Why launch a classic server if it's not classic?

BroBro

Just now, xLinden said:

is Classic and not Original/Vintage version

Remastered or Refurbished or whatever you can call it. Hahaha

In the end with VIP still need to Pay2Win $50 directly to get there. I wonder? Are there enough usefull/decent items to purchase to even get to VIP 4? ;)

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, BroBro said:

I was definitely playing Lineage 2 in on C1 and I live in Louisiana. Not sure where this information came from?

Dude...L2 was published exactly 15 years ago. 1st october of 2003 it went live in Korea. 
The game was available in NA servers for the first time since 15th november 2004. 
Sadly the old 'legacy' site is no longer up, but i'm quite sure there was no prelude/C1 for NA players. Most likely C2-C3. 

Just now, CoffeeTime said:

In the end with VIP still need to Pay2Win $50 directly to get there. I wonder? Are there enough usefull/decent items to purchase to even get to VIP 4? ;)

There will be soul shots which will help in the early days when no one can craft D shots and the prices are stupid 

1 minute ago, CoffeeTime said:

What? 

Just now, xHaseo said:

Dude...L2 was published exactly 15 years ago. 1st october of 2003 it went live in Korea. 
The game was available in NA servers for the first time since 15th november 2004. 
Sadly the old 'legacy' site is no longer up, but i'm quite sure there was no prelude/C1 for NA players. Most likely C2-C3. 

there was C1 but no prelude for NA

2 minutes ago, ZygiA said:

Haven't played with any BR people. Coming back to L2 after a long time. But yep, will be reporting them =]

You didn't miss anything worth. BR players are handless and mostly retarded. Also the players from RU are mostly the same. Even tho 3/4 of them can't even speak 1 language beside the RU, they are top players with scripts and trash with hands. 
Not all of them tho, Exeqtor was for sure an insane scripter and bot abuser, but he was quite good even with hands. Same goes for Riordian from EU servers, but no clue if he had scripts. For sure he was pretty much skilled. (Not sure if he was RU tho, guess no?). 

35 minutes ago, BroBro said:

After watching the patch preview stream, I have to say I'm disappointed in the people who are making decisions for this classic server. 

Let me start by saying I am a veteran of Lineage 2 before Awakening and have played since Chronicle 1 up until Awakening.

This classic server is supposed to bring back the old player base. If you don't stick with the classic Lineage 2 gameplay, then the old player base won't come back and this game will be essentially built for the new player base which defeats the purpose.

I am mainly concerned with the decision to not include item drop upon death by monster and death by PK while a character has Karma. This will defeat the entire purpose of hunting a character that has Karma. It also gives no reason not to just PK all the time besides XP loss. This will have a huge negative impact on the classic appeal to the server. Having no item drop upon death does not reduce griefing, but instead promotes unawareness in players and no real feeling of threat which are both very important features of Classic Lineage 2.

Please take my opinions into consideration. I have a whole group a players willing to play and they all approve of item drop. 

Thanks.

I don't understand why people are still making posts about stuff that NCSoft has already decided. If you see their stream, you `ll see that they said that this decision was taken considering the community`s opinion. Besides the non drop while in PK is nonsense, they didn't say that.

3 minutes ago, yum said:

Yea it is your fault.. if you weren't looking out and ready to run at someone come at you while your are hunting, or if you are solo that is your own fault. Get friends and protect each other and if a group of griefers annoy you, then get a group of friends or if you are a loner just learn to play smart, that's what everyone did...or die and cry about it man. You can't say you dying is anyone faults except your own, it is possible to run away, or survive, or not get stunned in the first place, pay attention. You can only complain paying attention and running away before is just too hard for you or is to much to expect you to be responsible, just be truthful about what you. It's not "I got killed with stunned because he's a griefer and it's not my fault," it's: "I got killed with stun because I wasn't paying attention and paying that much attention or having me having to look around my surroundings all the time is too much to expect from me, you can't expect me to pay attention to the game I'm staring at and playing."

It is sad I don't think people today understand this aspect of community and gameplay..and if they don't return your item or if someone griefs you then you know that they are griefer and the community distrusts them or doesn't party with/clan them.. 

You haven't played on classic before I guess. You can't 'protect yourself' at lvl 20-30 for example as a mage. One stun from the dwarf and the mob will kill you. Also, some people will not always be playing in the group and don't start with the nonsense that this game is only made for clans/cps etc., because it is not. 

27 minutes ago, ZygiA said:

I suspect there won't be many bots here, since Russia is banned. And in any case, just report them and they will be dealt with. 

Do you ever recall botters being dealt with by GM's? Yea, me neither.

