Aden "Solo" Server..

LocaPuppy

My question about the "Aden Solo Server" is.. if were forced to level up solo without box buffer/healer or macros.  unable to party even a single friend to exp with and attack the same mobs, have Solo transcendence zones/ primevil/ alligator islands.. then just like any "single player" game you play by yourself.. why are there not "solo" bosses to kill ourselves and obtain halfway descent drops from?  Everything about this server is "Solo" except for the fact if you want any gear worth having you need a clan and 3 full parties to go do raids..?  Even further, most of these raids have been monopolized by the top ranks in the server to where your average "Solo" joe has no chance to participate, and even if he does, there's no way the top ranks will give up the drops to him that they are farming for themselves and their own personal agenda / economy?  Shouldn't there be "end bosses" or any kind of boss at that to where a solo person can go to be given a bit of a challenge aside from your normal farm and reap the rewards of a drop for your accomplishment?  or Should I just continue to farm with 0 mp using 1 skill, no macros, no friends involved and wait for the top ranks to start selling any gear worth having?  In conclusion, this "solo" Aden gameplay really isn't very "solo" when it comes down too it.. even if you p2w it only goes so far.. I'm hundreds of dollars in and all there is to show for it is plenty of Sayha's grace pots attack/defense scrolls and a pretty good level. Just saying, there needs to be more then this to really accommodate the true "Solo" player.  & Thats my tea.

Thanks.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LocaPuppy said:

My question about the "Aden Solo Server" is.. if were forced to level up solo without box buffer/healer or macros.  unable to party even a single friend to exp with and attack the same mobs, have Solo transcendence zones/ primevil/ alligator islands.. then just like any "single player" game you play by yourself.. why are there not "solo" bosses to kill ourselves and obtain halfway descent drops from?  Everything about this server is "Solo" except for the fact if you want any gear worth having you need a clan and 3 full parties to go do raids..?  Even further, most of these raids have been monopolized by the top ranks in the server to where your average "Solo" joe has no chance to participate, and even if he does, there's no way the top ranks will give up the drops to him that they are farming for themselves and their own personal agenda / economy?  Shouldn't there be "end bosses" or any kind of boss at that to where a solo person can go to be given a bit of a challenge aside from your normal farm and reap the rewards of a drop for your accomplishment?  or Should I just continue to farm with 0 mp using 1 skill, no macros, no friends involved and wait for the top ranks to start selling any gear worth having?  In conclusion, this "solo" Aden gameplay really isn't very "solo" when it comes down too it.. even if you p2w it only goes so far.. I'm hundreds of dollars in and all there is to show for it is plenty of Sayha's grace pots attack/defense scrolls and a pretty good level. Just saying, there needs to be more then this to really accommodate the true "Solo" player.  & Thats my tea.

Thanks.  

it really comes down to how you see things.

Back in the day, an OL, an SE, a sws could not do anything solo but they were necessary to do stuff, pvp/raids etc etc. L2 Essence in reality allows you to level up any class you want, with the ability to solo efficiently so you can eventually get high lvl without having to rely on others. 

That ends when alliance raids come in play, you need to be part of a clan and do stuff collectively  for more gains. Now there are both Solo and Alliance raids to do but, it really comes down to how competitive/active you want to be.

Now the fact that no1 really wants to put the effort to be a part of the clan is the frustrating part, everyone wants to join a raid, get what they need and peace out to afk XP again, it is how things have been in L2 since day 1. So it is hard to get involved into higher level content/drops that leads to post like those.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Connex said:

it really comes down to how you see things.

Back in the day, an OL, an SE, a sws could not do anything solo but they were necessary to do stuff, pvp/raids etc etc. L2 Essence in reality allows you to level up any class you want, with the ability to solo efficiently so you can eventually get high lvl without having to rely on others. 

That ends when alliance raids come in play, you need to be part of a clan and do stuff collectively  for more gains. Now there are both Solo and Alliance raids to do but, it really comes down to how competitive/active you want to be.

Now the fact that no1 really wants to put the effort to be a part of the clan is the frustrating part, everyone wants to join a raid, get what they need and peace out to afk XP again, it is how things have been in L2 since day 1. So it is hard to get involved into higher level content/drops that leads to post like those.

