enchantment Master Yogi's staff.

what happened to enchantment rates? I see that they have lowered more and more. the first week was very high in which I have enchanted many +12 weapons, after the maintenance they have dropped considerably, what is happening? Can you explain me @Juji?  the difference is noticeable and even out of 100 +11 weapons, 4 or 5 reach +12. while in the previous week they were more. It seems to me that you are completely screwing up the only way to win this event. and not to mention the incursion of Orco Raid.

That's a recurring theme. Players always complain that on weeks 2+ of any event the rates get worse @Juji always says they don't.

Two possibilities.  

a) Juji is lying

b) Math. Week 1 more people enchant, so the RNG behind the enchant works well. Week 2+ Fewer and fewer people enchant, so more people get "stuck" in negative streaks

It's a simply dynamic, really. When the server first comes online for a new event the rates are good to encourage participation. But eventually the rates have to return to the statistical trough for the math to work, so during the following week(s) it gets harder to succeed. Most people at that point are still vested enough that they continue to participate, even though not nearly as many people are winning good prizes...so it's a win for NCSoft.

As for the players, meh, you knew what you were getting into when you downloaded the game. I mean it's not a coincidence that one of the chief characters in game is named "Mammon." If you don't know what that word means, google it.  😁

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Mete said:

That's a recurring theme. Players always complain that on weeks 2+ of any event the rates get worse @Juji always says they don't.

Two possibilities.  

a) Juji is lying

b) Math. Week 1 more people enchant, so the RNG behind the enchant works well. Week 2+ Fewer and fewer people enchant, so more people get "stuck" in negative streaks

There's a third option and way more likely, they are doing it on purpose (as they been doing on other games, and i believe even got caught on some) and Juji doesn't know because they simply didn't told him.
It's a very used strategy by other MMO companies and one of the reasons why you don't get any loot chances on NCWest. Can't legally put a chance that changes during the event, right?  (In Korea they can't do it anymore cause of the complain the players made to the government so they do have the rates) 

11 hours ago, DoubtDestiny said:

It's a simply dynamic, really. When the server first comes online for a new event the rates are good to encourage participation. But eventually the rates have to return to the statistical trough for the math to work, so during the following week(s) it gets harder to succeed. Most people at that point are still vested enough that they continue to participate, even though not nearly as many people are winning good prizes...so it's a win for NCSoft.

As for the players, meh, you knew what you were getting into when you downloaded the game. I mean it's not a coincidence that one of the chief characters in game is named "Mammon." If you don't know what that word means, google it.  😁

I have not seen a NPC character named Mammon... Merchant of Mammon, Blacksmith of Mammon are not emissaries of an actual NPC named Mammon, they Worship Mammon(like some kind of Cult... ) Maphr the Dwarven God may have  some connection to Mammon, but we may never know anything about Mammon in-game.

18 hours ago, SAXnVl0LlNS said:

I have not seen a NPC character named Mammon... Merchant of Mammon, Blacksmith of Mammon are not emissaries of an actual NPC named Mammon, they Worship Mammon(like some kind of Cult... ) Maphr the Dwarven God may have  some connection to Mammon, but we may never know anything about Mammon in-game.

Logical pretzel much? The "of Mammon" tells us all we need to know. Not like they are Blacksmith or Merchant of "Give Shit Away for Free." His original statement was spot on and funny imho.

On 5/5/2022 at 7:52 PM, Pia said:

what happened to enchantment rates? I see that they have lowered more and more. the first week was very high in which I have enchanted many +12 weapons, after the maintenance they have dropped considerably, what is happening? Can you explain me @Juji?  the difference is noticeable and even out of 100 +11 weapons, 4 or 5 reach +12. while in the previous week they were more. It seems to me that you are completely screwing up the only way to win this event. and not to mention the incursion of Orco Raid.

Enchanting system  the same like more then last 5years. You juts not understand how it working - that's all.