Time to change the server times

Slycutter

Listen I think we can all agree the server times are not good for anyone and lets not do the vote thing where people log multiple accounts to vote and skew the voting.

Your are a NA business based in the West Coast.   Prime time should be prime time for West Coast where your located or Prime East Coast where the servers are located. 

So as an east coaster I would not even mind if you do 5 - 11 PM PST at least everyone in NA gets to use the NA servers in Prime time.... Kind of a radical concept I know.

❤️ my friends from around the world but lets base the servers where their located not some phantom time zone I do not think its a bad idea.

Sounds fair, Europeans have their GMT+1, so Americans should have their own server too, especially that it's NC West lol.

BTW, the GMT+1 of Naia does not seem to be an actual GMT+1. I'm based in Central Europe - it's GMT+1 in winter time and GMT+2 in Summer Time - in Summer Time (GMT+2) server time events seem to start 2h later to my local time and in winter time (GMT+1) they start 1h later, so it looks as if Naia was UTC+1 and not GMT+1.

• Thanks 1

will be disaster when soon EU stop change time in winter and summer :D Still, fixing some activities as compromiss for both servers in exact time exclude several players to play, like dethrone or now Summer Hot Time Event. During event at least time instances should be boost permanent with restriction to exclude using passes for multiple entrance.  In Primeval now all spots will be occupied with multiple duals of same players because no free places.

4 hours ago, Helv said:

Sounds fair, Europeans have their GMT+1, so Americans should have their own server too, especially that it's NC West lol.

BTW, the GMT+1 of Naia does not seem to be an actual GMT+1. I'm based in Central Europe - it's GMT+1 in winter time and GMT+2 in Summer Time - in Summer Time (GMT+2) server time events seem to start 2h later to my local time and in winter time (GMT+1) they start 1h later, so it looks as if Naia was UTC+1 and not GMT+1.

isnt utc+1 and gmt+1 the same? lol

The reason why servers are more linked to europe times than North America because that means more than half of all game population(including live/aden/classic) is from Europe that's why its adjusted to stay in middle , its to late for europe but to early for merica , that's why Chronos is GMT +2( and dethroned UI shows it should start at 20.00 but it always starts 3 hours later..) server time itself is crippled to meet middle:/

WRONG - Tell him what he won George....

In a time far far away there was a vote during server merges.  South Americans started creating accounts to make the server times correlate with their prime time euros and NA players were both furious as they had no say in servers that were being used by majority euros and NA players for a decade. UTC -2 / -3 Is Eastern South American Time Zone.... you can figure out the country,

Which is 3 hours ahead of Eastern US and 3 hours behind central Europe.

That is why its like it is now.

20 minutes ago, Slycutter said:

WRONG - Tell him what he won George....

In a time far far away there was a vote during server merges.  South Americans started creating accounts to make the server times correlate with their prime time euros and NA players were both furious as they had no say in servers that were being used by majority euros and NA players for a decade. UTC -2 / -3 Is Eastern South American Time Zone.... you can figure out the country,

Which is 3 hours ahead of Eastern US and 3 hours behind central Europe.

That is why its like it is now.

Yeah I remember that vote I did few accounts myself 😀  what I was intending to say is about the hot time event or how they call it :) that they pick time for event to be in middle for eu and merica so both sides won't get hurt,  as I said its to late for eu and to early for us , and about dethroned I was saying that UI(help interface) shows wrong time that dethroned starts in 20.00 server time but it starts 3 hours later :D

apologies I might phrase myself wrong in previous post,  basically my point was servers are leaning to eu times for events as big chunk of population is from eu , which is visible per ip's geolocations which most of the platforms have monitored, due to sale statistics :)