titans ignoring most of their p.def, landing insane damages.

Daggers looks kinda of sick with all the reworks, PROBABLY gonna get back to the top 1v1 class or small scale pvp class with all the new damages/CCs.

Archers are also getting a huge damage boost + "ultimate form". 

Dwarfs also got some buffs and "Ultimate buffs" increasing their atk power by quite some %s. 

EE is still useless but don't forget BP and SE got quite some boots on healing power and that SE are able to erase any transformation from the target. Mean that a DK facing an SE with the new debuff will end up exploding. Not the way he likes it tho. 

And don't understimate BD potential. Even tho they are anti-mages they can be REALLY strong and annoying with a proper setup and gear. Altho SWS seems the best pick if you wanna play a sorta of support as they are way bulkier and they are anti-physical DDs...and since most of the players will play DK/Titans/GKs cause who cares about fun, all we care is win, it might be a good choise. 

Also don't forget that a full stack sylph is probably stronger than a DK with all those dmg and that insane snipe/dragon dmg skills. 

The real problem is: you gotta pay and try ur luck with the LOWEST and MOST EXPENSIVE p2w system of crafting books. Or else just wait 10 months to drop a book you need with that 0.0001% chance. 

50 minutes ago, xHaseo said:

This could be a legit guide if you are going to ignore the reworks that we all know are coming.

Currently you are right, or kinda, about those changes, altho:

Tanks are getting some extra DPS and some more bulkiness, even tho i really doubt they will stand a chance against toons like DKs or titans ignoring most of their p.def, landing insane damages.

Daggers looks kinda of sick with all the reworks, PROBABLY gonna get back to the top 1v1 class or small scale pvp class with all the new damages/CCs.

Archers are also getting a huge damage boost + "ultimate form". 

Dwarfs also got some buffs and "Ultimate buffs" increasing their atk power by quite some %s. 

EE is still useless but don't forget BP and SE got quite some boots on healing power and that SE are able to erase any transformation from the target. Mean that a DK facing an SE with the new debuff will end up exploding. Not the way he likes it tho. 

And don't understimate BD potential. Even tho they are anti-mages they can be REALLY strong and annoying with a proper setup and gear. Altho SWS seems the best pick if you wanna play a sorta of support as they are way bulkier and they are anti-physical DDs...and since most of the players will play DK/Titans/GKs cause who cares about fun, all we care is win, it might be a good choise. 

Also don't forget that a full stack sylph is probably stronger than a DK with all those dmg and that insane snipe/dragon dmg skills. 

The real problem is: you gotta pay and try ur luck with the LOWEST and MOST EXPENSIVE p2w system of crafting books. Or else just wait 10 months to drop a book you need with that 0.0001% chance. 

I failed to find concrete differences between archer races on essence except some input on kamaels.

Is there any real concrete classes differences between the 4 ?

25 minutes ago, Hikizume said:

I failed to find concrete differences between archer races on essence except some input on kamaels.

Is there any real concrete classes differences between the 4 ?

Not much between human/de/elf but quite a lot with kamaels.

Basically the 3 main archers are divided with the same old ways:

Human has higher HP pool and quite balanced atk and atk spd. 
Dark elf is the lowest on HP pool and the slowest but it's also the strongest. Highest p.atk compared to other archers.
Elf is medium on HP and the fastest archer, for obvious reasons, they also have the lowest p.atk.

Kamaels are quite different as they have lesser skills and their main skill hits twice landing damage 2 times. Their UE is also stronger than other archers since it gives p. evasion + p. skill evasion AND m. evasion + m. skill evasion. And also speed.

Now, what makes them different in the long run is their self buffs that are also getting a rework, but basically nothing's gonna change, they resemble the H5 archers: 

Human will have improved feature from his main skills and will learn a buff that will increase their critical rate chances, both auto attack and skill. Their new skill "Flame arrow" is going to DOT the enemy and damage opponents on the skill trajectory.

Dark elfs will still land insane damages. New buff will boost their critical damage from auto attacks and skills. Their new skill "Piercing arrow" will damage enemies in front and also decrease their p.atk, p.def, m.atk and m.def by 15% (at lv 89).

Elfs are gonna LITERALLY rain arrows on you. New buff will boost by a lot their atk spd and skill delay. Their new skill "Arrow shower" is going to damage the target + enemies around it and decrease their atk spd, casting spd and spd by 20% (at lv 89).

As for kamaels, they will get the biggest boost probably. New buff will boost their offensive power in general and increase land rate of fear and hold skills. Their 2 new skills will both be AOE. One damage target + enemies nearby target while the other one will damage target + enemies nearby AND will also root them. 