1 minute ago, BroBro said:

Do you ever recall bitters being dealt with by GM's? Yea, me neither.

I do actually, but people can't be bothered to report them. And anyway, every online game will have the people who will try and tamper with the system. That's how the world works and that's how it will always work. 

16 minutes ago, Sweetness said:

You can still train them slowbrobro you just won't get items from them. Just cause you're a baddie and that's the only way you could stay good doesnt mean it should be that way. 

I'll see you in the server.

11 minutes ago, CoffeeTime said:

Well, you are paying to level smoother and this isnt P2W, it will come later xD
Exp scrolls, some buffs scrolls, comestics , etc ( need to wait to see what is in there )

1 minute ago, yum said:

I played every classic released, I played Lineage 2 since C2, and as people are saying "NA only released since C3.." that's not true... look up old archives of the website and you can see..

https://web.archive.org/web/20041213000322/http://lineage2.com:80/

and yes, you can protect yourself. You hold your right-mouse and look around you. If you see a dwarf hiding behind a tree maybe you shouldn't attack a monster you know you can't quickly kill and be prepared for pvp? I know that is a lot to expect you to do, but trust me it works..I told you another way to defend yourself is to group or use clan, I didn't say that is the only way. I already described how to protect yourself as a solo player, by BEING RESPONSIBLE AND LOOKING AROUND:x

Considering what community's opinion the refugees still left over after the the objective and utter failure of everything post interlude? The carebears playing GoD? I'm pretty sure they didn't actually poll the "classic community" they are developing and advertising a game to/for... it's okay though guys. It's not a big deal. People can voice their opinions and talk about stuff A LOT and it can still not be a big deal..

Don't phrase it like this, phrase it like "I cannot be expected to defend myself or pay attention to the game I'm staring at and playing therefore I need the developers to permanently affect the way the game has always been played so that I will not be expected to look after my own items and play responsibly"

Right, so basically every time you see someone farming next to you, you should either: 1) PK them or 2) Stop farming and stand there like an idiot waiting for a pvp to happen? That sounds like fun. 

1 minute ago, yum said:

Yea it is your fault.. if you weren't looking out and ready to run at someone come at you while your are hunting, or if you are solo that is your own fault. Get friends and protect each other and if a group of griefers annoy you, then get a group of friends or if you are a loner just learn to play smart, that's what everyone did...or die and cry about it man. You can't say you dying is anyone faults except your own, it is possible to run away, or survive, or not get stunned in the first place, pay attention. You can only complain paying attention and running away before is just too hard for you or is to much to expect you to be responsible, just be truthful about what you. It's not "I got killed with stunned because he's a griefer and it's not my fault," it's: "I got killed with stun because I wasn't paying attention and paying that much attention or having me having to look around my surroundings all the time is too much to expect from me, you can't expect me to pay attention to the game I'm staring at and playing."

So let's take this as example. We're both soloing, i come to you and act friendly. The moment you get 2 mobs on you i start stunning you. As i said before : stun delay is like 2-3 seconds while the effect lasts for 7-9. It may be gone before that if you're lucky, but there is no problem since it's quite hard that it will be gone in 1 or 2 secs. Even if it manages to be removed early, if you have a bow, i wont be able to run far enough. This will ends up with you being stun locked and unable to run away (since you wont have bsoe probably).
It's like if you get into a fight in real life, 3 vs 1, 2 holds you while 1 is smashing ur face. How did this happen? They got closer and asked you for a cigarette, then for no reason they pwnd you hard and steal ur pocket. Then would you go like "it's ur fault 'cause you didn't see them coming. You was suppose to run away and scream as loud as you could. What? They were holding you? Well then it's still ur fault! Why didn't you break free?!" 
This is pretty much the same logic. Do i have to play and have the fuking paranoia that every player who can stun me will try and steal my loot? You just can't decide when the stun will fail or how much will it last. 
The let's make it that you can't use skills with secondary effects (stun, para, bleed etc) on players who are not flagged or not in war. This way you can't stunlock me 'till i hit you back. But i'm still dropping items if i die to mobs and you can still train me. 

38 minutes ago, xHaseo said:

Beside that...how could you play since C1 if NA servers went live with C3? Are you guys done saying bs about "i play since C1"...no you don't.

I have heard some idiot shit in my days, but you sir, just went full retard. Never go full retard.

