warrior guide on classic?

Sediyon

im currently lvl 20. basic no grade gear. 40k adena. trying to do my 1st class transfer quest right now.

from what i gathered so far im supposed to go to spiders after this till 25 then do something called a moon quest for d grade gear and then grind aoe parties using a pole until like level 35 where i can solo aligator island quests? does this seem right?

do i keep my current ng 17 p att weapon till lvl 25? or at what point do i buy a d grade weapon? what do i buy? (aiming to be a glad, do i even consider buying dual weapons or just go for pole only? do i buy soulshots for my current no grade wep if i run out of my 1.5k i got from TI quests or is there a way to get more or do i just wait and buy d grade soulshots?

i feel clueless lol havent done this in like 10 years and even back then it wasnt this hard cause it wasnt the start of the game so everything was more available already from what i remember lol

@Sediyon The main reasons you do the sweetest venom quest until level 25 are:

They should get you to top No Grade weapon after you have completed all 50 quest repeats within that week. The Moon Knight armor you get is essentially top D grade, so you will stick with it for a very long time until you can afford C grade gear.

You buy your D grade weapon as soon as it is available to you. The cost of D soulshots is marginally more expensive than No Grades.

DO NOT spam your SS if you think you will not be making a profit out of the enemies you kill. If you can, try using your soulshot on your skills only (until your usage of soulshots on every attack becomes sustainable).

For laziness' sake, you can create a macro for your skill and activate the soulshot there, followed by a skill.

Get the spidy done, u will have enough money to buy short spear or even the top NG spear i just forgot da name

After spidy u can just jump to abandoned camp for chasing level to 25. Dont rush for D low weapon as u can still maintain ur damage with top NG spear + SS till 30. After reach 30 u can just aim for glaive or whatever mid/top grade D spear u can afford

for the spider quest, etting 10 is really fast (although its cancer for warriors considering how crowded it is with mages lol) and going back with soe seems like a waste of money and time? is there a way to do this or is that just how it is?

i thought about that too but those 5 minutes are more than it would take to go back to town and halfway done the next quest lol  i dont have another account to switch to yet during the unstuck. i guess i should look into what box to get for my gladiator so i can switch them off doing this quest

21 minutes ago, Sediyon said:

i thought about that too but those 5 minutes are more than it would take to go back to town and halfway done the next quest lol  i dont have another account to switch to yet during the unstuck. i guess i should look into what box to get for my gladiator so i can switch them off doing this quest

I box a Cleric (To be Prophet) with my warrior (25) to be Gladiator also.

The advice as shown above is great, and you should level using a pole as to be frank everything else is inefficient, as I found out trying to level myself.

Personally I made money, bought top NG Pole, then moved onto Mid D Grade Pole as the soulshots cost the pretty much the same.

Dualswords aren't something you'll want until you've became a gladiator and they are mostly great in PvP situations but a 2h blunt is probably better whilst leveling for the Stun and the survive ability and DPS it gives you

2 minutes ago, ItsFergLad said:

I box a Cleric (To be Prophet) with my warrior (25) to be Gladiator also.

The advice as shown above is great, and you should level using a pole as to be frank everything else is inefficient, as I found out trying to level myself.

Personally I made money, bought top NG Pole, then moved onto Mid D Grade Pole as the soulshots cost the pretty much the same.

Dualswords aren't something you'll want until you've became a gladiator and they are mostly great in PvP situations but a 2h blunt is probably better whilst leveling for the Stun and the survive ability it  gives you

@ItsFergLad yep i was looking at and prophet seems the way to go for now although i remember needing vr a lot back in the days...  but i think that was solo poling in catacombs lol which i doubt ill be doing here xD  thanks for the advice on the weapons. ill start my prophet and get it to 20 today and get my ng pole today or tomorrow :)

1 minute ago, Sediyon said:

@ItsFergLad yep i was looking at and prophet seems the way to go for now although i remember needing vr a lot back in the days...  but i think that was solo poling in catacombs lol which i doubt ill be doing here xD  thanks for the advice on the weapons. ill start my prophet and get it to 20 today and get my ng pole today or tomorrow :)

