ELVEN WIZARD

DannyV

Hello guys, i have question about weapon choice for wizards, what is the main difference between staff and mystic sword ? what is best choice for PvE mainly ? 

If i understand, that the only difference is spread dmg between staff and sword right ? or is there something more?

~~~thanks~~~

13 hours ago, Hyperlite said:

if you think a mage holding a shield is going to block enough arrows to make the loss in matk worth it you are high.

staff is the way to go.

The loss of m.atk? You are funny! There is like 15 m.atk difference on A grade sword vs staff, a lot less in lower grades, the loss is almost non-existant for those levels :D

14 hours ago, Caupo said:

The loss of m.atk? You are funny! There is like 15 m.atk difference on A grade sword vs staff, a lot less in lower grades, the loss is almost non-existant for those levels :D

if that were true people would never upgrade their weapons or enchant a weapon. 15 matk is alot with how it is calculated into things like emp 3, zerk, etc.

learn how the game mechanics work , and how weapon matk rating affects your overall matk with buffs.

edit: you also completely ignored the fact that a mage wont successfully block attacks at any useful rate.

9 hours ago, Hyperlite said:

if that were true people would never upgrade their weapons or enchant a weapon. 15 matk is alot with how it is calculated into things like emp 3, zerk, etc.

learn how the game mechanics work , and how weapon matk rating affects your overall matk with buffs.

edit: you also completely ignored the fact that a mage wont successfully block attacks at any useful rate.

You have definitely never played this game on official servers from c1-Kamael before, but I excuse you your ignorance.

On 10/24/2018 at 1:01 AM, Caupo said:

You have definitely never played this game on official servers from c1-Kamael before, but I excuse you your ignorance.

yep, havent played a nuker since prelude or anything. if you dont recognize my name in the slightest, you havent played since c1.

its interesting, twice now you have failed to provide any type of counter to my comment about shield success rate on a mage, and resort to insults because you can't back up your claim that shield is the way to go. that usually means you don't know what you are talking about.

have a nice day my angry shield using mage friend.

:D I never once insulted you, you are a really strange man! Anyways, I do not care about shield/staff situation at all, since I do not play mages. But if you would have played, as you state above, from times of Prelude, you would know that 85% of mage population were using DC robes set with shield + SoM acumen for PvP until like Interlude update, just sayin'

• 3 weeks later...
On 25/10/2018 at 5:16 PM, Hyperlite said:

yep, havent played a nuker since prelude or anything. if you dont recognize my name in the slightest, you havent played since c1.

its interesting, twice now you have failed to provide any type of counter to my comment about shield success rate on a mage, and resort to insults because you can't back up your claim that shield is the way to go. that usually means you don't know what you are talking about.

have a nice day my angry shield using mage friend.

Shield success rate on mages (and every1 that havent mastery) is 20%

That is a lot. For pvp always compensate to use a shield. 15 more on m.atk means nothing if u are stunned or paralysez, but blocking 1/5 attacks may save ur life.

GG with the staff on pvp.

On 10/22/2018 at 6:13 PM, Hyperlite said:

if you think a mage holding a shield is going to block enough arrows to make the loss in matk worth it you are high.

If I remember correctly, shield block rate against arrows was 3 times higher than against melee attacks. Front-facing with top EE buffs, it was close to 100%.

Or did they change it in Classic?

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/16/2018 at 1:09 AM, Pelukas said:

Shield success rate on mages (and every1 that havent mastery) is 20%

That is a lot. For pvp always compensate to use a shield. 15 more on m.atk means nothing if u are stunned or paralysez, but blocking 1/5 attacks may save ur life.

GG with the staff on pvp.

if you are talking about olympiad where all damage is taken from the front, then sure, you have a point on the 20%.

However, you completely ignore the other 270 degrees around your character that people can attack you from. a mage isnt blocking 360 around them.

You talk about stun or paralyze and compare it to the loss in matk. what is a shield doing for you if you are stunned or paralyzed and a dagger is on your back? or an archer is shooting you form any other direction than in a 1v1 front facing battle?

in the end, keep doing what you prefer. But there hasnt been any good test conducted by @juji or the 4game peeps that takes direction into the equation for testing. the 4game test was purely front facing attacks only. olympiad, cool, 9v9, worthless.

13 hours ago, Hyperlite said:

if you are talking about olympiad where all damage is taken from the front, then sure, you have a point on the 20%.

However, you completely ignore the other 270 degrees around your character that people can attack you from. a mage isnt blocking 360 around them.

You talk about stun or paralyze and compare it to the loss in matk. what is a shield doing for you if you are stunned or paralyzed and a dagger is on your back? or an archer is shooting you form any other direction than in a 1v1 front facing battle?

in the end, keep doing what you prefer. But there hasnt been any good test conducted by @juji or the 4game peeps that takes direction into the equation for testing. the 4game test was purely front facing attacks only. olympiad, cool, 9v9, worthless.

You focus too much on the direction of the damage. If a mage is sneakily hit by an archer or a dagger from behind, then he is pretty much dead. There is no point discussing shields vs 2hand weapons in that situation. But when we are talking about situations where mages can have a chance to win (mage and archer facing each other), then it's worth considering having a shield. Though, if you ask me, I don't recommend the shield, because the game is 99% PVE...

17 hours ago, Tzeo said:

You focus too much on the direction of the damage. If a mage is sneakily hit by an archer or a dagger from behind, then he is pretty much dead. There is no point discussing shields vs 2hand weapons in that situation. But when we are talking about situations where mages can have a chance to win (mage and archer facing each other), then it's worth considering having a shield. Though, if you ask me, I don't recommend the shield, because the game is 99% PVE...

You have to look at the directional aspect of the shield success rate. not everything is small scale pvp, especially pvp's that matter aside from olympiad (already said shield has value there bc everything is front facing pretty much). any party vs party pvp things get spread out, turn that into 2 or 3 parties fighting each other like most top clans do at raids and sieges, you're getting hit from every direction constantly.

Archived