[Blackbird Only] Ongoing Server Lag Issue - August 2021

Sunshine

I Love how silent they are, server has been lagging for 2 days and has crashed 3 times so far yet there is no official statement whatsoever.... were is the compensation for people who lost their dungeons or people who uses their sayahs pots

• L2 Team
Just now, RandomEnchanter said:

Down again @Sunshine@Juji@Hime

1 minute ago, MinoltaPro said:

Server just crashed again now. Great job NC my ass.. I used to work at NEXON USA. NC USA's doing worse then NEXON.  (I thought NEXON was the shittest Korean Publisher lol.)

Thanks for the heads up; we're aware and trying to troubleshoot.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Sunshine said:

Thanks for the heads up; we're aware and trying to troubleshoot.

No shit.. there should be a heads up 2 crashes ago.

We want official statement of whats happening and what is the compensation for wasting money just to have servers crashing

There is a big problem writing code when most is in Korean, completely understandable. If you have written code before, things that should work dont always work. sometimes one fix disables another fix.  rushing programs to make a quick fix is not always the best answer. but next time hopefuly they will sand box test at max compacity and have server limits, free transfers and add another server etc.

• L2 Team
4 minutes ago, Kunga said:

No shit.. there should be a heads up 2 crashes ago.

We want official statement of whats happening and what is the compensation for wasting money just to have servers crashing

Compensation will happen and we will let you know that that is once we resolve the issue.

4 minutes ago, RandomEnchanter said:

The only thing i like on Aden servers is @Sunshinewho always reply quick and always around..

Thank you. 💜 I'm doing my best to get information and tell you what I know when I know it.

3 minutes ago, kevil said:

There is a big problem writing code when most is in Korean, completely understandable. If you have written code before, things that should work dont always work. sometimes one fix disables another fix.  rushing programs to make a quick fix is not always the best answer. but next time hopefuly they will sand box test at max compacity and have server limits, free transfers and add another server etc.

Very well said. As much as the Devs (and mostly me) would love to snap our fingers and instantly know what needs to be fixed, that's not always the case with servers. Sometimes you fix one thing, and then bring the server back only to see that it broke a few other things. I know that the team is working hard to find the issue and resolve it as soon as possible.

Let me be honest. I've been in the gaming industry for 10+ years myself as well.

The problem since yesterday at Aden server is classified as "MAJOR TECHNICAL" problem.

Since all other servers are working fine, this is not a problem that is being caused by "Data Center (IDC)."

Korean gaming companies DO NOT HAVE the technological advancement like CHINESE publishers 

who are usually dealing with 50,000 ~ Millions of CONCURRENT players at the same time.

I think the biggest issue is the POPULATION LIMIT assigned to this server.

I am not a tech person but more on the operations side.

When a massive amount of players that are already over the limit of the server capacity is pushing in,

maybe it is causing all the overload into the data transmission. Since the server went down twice today,

the tech guys should look for all possible clues including Dump files and all. Then really bring up a new game build

and make an emergency server maintenance. Then compensate the players properly. 

This is a MAJOR issue. NOT a minor. NC is not making an official statement yet and just do a server rebooting really makes myself

wondering is this really NC game?  If you would refund  my hundreds of $$ I spent already, I will gladly get my refund and delete the game.

This is NOT NC CLASS game service at all. I am start being disappointed big time.

Wake up NC guys! This is NOT KOREAN gaming standard!

• Like 1

• L2 Team
1 minute ago, Coisa said:

@Sunshine Hello, server goes down when i was doing trascendent, please look foward to my ticket, we are in hurry on exp :/ Your request (23748255: Server down during Trascendent instance)

Heya @Coisathis issue is impacting everyone on Blackbird, and we're seeing a large number of CS tickets in the queue. I'm sure they will get to yours as soon as they are able. Thank you!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sunshine said:

Heya @Coisathis issue is impacting everyone on Blackbird, and we're seeing a large number of CS tickets in the queue. I'm sure they will get to yours as soon as they are able. Thank you!

I appreciate it @Sunshine thank you for the quick answer to the community.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Coisa said:

I appreciate it @Sunshine thank you for the quick answer to the community.

Don't expect anything. They replied to my ticket saying ,, "They will forward my ticket to QA team".

That is not QA team's job. Anyway, I replied but there is no further feedback. I advise you to drop your expectation :(

By the way, Coisa.. You can guess who I am :) I am about to join you guys. Thanks for teaching me about this game.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MinoltaPro said:

Don't expect anything. They replied to my ticket saying ,, "They will forward my ticket to QA team".

That is not QA team's job. Anyway, I replied but there is no further feedback. I advise you to drop your expectation :(

By the way, Coisa.. You can guess who I am :) I am about to join you guys. Thanks for teaching me about this game.

Hey VOLT :D,  thanks for showing up man we will keep rocking 

• L2 Team
7 minutes ago, MinoltaPro said:

It may not be their job, but your information is helpful to QA to test any issue. 

You should consider limiting the boxes that can be opened per IP. Too many boxes opened caused lags. 1 IP can open 10 boxes = 10 characters in game at the same time. If you can limit this to at least 3-5 boxes max. This may resolve the lag issue. Just saying.

Hello, 

when they can have a solution why playing this way is impossible large number of us have made strong purchases of nccoins and in return what we get is a server that can not be played. I ask them when I can play normally so as not to waste time now and come back when it is solved

• L2 Team
21 minutes ago, eichy said:

Hello, 

when they can have a solution why playing this way is impossible large number of us have made strong purchases of nccoins and in return what we get is a server that can not be played. I ask them when I can play normally so as not to waste time now and come back when it is solved

I'll update you as soon as I have information to update you with.

• Sunshine changed the title to [Blackbird Only] Ongoing Server Lag Issue - August 2021

@Sunshine@Hime@Juji

Item lag is back.  Regular items is about a 5 second lag, L2 store and L2 Coin Store are about 1 minute before you get the confirmation and the item.

It feels like what you did has improved things a bit, but still a way to go.  After each reboot we're good for an hour or two before things start slowing down again.