Np (: Gotta help the Gladiators out, there's only a few of us xD For single target DPS a 2h blunt is absolutely insane and once you hit 40+ AoEing will be extremely challenging with Moon Armour especially on 2-5x HP Mobs

@ItsFergLad one more question, prophet will fix my mana issues?  i can kill about 5 mobs before i gotta sit down for a while to get mana back due to using power strike.  if i dont use it, i wont get last hits obviously due to mages ksing lol idk if im doing it wrong or this is just a warrior issue lol

Just now, Sediyon said:

@ItsFergLad one more question, prophet will fix my mana issues?  i can kill about 5 mobs before i gotta sit down for a while to get mana back due to using power strike.  if i dont use it, i wont get last hits obviously due to mages ksing lol idk if im doing it wrong or this is just a warrior issue lol

Prophet won't help with your mana issues sadly, but once you have a pole you mostly auto attack and try to overhit with wild sweep. 

Wednesday, during server restart.

Spiders also have good item drops. Got lots of boots and gloves, Sword of Reflection, and - from Arachnid Trackers - two times Cestus. Trackers aren't easy mobs, though, especially for warriors.

4 hours ago, Krissa said:

Wednesday, during server restart.

Spiders also have good item drops. Got lots of boots and gloves, Sword of Reflection, and - from Arachnid Trackers - two times Cestus. Trackers aren't easy mobs, though, especially for warriors.

well this is a lot harder than i expected lmao the only way i can get a last hit in from all the mages there is when i spam my only 2 skills but this allows me to kill about 5-10 mobs before im out of mana and forces me to sit down for up to 10 minutes to regain mana lol  being able to kill 10 mobs every 10 minutes (and sometimes not getting a single quest item from those 10 cuz even if u last hit its not a guaranteed quest item drop) is absolute mind numbing lol   

my box healer is almost at 20 so maybe ill be able to last longer without skills then.. but solo its a nightmare there as melee xD

18 hours ago, ItsFergLad said:

Np (: Gotta help the Gladiators out, there's only a few of us xD For single target DPS a 2h blunt is absolutely insane and once you hit 40+ AoEing will be extremely challenging with Moon Armour especially on 2-5x HP Mobs

Gladiators are viable in aoe group XP for overhits with sonic buster at Lv42.  Good luck grinding until you get there.

On 21/10/2018 at 2:02 PM, ItsFergLad said:

Haha, good luck!

me again lol so im lvl 22 and got 22 cleric.  got about 350k from spider quest.  whats the top ng pole i should go for? is it great spear cuz it goes for 220k on aden server.   im not sure what to spend my money on xD should i get that and also get top ng staff for my box cleric or is that a waste and i should get a pole and a blunt for the stun/pvp?

also what aoe groups am i looking for as a warrior if i wanna go exp? i dont remember any of the abbreviations lol and most grps seem for mages ._.

Save your $$ on your box, it's marginal the difference in heals, and there's no difference in casting rate as long as you're using a mage weapon.  Use a fighter weapon and you'll be waiting for casting.  Just like on live, gear your main, then worry about your healer/box.    You <could> stay in devotion set for the casting speed if you want, Moon is better defense and mana, but 10% slower cast.  Why you used to see a lot of B graders running around in Karmian and a Homu/acumen till way up into A grade.  Better main gear=more dps/less shot use if you spam/less damage taken.  Get better jewels for debuffs/root/sleep/etc.

As for groups, you want AOE pole groups.  Most mage (nuker) groups will just take on a tank to aggro and train mobs and then AOE them into oblivion.  Pole groups need to be a LOT tighter and find corners to cone all the mobs into (can do more once you get a pole with wide blow or long blow SA on it).  You could just get a cheap blunt for stuns to save on money.

Top NG is Great Spear.  Top D is Glaive, but winged is a lot cheaper, and top D is craft only at this point.

Catacombs aren't open in this Chronicle.  They were 4x hp mobs in there.

Oracles/Elders are the only healing classes with Mana regen spells.  PP are great all around buffers, great for melee since they get Berzerk and Haste, but no Vamp Rage, stuck with your crap cleric, etc.

Archived