Include clan leaders in this analogy, because some of them have zero experience doing Raids other than the Bandit Stronghold so that leaves people like me wondering how is this supposed to get me ahead in the game. Starting wars because they happen to have lucked out and picked a good “pk” toon and have the gear from the raids and clan payment while telling their members to p2w. P2W only basically allows you to farm better and if you can’t farm you can’t move your character forward to be any use in pvp or wars or any other parts of the game. Until the rework is done on the NA server’s the dominant assassin class is nothing more than another body to throw at the “zergs” and I for one love the pvp part of the game, but just as in Chronicles 1-4 my le dagger gets griefed by a passing healer and I have to go wait for them to afk farm for any repercussions for pking me.  This whole Idea of crafting higher lvl skills is a poop show. On top of that you have daggers advanced skills all providing bonuses for hitting someone in the back yet the skills required to get to someone’s back have a 30 second cool down in Aden. Most fights are over in seconds and the more someone buys the 500 hp pots the less likely this fight ends at all. Meanwhile I have been pkd in the game for no other reason than a Titan wants a whole room in Cruma for itself.  They fear no penalty of dropping their gear because they can just buy it back instead of it being forfeited to the people who kill the reds.  I want to enjoy alll aspects f the game pvp included, but I can’t stop lvling and accumulating assets because I’m not rerolling and dumping 1k rwm so I play what’s powerful now.  Make raid area’s available to single players like Primeval, or other areas where actual items that are needed drop or have a chance at dropping. And fix the random crafting to items that actually can be used by the class of the player making them.  Seriously, what am I supposed to do with an a grade robe I can’t sell or crystallize when I’m a dd?

16 hours ago, Infid3l said:

Until the rework is done on the NA server’s the dominant assassin class is nothing more than another body to throw at the “zergs” and I for one love the pvp part of the game, but just as in Chronicles 1-4 my le dagger gets griefed by a passing healer and I have to go wait for them to afk farm for any repercussions for pking me.  This whole Idea of crafting higher lvl skills is a poop show.

Well your WR has no dmg now due to missing crt dmg passive and no epic jewel end game. To kill healers you'd need a NM light main part that'd make the job WAY easier, altho you'll still lack dmg. 
As for the skill system...yeah, it's the worst idea ever. basically with this thing you cannot play a class to the maximum potential cause you're stuck waiting for a book that has 0.002% chance of dropping from a raid or the very same chance of coming out of a box. Box that might cost you over 500 euros and still not giving the book you need. 

16 hours ago, Infid3l said:

On top of that you have daggers advanced skills all providing bonuses for hitting someone in the back yet the skills required to get to someone’s back have a 30 second cool down in Aden. 

Well as you said yourself, daggers will get a rework and we're losing Focus death prime effect of increasing dmg by 90% from the back, increasing all dagger's potential in general, not only from a side. The only one that will probably still have a sort of "focus death" will be the GH (if i don't recall it wrong) having his Backstab improved once he learns the passive skill. 

As for the rest of the things:

L2 Aden is "solo" as you don't really need a clan to do anything. You know why? Because money. 
You can get to lv 90 xping alone, yeah, just pay enough to sustain the Sayha system that is forcing you to pay, cause if you get it down to 0x and 0% you get no xp, no adena and no drops.
You can get epics. Buy A LOT of boxes and you're gucci. Otherwise sell Lcoins for adena or trade boxes to bosses.
Same goes with book, you want it? good: go buy giran seal boxes and try ur luck with special craft with a lowered rate compared to the clan special craft. Ah in case you're wondering it might cost you around 100-150 euros to try ONE skill (not even a top one) aaaaand the chances to get the book is like 20%? 

....✨SOLO PLAYERS✨

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Innis said:

Well your WR has no dmg now due to missing crt dmg passive and no epic jewel end game. To kill healers you'd need a NM light main part that'd make the job WAY easier, altho you'll still lack dmg. 
As for the skill system...yeah, it's the worst idea ever. basically with this thing you cannot play a class to the maximum potential cause you're stuck waiting for a book that has 0.002% chance of dropping from a raid or the very same chance of coming out of a box. Box that might cost you over 500 euros and still not giving the book you need. 

Well as you said yourself, daggers will get a rework and we're losing Focus death prime effect of increasing dmg by 90% from the back, increasing all dagger's potential in general, not only from a side. The only one that will probably still have a sort of "focus death" will be the GH (if i don't recall it wrong) having his Backstab improved once he learns the passive skill. 

As for the rest of the things:

L2 Aden is "solo" as you don't really need a clan to do anything. You know why? Because money. 
You can get to lv 90 xping alone, yeah, just pay enough to sustain the Sayha system that is forcing you to pay, cause if you get it down to 0x and 0% you get no xp, no adena and no drops.
You can get epics. Buy A LOT of boxes and you're gucci. Otherwise sell Lcoins for adena or trade boxes to bosses.
Same goes with book, you want it? good: go buy giran seal boxes and try ur luck with special craft with a lowered rate compared to the clan special craft. Ah in case you're wondering it might cost you around 100-150 euros to try ONE skill (not even a top one) aaaaand the chances to get the book is like 20%? 

....✨SOLO PLAYERS✨

Let’s do the math here a bit.  Say you have 25 whales spending 1k a month to stay at the top, and 250 spending 500 a month and 1000 spending 100 a month (these are conservative numbers by the way) so that’s 25k + 125k +100k let’s toss in 3000 players buying the 42.00 pack at launch and spending 8 dollars to round the number up that = 150k.  So 400k a month, per NA release so 800k a month I’d say whoever licensed this release is swimming in $$.  Why are we playing this game again?

