Dear Hermes ...

Arkidis

I am writing to express my opinion about the game and the majority of the players.

Please, we need you.

Game has become so boring. No content, no items, no events, nothing fun to make us happy when we login.. (i am not talking about the current watermelon event, i am talking about events in general). Usually most of the "events" last 2-4 weeks and we don't want this.

Years ago, we used to do massive calls via ventrilo/teamspeak etc, with our friends and have fun in the game but now, every single day we login, do dailies, instances and then logout. We cannot do anything in the game anymore and this is sad because we love Lineage 2 so much :(

Please, we beg you, don't be afk like the rest of your team and make Lineage 2 great again. Do something (like quests, hunting zones etc) that we (players) will be excited when we login because at this time we only consume power energy and the cost of it is very high around the world. 

Don't focus only on adding new Promo boxes in L2 Store, there are thousands of fixes that you must do in the game. 

Last but not least, yes, we've seen you reply in topics. This is very positive and it seems you are actually doing a "behind the scenes" work but there's more to be done. When people's money worth something, they will spend more. Also, when people see administrators/GMs reply to topics and they are active players are happy too. Keep that in mind. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Totally agree , they are trying to promote party play (playing with other people in group) by increasing mob difficulties and etc..

But apart from dailies there is no group play , 

If I smash mobs solo or if i smash mobs with party while idling does not make a difference...

But that part when I used to call my friends after work to login and interact in game so we can do some quests  or bosses, to get rewarded with loot from it to get stronger so people could compete with each other is missing to long now.. That transition to afk play once it was introduced was brilliant with quests/drops/ncStore everything worked perfectly!

Totally agree make Lineage great again!

Hermes, tell Korean devs to pull that content from they sleeves! 

And by saying content I dont mean new augument stones or new dye's like juji named new dyes as a content..  They are items not a content! 

They have to take some lessons from W*W they used to be rivals in my eyes..

Drop level cap if needed to 100 or even less , and pull new content out!

Because soon we will get update with level cap 999lvl and whole gameplay will be to log in and that's it.

It won't surprise me if they pull new *beta* function like in Lineage mobile,just pay 20$ a month and server will keep you ONLINE and hunting.. all you need to do just log in and buy some shots...

The game which you can play without playing 🤪 

do you think they care?  the player population of these 2 servers are but a mere fraction of those who play over in the east, and the few whales keep the gms well fed with these sales and promos.

11 hours ago, Arkidis said:

Game has become so boring. No content, no items, no events, nothing fun to make us happy when we login.. (i am not talking about the current watermelon event, i am talking about events in general). Usually most of the "events" last 2-4 weeks and we don't want this.

This is so true. NC Soft has unfortunately taken a completely wrong approach to Lineage 2 where they started developing it as a mobile game and in the sea of other similar games they completely missed the mark to stand out as a unique offer. 

11 hours ago, Arkidis said:

I am writing to express my opinion about the game and the majority of the players.

Please, we need you.

Years ago, we used to do massive calls via ventrilo/teamspeak etc, with our friends and have fun in the game but now, every single day we login, do dailies, instances and then logout. We cannot do anything in the game anymore and this is sad because we love Lineage 2 so much :(

Please, we beg you, don't be afk like the rest of your team and make Lineage 2 great again. Do something (like quests, hunting zones etc) that we (players) will be excited when we login because at this time we only consume power energy and the cost of it is very high around the world. 

Don't focus only on adding new Promo boxes in L2 Store, there are thousands of fixes that you must do in the game. 

Last but not least, yes, we've seen you reply in topics. This is very positive and it seems you are actually doing a "behind the scenes" work but there's more to be done. When people's money worth something, they will spend more. Also, when people see administrators/GMs reply to topics and they are active players are happy too. Keep that in mind. 

Tis man is right all the way, first  of all tis strategi that Ncsoft is using now is not supportable for many players in the long run. The electricity bill here in Europe it up 10 euros more then last 2 mounth  and is just the start  in septembere  it will go more, 7/24 afk lvl will no be a options for many ppl from now on. For 10 euros i can activate  wow acc and play  when i want to and log out for ex. Make dungens /new/old to get highter xp from them and xp form dayls   so ppl can  lvl up with 3 hr per day log in.I cant buy nothing  for u 2lStore. I want items  wep/armor/and so on  i dont want to Gamble / dont want materials   that i have a 10% chanse to  make something from them. i dont want potions and idiotic thins that   none   need.  The game and marketing need to be re-evaluated is not bad is Catastrophe

48 minutes ago, aelian said:

This is so true. NC Soft has unfortunately taken a completely wrong approach to Lineage 2 where they started developing it as a mobile game and in the sea of other similar games they completely missed the mark to stand out as a unique offer. 

