SUGGESTION: Remove the queue temporarily

Scarce

Since the problem with the queue has not been fixed, I suggest, as a temporary solution, that the queue be removed. Since the respawn time of low-level mobs has been reduced, there won't be a problem of over-population in these areas. Moreover, I believe the server can handle ~400 more players.

As an alternative if the queue cannot removed, at the very least the server capacity should slightly be increased temporarily. What do the developers think?

Do you realize server hardware has real limitations right?

The queue is not there just for fun.

I am sure it's the Korean Dev team's top priority, though.  As much as I think it is irrelevant because the game should be pay to play anyways.

2 minutes ago, FatHips said:

I am sure it's the Korean Dev team's top priority, though.  As much as I think it is irrelevant because the game should be pay to play anyways.

I am pretty sure the hardware can handle a few more players in order to reduce the traffic.

6 minutes ago, Scarce said:

I am pretty sure the hardware can handle a few more players in order to reduce the traffic.

You literally have no idea what you are talking about.  You know what happens when too many people log a server? LAG, like horrific lag, that will make it unable to play for anyone.

Ever looked into the cost of upgrading a server and upgrading the volume of scrubbed network traffic for a business?  5 digits, easy. They could forgoe the scrubbing, but then any pissed off player could easily DOS it down.  Not to mention, NCWest might not even have IT staff on hand able to do a physical upgrade, it's also likely that the servers are not physically located near them. Do yourself a favor and take a look, estimate the income NC gets from L2 and think about it a bit.

Free players are literally leeches off the server, so upgrading hardware due to a large hoard of non-VIP players makes very little sense.

If you want them to upgrade the servers, pay for VIP, if enough people do it, they will.  That's simple math.

3 minutes ago, Scarce said:

And this is why this should be done temporarily

you are assuming something that makes no business sense

If for some miracle in the business world, that NC was artificially limiting their potential income as a company, and operating under limits even though they know there is a large customer base that cannot get into their product and potentially spend more money.  In this fantasy world of yours, then, yes, absolutely raise the limit.

But it is highly improbable that that is reality.  Though not impossible.

Also, why would they degrade the experience of their paying customers (VIP) by increasing their latency to allow more non-paying customers access beyond their hardware specifications? It makes no sense at all which is why they likely won't do it.

1 hour ago, oOcola said:

Servers are dusty from 2004 and can't handle the masses over 6k!

buy VIP , more money for more developmental time

L2 Classic probably has a "budget" of time from NCKorea as NCKorea has many products, L2 NA which is one of the smallest, the only way to increase that budget is to bring in more revenue, this is how things work in real life.

1 hour ago, FatHips said:

The queue is here to be STUCK IN THE ASS OF NON PAYING PEOPLE. That's the truth. 

2 minutes ago, Rumpert89 said:

Lol I bought NCoins but can't even log in to spend 'em and become vip QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ

That's really the most poor implementation of the system, that really really sucks.  And that's why it should be their top priority, followed by account block issues.  As much as I want the rate issue to be top priority, those other two take priorities as they are direct threats to the business, rates are a significant, but secondary issue.

Honestly if it was not for that, they probably would not bother "fixing" it at all.  Demand would drop and the problem would disappear.  Free players should thank you.

20 minutes ago, ViciousL2 said:

The real solution is to limit boxing while they fix the disconnection bug. 

Again, doing that would take the same time (from the same people) and have a much greater (negative) effect than actually fixing the problem.

9 minutes ago, FatHips said:

Again, doing that would take the same time (from the same people) and have a much greater (negative) effect than actually fixing the problem.

That's where you are wrong. Less boxes means less connections, leading to more free space for players instead of bots or shops or pet buffers.

Queues are relatively constant, so is max capacity. 

Archived