For sure they will still have issues with DKs and titans if they get in the range of the AOEs but with a good positioning archers will be back to land trucks of damages.
Please note: everything i wrote down is basically how they will be AFTER the rework. So if you planning to start one archer now, you'll be stuck being suuuper bad for a few months before the update hit NA servers. 

2 hours ago, xHaseo said:

Not much between human/de/elf but quite a lot with kamaels.

Basically the 3 main archers are divided with the same old ways:

Human has higher HP pool and quite balanced atk and atk spd. 
Dark elf is the lowest on HP pool and the slowest but it's also the strongest. Highest p.atk compared to other archers.
Elf is medium on HP and the fastest archer, for obvious reasons, they also have the lowest p.atk.

Kamaels are quite different as they have lesser skills and their main skill hits twice landing damage 2 times. Their UE is also stronger than other archers since it gives p. evasion + p. skill evasion AND m. evasion + m. skill evasion. And also speed.

Now, what makes them different in the long run is their self buffs that are also getting a rework, but basically nothing's gonna change, they resemble the H5 archers: 

Human will have improved feature from his main skills and will learn a buff that will increase their critical rate chances, both auto attack and skill. Their new skill "Flame arrow" is going to DOT the enemy and damage opponents on the skill trajectory.

Dark elfs will still land insane damages. New buff will boost their critical damage from auto attacks and skills. Their new skill "Piercing arrow" will damage enemies in front and also decrease their p.atk, p.def, m.atk and m.def by 15% (at lv 89).

Elfs are gonna LITERALLY rain arrows on you. New buff will boost by a lot their atk spd and skill delay. Their new skill "Arrow shower" is going to damage the target + enemies around it and decrease their atk spd, casting spd and spd by 20% (at lv 89).

As for kamaels, they will get the biggest boost probably. New buff will boost their offensive power in general and increase land rate of fear and hold skills. Their 2 new skills will both be AOE. One damage target + enemies nearby target while the other one will damage target + enemies nearby AND will also root them. 

For sure they will still have issues with DKs and titans if they get in the range of the AOEs but with a good positioning archers will be back to land trucks of damages.
Please note: everything i wrote down is basically how they will be AFTER the rework. So if you planning to start one archer now, you'll be stuck being suuuper bad for a few months before the update hit NA servers. 

Ok thxs for this detailed answer.

It looks like archers are close to classic setup, or  h5 yeah. Not the best time though...

I know  they will be quite bad at start but i'm not sure i'll get the motivation to start at fotm class which don't really  hype just to wait updates...

Sws could be an alternative though, kinda miss C3/C4 time when they were polyvalent, active and actually useful.

29 minutes ago, Hikizume said:

Ok thxs for this detailed answer.

It looks like archers are close to classic setup, or  h5 yeah. Not the best time though...

I know  they will be quite bad at start but i'm not sure i'll get the motivation to start at fotm class which don't really  hype just to wait updates...

Sws could be an alternative though, kinda miss C3/C4 time when they were polyvalent, active and actually useful.

Well keep in mind essence is FOR NOW (cause it seems to be changing) a solo-based version of the game. Dances and Songs are self buffs, mostly are even passives now. You can only give to party/clan/friends songs that can learn lv 2...which currently are Earth, Wind and Hunter, but you need rare spellbooks for that.

Also keep in mind that there will be *TEN* boxes available so...worst case scenario you can level up singer AND archer at the same time and decide on ur way up which one to gear up and build as main. 
SWS offensive is kinda meh, it survive current meta and all reworked classes but by itself he does no damage...i remember 2 sws on essence EU: when i was dagger he was not killing me but i was reflecting back a lot of dmg...then i rerolled to BP and i used to fight an SWS with more gear than mine but it simply couldn't get my HP...mostly the fight was over due to MP issues and boredom cause we couldn't kill each other. 

Up to you tho! Not everyone wants to wait for reworks but wanna start on top ^^ 

1 hour ago, xHaseo said:

Well keep in mind essence is FOR NOW (cause it seems to be changing) a solo-based version of the game. Dances and Songs are self buffs, mostly are even passives now. You can only give to party/clan/friends songs that can learn lv 2...which currently are Earth, Wind and Hunter, but you need rare spellbooks for that.

Also keep in mind that there will be *TEN* boxes available so...worst case scenario you can level up singer AND archer at the same time and decide on ur way up which one to gear up and build as main. 
SWS offensive is kinda meh, it survive current meta and all reworked classes but by itself he does no damage...i remember 2 sws on essence EU: when i was dagger he was not killing me but i was reflecting back a lot of dmg...then i rerolled to BP and i used to fight an SWS with more gear than mine but it simply couldn't get my HP...mostly the fight was over due to MP issues and boredom cause we couldn't kill each other. 