Agree with you its a idle mobile game on PC.. buy some shots and leave PC online for as long as you can..

Game had big variety of content 5-6years back, now its shrank to as minimum as possible 90% of NPC's in game are not in use or gives you critical error once you try to talk with them..

I'm not surprised why people don't express they opinions in community forum they just slag the game in discord instead..

As every thing got ignored and unheard and I give you 100% @Hermes wont even bother replying to this topic.

Even message with "we will take your suggestion in consideration" keep the hope alive ,

The only reasons why is still playing is:

1. Financial attachments(once you spend some money)
  2. Nostalgia(memories that game used to be unique in its way)
  3. Friends & community(friends who are attached or yourself to one of the above)
  • Like 1

• Administrators

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to share your suggestions.

Please know that you have my commitment to improving the state of Lineage 2 and making it more enjoyable for everyone. Topics like this help a lot as I get so much valued feedback from you all, which is why I dedicate significant effort to reading through every single topic on the forum.

Sometimes I don't have the answer you expect, but I do my best to acknowledge everyone's feedback. At the end of the day, we all want Lineage to improve, and part of it relies on translating your sentiment and feedback into actions you can see.

Again, thank you for your valuable time and for sharing your suggestion. 
We greatly appreciate it.

Best Regards,
Hermes

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

19 hours ago, AshesOfAdena said:

I'm not surprised why people don't express they opinions in community forum they just slag the game in discord instead..

Well who is left to express opinions? The whales don't care, the mid tier players have left long ago and the potential new players give up after a few weeks. Oh and lets not forget the people who just log in to chat with their middle aged friends, these people certainly don't care.

I have been back now for a month after a significant, we talking years here, pause and I can say while there were some quality of life improvements to L2 vast majority of changes are just lack of any imagination - milk them till it goes - approach. It is so very obvious that, compared to other regions, NC West is just sitting it out. I don't want to say this is because lack of vision for what this game can be. As I said already this version of L2 is too much like a mobile game.

Historically NC West has not really had a ear for their player base request. Maybe @Hermescan move mountains this time around but I think most are skeptical, and with full right, that we are just getting a copy paste pacifying response.

Another big issue here is the item gap between players. By keeping this investment threshold to compete in the mid tier gameplay so high everyone is loosing out here. The new players just have no way of competing on a fun level (lets just take a look what a new player can do after they hit 105 and complete their little quests), mid tier players have quit long ago because they know they can't compete with the whales and there is not enough of mid tier players to do anything of significance and the whales have no worthy opponent except themselves - so what is the fun for them - 20 middle aged men being toxic in blue chat every single day? By allowing players to progress to mid tier without the need to invest at all we would get a surge of vitality in this game that is seriously lacking. Someone said it well now we have 3 toons on sieges doing dmg worth of 3 clans, this can not be fun for anyone.

Allowing for free players to actually achieve mid tier gear would cost minimum development time, encourage ne players to come and actually invest into some better gear and make the forgotten classes matter again, when you have a clan of mid tier geared players attaching a castle well foking healers are important again right?

Get people excited about this game again and then we can talk about adding real content which is lacking on so many levels at the moment.

• Like 2

i started playing here 2 weeks ago and i got to level 105 and i ended up giving up the game, the game is completely p2w and forces you to spend money without even knowing if you will like the game or not, no newbie is crazy to spend tons of money on an official server just to kill mob 24/7, there is no in-game content for 105, I see "daily 105" partys and players are level 109+, how frustrating, no? Now I know why the officer is so still.

5 minutes ago, Kissonline said:

i started playing here 2 weeks ago and i got to level 105 and i ended up giving up the game

I see it all the time, I have a clan where I invite mostly newbies and active box characters.

In terms of newbies (who are mainly returning players), they are fun to talk to, they have a lot of interest in the game and I enjoy helping them with IT and such, but I can see that a great majority of them quit after reaching lvl 105, the ones who decide to throw in some real money usually stay till around lvl 108 and then they quit.

People are discouraged by the pay2win paywall and bored with little to no content for their lvls.

14 hours ago, Hermes said:

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to share your suggestions.