54 minutes ago, Infid3l said:

Let’s do the math here a bit.  Say you have 25 whales spending 1k a month to stay at the top, and 250 spending 500 a month and 1000 spending 100 a month (these are conservative numbers by the way) so that’s 25k + 125k +100k let’s toss in 3000 players buying the 42.00 pack at launch and spending 8 dollars to round the number up that = 150k.  So 400k a month, per NA release so 800k a month I’d say whoever licensed this release is swimming in $$.  Why are we playing this game again?

masochism?

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Infid3l said:

Well the fact is you are kinda far away with numbers...just saying: you should add to those whales at least those 1-5 players that are gonna drop their lifes into game and spend over 5-10k euros monthly, cause there are players of that kind.

BESIDE THAT, the reason why you play this game is simply cause you used to love it and still hope to find the same joy you had in the past here. Which wont come as the game is totally different and now is 99% p2w and 1% anything else. 

I have to admit that i had the best "feelings" and moments into this game on privates, lately, as they were crowded with people (real people, not afk farmers or fake numbers) cause it allowed me to play the old way using hands and brain instead of smashing 2 buttons on repeat untill i burst the enemy melissas. 

I'm looking forward for books to be easier to drop, but this system that locks skills on a toon is made from them for a reason: you can't sell a skill you learned. You either go for illegal ways or you just lose it forever, if you decide to reroll. Reason why they are making a permanent "class change service" in korea that gives you back books when you change from 1 type to another...sadly books are Imprint soooo you can't sell them :)

1 hour ago, Innis said:

Well the fact is you are kinda far away with numbers...just saying: you should add to those whales at least those 1-5 players that are gonna drop their lifes into game and spend over 5-10k euros monthly, cause there are players of that kind.

BESIDE THAT, the reason why you play this game is simply cause you used to love it and still hope to find the same joy you had in the past here. Which wont come as the game is totally different and now is 99% p2w and 1% anything else. 

I have to admit that i had the best "feelings" and moments into this game on privates, lately, as they were crowded with people (real people, not afk farmers or fake numbers) cause it allowed me to play the old way using hands and brain instead of smashing 2 buttons on repeat untill i burst the enemy melissas. 

I'm looking forward for books to be easier to drop, but this system that locks skills on a toon is made from them for a reason: you can't sell a skill you learned. You either go for illegal ways or you just lose it forever, if you decide to reroll. Reason why they are making a permanent "class change service" in korea that gives you back books when you change from 1 type to another...sadly books are Imprint soooo you can't sell them :)

Makes it seem seem the more they try to discourage rwm players the more it hurts the actual people physically willing to play their characters 4-6 hrs a day doing dailys and raids.  Here’s an idea, NCSOFT… Farmers are smarter than you, they will always be smarter than you, quit ruining the game experience because you’re losing 2 or 3% of your profit from sales you can’t control.

It's because NC burst the hypocritical bubble.  Starting off in prelude/C1, RMT was a bannable offense.  Anything more than the 13 dollars you spent a month was illegal and broke the EULA.  Now, RMT is the ONLY way to level up your toon.  They killed the classic experience by putting a pay shop in.  They killed the classic experience by putting that stupid afk autohunting button on there.  The holiday events (one of the most fun aspects of the game) they used to have was an awesome chance for starting out players to make money to buy gear.  Then they killed that by making the "events", and I'm loosely using this term, since it's absolutely NOTHING like the events that we had... only available to top level players.  This game used to be about the adventure and growing as a community (clans/alliances/or just meeting people from all over the world), now for impatient gamers it's a race to the finish.  It used to be if you wanted to level quickly, start a party and be a part of the community.  It used to punish bad behavior by making PK'ers drop stuff when they got killed (another fun aspect, seeing 20 people chase down a red to get their drops).  I was one that was truly excited when they released a classic server because I do miss the old days of grinding your butt off.  I was hoping that it was going to be a mirror image of that game I loved. Found out right away that turned into a big steaming pile.  There's a reason (a billion of them) why the server population is about a tenth of what it used to be, why there were 8 servers for live iirc.  People got sick of the cash grab that this game has turned into.  I know a lot of people that quit when the P2W shop was introduced, I was one of them.  I was happy being in the middle, just grinding away minding my own business, making friends, partying, and joining alliances.  Just as always, the people that are killing the game are the whales that spend thousands of dollars (or tens of thousands, which I can't even fathom, but whatever floats your boat) for the big pee pee flex.  The only thing that NC listened to was the population crying that there were too many bots.  Now, a good portion of the things that you acquire you can't sell/trade with the "imprint" system, and in effect, they made practically the whole server bots with AFK hunting (which also used to be a bannable offense...see the irony?  Only okay if we can make money off of it).  AFK hunt and come back and dump your credit card then go back AFK. 

As for classes, I've always played a dwarf, so I'm used to never being FOTM.  Our only perk that we had was crafting/scavenging to make money to gear ourselves better than the others, and that got taken away from us also.  We were always the fat kid in gym that got picked last for teams except for clans that needed a crafter/scavenger for mats/gear and for golems in sieges.

In all, they made it pay to win because you're willing to pay, and they've basically told the community there's nothing you can do about it.  

• Like 2