Up to you tho! Not everyone wants to wait for reworks but wanna start on top ^^ 

Are you going to be playing here? #MakeDaggerGreatAgain

57 minutes ago, Blitzball said:

For 15 years daggers archers and nukers have been carpeting everything and suddenly "it's not fair! :_(" ?

Well nobody ever said that 🤔

However it is quite legitimate at a new server  launch  to have questions about class balance and diversity especially considering :

it was a known issue during  classic launch

- half of messages u can fin about essence emphasis this issue

About the 15 years things well it's kinda wrong, i would say it's more a 2 year rotation and :

- it somehow gets better over time

- it's not L2 best mechanic

3 hours ago, Blitzball said:

For 15 years daggers archers and nukers have been carpeting everything and suddenly "it's not fair! :_(" ?

Well that's quite false. 
Archers went down the sink after interlude and came back as playable toons with H5. Let alone Awakening and Classic. On essence they were decent at the start, then they get nerfed and some classes got buffed so they turned useless.
Daggers had their ups and downs but they were reaaaally doing great on live servers till around h5...they didn't shine too much there. On awakening they were terrible at the start, we had to wait a couple years or at least a few patches bbefore being able to pvp properly. On classic they were good and sometimes even OP untill cancel-target remove...on Essence they were basically worthless as they lost all their main features like shadow step with stun, bluff was not landing, no more half kills, no cancel target...really really bad. The OP daggers we had on Blue/Red were due to their gear...but with the gear they had even a butterfly would land insane damage. 
Nukers were always viable. No matter the patch. No matter the version.

Fact is class balance changed over the versions. Right now on essence you cannot play anything but DK, titans and tyrants as anything else is too under powered. 
The only counter to DKs are bishops and SE, with SE being #1 with transformation removal debuff + lot of damage setup/buffs. 

Reworks will really bring fresh air to the game and hopefully make all classes viable, altho they should cut down a bit DKs and titans power by nerfing their AOEs a bit. But removing the chance of critical from those skills should be enough already. 

1 hour ago, Skeith said:

Well that's quite false. 
Archers went down the sink after interlude and came back as playable toons with H5. Let alone Awakening and Classic. On essence they were decent at the start, then they get nerfed and some classes got buffed so they turned useless.
Daggers had their ups and downs but they were reaaaally doing great on live servers till around h5...they didn't shine too much there. On awakening they were terrible at the start, we had to wait a couple years or at least a few patches bbefore being able to pvp properly. On classic they were good and sometimes even OP untill cancel-target remove...on Essence they were basically worthless as they lost all their main features like shadow step with stun, bluff was not landing, no more half kills, no cancel target...really really bad. The OP daggers we had on Blue/Red were due to their gear...but with the gear they had even a butterfly would land insane damage. 
Nukers were always viable. No matter the patch. No matter the version.

Fact is class balance changed over the versions. Right now on essence you cannot play anything but DK, titans and tyrants as anything else is too under powered. 
The only counter to DKs are bishops and SE, with SE being #1 with transformation removal debuff + lot of damage setup/buffs. 

Reworks will really bring fresh air to the game and hopefully make all classes viable, altho they should cut down a bit DKs and titans power by nerfing their AOEs a bit. But removing the chance of critical from those skills should be enough already. 

they are doing that, tankers got reworked, orcs mage got reworked, archer/dagger got reworked on kr

they just arent good doing that... but they are somehow trying to make some classes back to competitive pvp... 

10 minutes ago, muash said:

they are doing that, tankers got reworked, orcs mage got reworked, archer/dagger got reworked on kr

they just arent good doing that... but they are somehow trying to make some classes back to competitive pvp... 

Well they are doing bad cause mostly they are not balancing them right. You can see that with daggers or tanks compared to archers.
Archer's rework is going to improve their skill power, new level of UE, a 'Ultimate form' that increases both power and HP and they are improving their key features.

For daggers and tanks they didn't.
Daggers got whole new skill setups, and while improving by a lot (it seems) their offensive power, they kinda ignored their CCs. It would have been cool to see daggers get stun on shadow step again but they got a silence/doom instead. Which is not bad eh, don't get me wrong, but still a stun of few seconds would have been better. 
As for tanks, i didn't bother reading their rework a lot so i can't recall correctly...but they improved their CC and offensive power while basically ignoring their defensive power...which should be the key feature of a tank. Increasing p.def is not enough if every class will ignore a % of ur p.def. They should have reworked tanks to look more like awakening server with 1 or 2 UDs that caps received damage to, idk, 100-500.

As far as i can see, they are basically improving all damage outputs while kinda ignoring the defensive ability, so pretty soon with p2w items and skills you will end up doing like on awakening: turn on all ur p2w items and boost skills and the first to land a skill will oneshot the other.