Please know that you have my commitment to improving the state of Lineage 2 and making it more enjoyable for everyone. Topics like this help a lot as I get so much valued feedback from you all, which is why I dedicate significant effort to reading through every single topic on the forum.

Sometimes I don't have the answer you expect, but I do my best to acknowledge everyone's feedback. At the end of the day, we all want Lineage to improve, and part of it relies on translating your sentiment and feedback into actions you can see.

Again, thank you for your valuable time and for sharing your suggestion. 
We greatly appreciate it.

Best Regards,
Hermes

@Hermes I really appreciate that you've replied to my topic. I could have written more but i tried to make it simple and not post a wall-text.

We know that most of the time you don't have the answer we expect. This is clear and totally understandable and we DO believe in you for great changes in our lovely game called Lineage 2! Your players and YOU (Administrators , GMs) can work together to get Lineage 2 to the TOP of the list again, because right now it's at the bottom.

I am sure you read all the topics and you gather the appropriate feedback. You cannot imagine how excited we are when we visit the website to read articles about new events and/or promo store items but then when servers are up after maintenance, we get disappointed because of the rates (loot box rates and enchant rates) as well as the promo events being too overpriced. On the other hand, when 1-2 or more weeks passed and there are no news at all in website, we get disappointed again.

Like i said, right now, our char is afk 24/7 hitting mobs and grinding like crazy but we do have high hopes that you will change most of the negative content the game has (if not all).

Finally, you should also take into consideration the rest of the replies to this topic by other players as well as on other topics.

@BENTEJUI , @AshesOfAdena , @aelian , @Tazzar , @Kissonline , @Helv , @BDeyesthank you for your replies to this topic too.

• Like 2

Hello there, I am quite new in the game (I drop l2 in h5 and I have played private interlude servers since then).
I noticed that a lot of places are abandoned, for instance: talking island. I remember all the refactor you guys did for GOD (when the game started to be bad) and now is not used anymore.
I think the game is way more complex now, but it feels way emptier than 10 years ago.

So far I am enjoying it, but I do feel that something is missing. 

Hello all,

I am not player of official servers since the days of C6. I still remember when i started playing this game trying to swim from Talking Island to Gludin village because i didnt knew what teleporter was. Years came by and l2 was long forgotten memory till Covid hit the globe. Lots of free time and decided with my friends to jump back right in and start doing, quests, raids, grandbosses and all those fun stuff. We knew official is changed but we didnt care and we wanted to taste the new era of l2. We started from classic since we wanted to experience the true vanilla Lineage 2. In addition we checked some videos from Classic launch back in 2015-2016, and we said hell yeah thats it. OH BOY we were wrong. We played for about 7 days.

An empty vast world with full of botters trying to catch spots in order to leech items and sell them to black market.

A purchase shop system which you need to sell your mother, house, car dog in order to compete with the top tier list and  even if you dont want to pay you cant even comprehend the amount of time someone needs to even be mid tier .

Since ncsoft  cant build a bulletproof anti bot system they said f** it lets introduce autofarm and let them grind 24/7. 

Content ? what is even that. 

As a result we logged out and trying to live the experience somewhere else. One of our friends have heard that some people have emulated the game so we searched for illegal servers. Not all privates are worth to be played but we catch our eye on one and yeah it was similar to the glory days of l2. Raiding, Farming in parties, people helped each other and Gms admin where one with the players. Always there to provide changes based on players request. 

To conclude, I am sad of what official l2 used to be and what it is now. And to be honest you will no see any change since game engine is old and ncsoft care more about their mobile version (most profits). maybe its time to move on we grew old thus also the game. I have some hopes though for project tl . 

The game is really funny and developed until lv.105, it would be the same until lv.110 al least.. better until 115, but is really, the game have a line to follow ejoyable until lv.105 with the exalted quests, and then is boring, it would be very nice have an exalted quest level by level 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111 gems lv. 4, 5, enchant one by one 100% rate for exalted armor, first gloves, then head, breastplate, i don´t know, equipment in general, quests, better and more zones, zones 105 to 110 are smalls, few spots, raids fields for lower levels with rewards for exalted equipment or improvements for that, Factions Quests, anything fun to do while one advance level by level. Another Zone like coalmines for 106-110

• Like 1

Hi, @Hermes  you told us something about making the game better for everyone, do you have any answers on that? update us, there is always feedback here on the forum and in the end it ends up with no answers and the same thing as always.