9 minutes ago, yum said:

I played every classic released, I know how the gameplay mechanics and skills are different I played korean classic opening, russian classic opening, europe classic opening, and going to play NA classic opening. I played Lineage 2 since C2, and as people are saying "NA only released since C3.." that's not true... look up old archives of the website and you can see..

https://web.archive.org/web/20041213000322/http://lineage2.com:80/

and yes, you can protect yourself. You hold your right-mouse and look around you. If you see a dwarf hiding behind a tree maybe you shouldn't attack a monster you know you can't quickly kill and be prepared for pvp? I know that is a lot to expect you to do, but trust me it works..I told you another way to defend yourself is to group or use clan, I didn't say that is the only way. I already described how to protect yourself as a solo player, by BEING RESPONSIBLE AND LOOKING AROUND:x

Considering what community's opinion the refugees still left over after the the objective and utter failure of everything post interlude? The carebears playing GoD? I'm pretty sure they didn't actually poll the "classic community" they are developing and advertising a game to/for... it's okay though guys. It's not a big deal. People can voice their opinions and talk about stuff A LOT and it can still not be a big deal..

Don't phrase it like this, phrase it like "I cannot be expected to defend myself or pay attention to the game I'm staring at and playing therefore I need the developers to permanently affect the way the game has always been played so that I will not be expected to look after my own items and play responsibly"

Badass replies bro. Thanks.

2 minutes ago, Doug said:

I have heard some idiot shit in my days, but you sir, just went full retard. Never go full retard.

Yeah it's like now. Not sure about the patch notes yet but i'm quite sure some people will go like "I was playing in NA classic since 1.5"...are you aware that this is going to be a downgraded 3.0, right? I started on NA back on C4, reason why i'm not 100% sure about it. Since then i heard lots of players going like "i play since C1" and others being like "there was not a C1 on NA, it went live in C3". So i just gave a look at the old archives and the dates was all messed up.
And actually the site someone linked : https://web.archive.org/web/20041204154157/http://www.lineage2.com:80/news/news.html  it's quite weird. Sadly the original legacy site is not working :|

22 minutes ago, xHaseo said:

21 minutes ago, vsD said:

there was C1 but no prelude for NA

You are both wrong, sorry.  Don't talk about things you weren't there for.

NA servers had open beta during April 2004. (Closed beta started in March? *I don't know, I wasn't there*) 

The full retail launch with Bartz (live), Sieghardt, Kain , Lionna , Erica, Gustin, Hindemith happened at the end of April 2004 and was in PRELUDE.  My toon creation date is May 1, 2004.  Draecke another old guy's is either April or even end of March 2004, for another example.

I have stuff in my WH still from before C1 in fact (first quest reward sword, for nostalgia :P).  When C1 was released we got the Chrono Cithara 1-h weapon, to use in the first squash opening type event.  Etc, etc etc....  

Again, just don't talk about stuff that you did not personally experience and you *think* is right. Stick to what you KNOW from experience is right, please. 

4 minutes ago, OrcOfTheNorth said:

You are both wrong, sorry.  Don't talk about things you weren't there for.

NA servers had open beta during April 2004. (Closed beta started in March? *I don't know, I wasn't there*) 

The full retail launch with Bartz (live), Sieghardt, Kain , Lionna , Erica, Gustin, Hindemith happened at the end of April 2004 and was in PRELUDE.  My toon creation date is May 1, 2004.  Draecke another old guy's is either April or even end of March 2004, for another example.

I have stuff in my WH still from before C1 in fact (first quest reward sword, for nostalgia :P).  When C1 was released we got the Chrono Cithara 1-h weapon, to use in the first squash opening type event.  Etc, etc etc....  

Again, just don't talk about stuff that you did not personally experience and you *think* is right. Stick to what you KNOW from experience is right, please. 

I never had a real clue about this, but if you say so. It was weird but not impossible to have NA servers starting with a sort-of C3 and not with prelude/c1. And since a lot of players were saying there was no C3 and also the dates were quite right (as you said May 2004, while KR servers went live in Oct 2003)...well it makes sense. Thanks for the enlight. 
And if Draecke is the white elf guy i remember, say hello to him by me :D Wonder if he still remembers me :P 

17 minutes ago, yum said:

btw I am a solo player too, so I'm already in the mentality. So the scenario is some dude, is coming up to be acting friendly? first off all I'm a solo player and if i'm outside town gates I'm already 'in the zone' I don't going to have time for some random 'acting friendly' that is already pissing me off, it's not 'going to trick me into letting him get close and friendly and stun me' I would have already told him to gtfo away from me IF I even reply, I'd probably be ignoring them. I told you too, it is your responsibility to attack monsters and hunt in a style that you can you can deal with being stunned (if you weren't paying attention enough to even be stunned in the first place) to be able to finish off monsters you aggro. If you're a noob aggroing more than you can handle, and getting stunned, and unable to run away from stun and pick off monsters at the same time, I mean wtf, how noob are you? I've had this happen to me DOZENS of time playing RU/EU classic, sometimes I survive, sometimes I don't, I never cry about it though.

