Restoration System Fun

iHyperlite

This isn't a cry post, I'm just posting my recent experience with this system.

Recently, a dragon was killed on Chronos, and shortly after a +0 Dragon Ring appeared on the auction house for 80b.  I submitted a petition asking if the item on the auction house had been restored.  The GM denied me the request due to the item not being in my inventory.

Well, what are my options now?  Only 1-2 rings drop every 2 weeks, and they are snatched up instantly.  So I bought it, enchanted it, it failed going +1, replied to my petition asking to restore it.  Guess what?  The item has recently been restored by the support staff.  Should I have asked again before enchanting?  I guess...

I asked for them to validate the item's history via IP's, chat logs of my character shouting for the past 4-5 weeks wanting to buy this item in world chat, all of which are denied and I'm left with a too bad so sad and thank you for your understanding type of response.

I have a couple points to make with this experience/post. 

1st, Whoever was awarded the dragon ring from the raid, enchanted it, failed it, restored it and listed it on the AH to appear as a fresh drop, there is a special place in hell for people like you.

2nd, To random players wanting to buy items fairly on the open market that are farmed by a select few people.  Be careful.

3rd, to NCsoft ( @Juji @Hime ).  I think its time you add some type of tool tip/ID/icon/something showing if an item in game is eligible for restore since the 90 day restore aspect is the governing factor on if it can be done or not.  If a player way less off than me got burnt on 80b like this,  they would quit.  As for me, I have had 2 separate less than adequate experiences with the support staff over the past few weeks which.  It is what it is, its on me to stay or leave.

I will end with, you should update your restoration policy, because you do not follow it.

• If an item is not eligible for a restoration, the NCSOFT Support Team will let you know in response to your request.

You refused to follow this part of your policy.  How are players supposed to check if an item on the open market has been restored or not?

If you care to look into it, Ticket # 23751176

Have a nice weekend.

56 minutes ago, iHyperlite said:

This isn't a cry post, I'm just posting my recent experience with this system.

Recently, a dragon was killed on Chronos, and shortly after a +0 Dragon Ring appeared on the auction house for 80b.  I submitted a petition asking if the item on the auction house had been restored.  The GM denied me the request due to the item not being in my inventory.

Well, what are my options now?  Only 1-2 rings drop every 2 weeks, and they are snatched up instantly.  So I bought it, enchanted it, it failed going +1, replied to my petition asking to restore it.  Guess what?  The item has recently been restored by the support staff.  Should I have asked again before enchanting?  I guess...

I asked for them to validate the item's history via IP's, chat logs of my character shouting for the past 4-5 weeks wanting to buy this item in world chat, all of which are denied and I'm left with a too bad so sad and thank you for your understanding type of response.

I have a couple points to make with this experience/post. 

1st, Whoever was awarded the dragon ring from the raid, enchanted it, failed it, restored it and listed it on the AH to appear as a fresh drop, there is a special place in hell for people like you.

2nd, To random players wanting to buy items fairly on the open market that are farmed by a select few people.  Be careful.

3rd, to NCsoft ( @Juji @Hime ).  I think its time you add some type of tool tip/ID/icon/something showing if an item in game is eligible for restore since the 90 day restore aspect is the governing factor on if it can be done or not.  If a player way less off than me got burnt on 80b like this,  they would quit.  As for me, I have had 2 separate less than adequate experiences with the support staff over the past few weeks which.  It is what it is, its on me to stay or leave.

I will end with, you should update your restoration policy, because you do not follow it.

• If an item is not eligible for a restoration, the NCSOFT Support Team will let you know in response to your request.

You refused to follow this part of your policy.  How are players supposed to check if an item on the open market has been restored or not?

If you care to look into it, Ticket # 23751176

Have a nice weekend.

1. I agree, an restored item should have a tag on it, the restoration sistem is just another broken aspect of the game.

2.They do not care for the problems people have in  game.

3.the solution is logout.

well it's happening a lot, items appealing you buy em and when you want to ask they tell you it's already restored so deal with it.

It would be awesome to know prior buy something if it works or not but we know that wont ever happen.

After 4 rings form AH in the same as you situation I'll wait another bouquet sale to try dragon jewels cos at least I know they come from a npc and not a Grdy Ps of sh that already did the restore in +0 to fk someone else.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, iHyperlite said:

Should I have asked again before enchanting?  I guess...

Yeah, that's the only sane (within this insane system they have in place) path to follow. Buy item, check if it has been restored, if yes wait 3 months before doing anything.

In an ideal world items not eligible for restauration would have a tooltip indicating their status. 

I wasted 40-50 B on 1 item, made a ticket and 4-5 replies with l2 sport but was not able to restore it, the point of having on restoration  system that only so some people use to make money is rong is that the intention of ncsoft?, at least bound the item to there's account, the server is full of none tradable itmes.

Fun fact, before try and breaking the item in question u can specify the item on a ticket in the "failed/enchanting" section of the support page and ask the support if the item is available for restore, i've done it quite a few times while enchanting krishna weaps, so the system works fine and they let you know beforehand if the restore is available for the item, if you ask them, they cant predict the future and assume you broke the gear w/o knowing or else people would abuse the system once more, so before trying the restore system on a AH item always check it on the support, they wont be mad, they'll just answer you

5 hours ago, Water said:

Fun fact, before try and breaking the item in question u can specify the item on a ticket in the "failed/enchanting" section of the support page and ask the support if the item is available for restore, i've done it quite a few times while enchanting krishna weaps, so the system works fine and they let you know beforehand if the restore is available for the item, if you ask them, they cant predict the future and assume you broke the gear w/o knowing or else people would abuse the system once more, so before trying the restore system on a AH item always check it on the support, they wont be mad, they'll just answer you

If you read my post, I did ask them when it was on the AH. They stated they could not tell me about this item. I submitted it exactly where you said to.