look man we can talk about as many scenarios and situations as we want, for me it's only one thing "I'm too carebear to deal with all this competition and hassle, pls remove it GM" and whatever, it happened, just stop acting like it was some nightmare that was justified in being removed, it was just a decision to appease carebears, which again, became the overwhelming majority of people playing post interlude and especially post GoD. Poll an actual classic community like how old school runescape does to make changes/edits/additions to gameplay and see what happens. I'm talking about the classic players, the people being advertised too and enticed to play on the server called Lineage 2 CLASSIC not Lineage 2 GoD carebear appeasing frankenstien mode. But it is OK I keep saying because it IS what IT is. I just wish as a dream they would have Lineage 2 old school runescape style poll that says if 75%+ of VIP3/VIP4 people voting for item drop on white, if 75% of VIP3+ voted yes, then change it ;)  

Sadly this is a mixture of patches. It will also brings exclusive features to the game. For example Gladis will learn new and modified skills. SA system is changed (runes) and also the elemental system is modified (spirits for 76+ players). So i'm sorry to wake you up : we're not going back to prelude/C1, we're gonna play a new "version" of L2. 
About that last part : So you'd go like "ok let's see what the players who spent a lot into the game thinks and let's make the game how they want it to be" "but what about all the others? those who spent but are not vip 3+ tier?" "who fuking cares about them?! if you want ur opinion to matter, pay more!"
K. Nice logic. Just to be sure : which server are you going and what will your nick be? Just wondering.

12 minutes ago, xHaseo said:

Yeah it's like now. Not sure about the patch notes yet but i'm quite sure some people will go like "I was playing in NA classic since 1.5"...are you aware that this is going to be a downgraded 3.0, right? I started on NA back on C4, reason why i'm not 100% sure about it. Since then i heard lots of players going like "i play since C1" and others being like "there was not a C1 on NA, it went live in C3". So i just gave a look at the old archives and the dates was all messed up.
And actually the site someone linked : https://web.archive.org/web/20041204154157/http://www.lineage2.com:80/news/news.html  it's quite weird. Sadly the original legacy site is not working :|

I'm aware of what Lineage was and what Lineage Classic is. Also, I know we are receiving the 3.0 downgraded, Juji make that really clear on the stream when some 3.0 areas appeared on the map.

And Lineage NA started on Prelude, with the Closed Beta. I was there playing.

26 minutes ago, yum said:

btw I am a solo player too, so I'm already in the mentality. So the scenario is some dude, is coming up to be acting friendly? first off all I'm a solo player and if i'm outside town gates I'm already 'in the zone' I don't going to have time for some random 'acting friendly' that is already pissing me off, it's not 'going to trick me into letting him get close and friendly and stun me' I would have already told him to gtfo away from me IF I even reply, I'd probably be ignoring them. I told you too, it is your responsibility to attack monsters and hunt in a style that you can you can deal with being stunned (if you weren't paying attention enough to even be stunned in the first place) to be able to finish off monsters you aggro. If you're a noob aggroing more than you can handle, and getting stunned, and unable to run away from stun and pick off monsters at the same time, I mean wtf, how noob are you? I've had this happen to me DOZENS of time playing RU/EU classic, sometimes I survive, sometimes I don't, I never cry about it though.

look man we can talk about as many scenarios and situations as we want, for me it's only one thing "I'm too carebear to deal with all this competition and hassle, pls remove it GM" and whatever, it happened, just stop acting like it was some nightmare that was justified in being removed, it was just a decision to appease carebears, which again, became the overwhelming majority of people playing post interlude and especially post GoD. Poll an actual classic community like how old school runescape does to make changes/edits/additions to gameplay and see what happens. I'm talking about the classic players, the people being advertised too and enticed to play on the server called Lineage 2 CLASSIC not Lineage 2 GoD carebear appeasing frankenstien mode. But it is OK I keep saying because it IS what IT is. I just wish as a dream they would have Lineage 2 old school runescape style poll that says if 75%+ of VIP3/VIP4 people voting for item drop on white, if 75% of VIP3+ voted yes, then change it ;)  

You must be a very fun person to play with, tell me your IG nick so that I can avoid you O_O

2 hours ago, xHaseo said:

@xHaseo I most certainly played open beta, prelude, and a few days of c1 (Bartz), quit, then came back in c3 (Hindemith).

Archived