Updated Spoil tests IM DONE

So i did test some areas and here are the results (i am Vip 2 so add +20% chance):

500 Nos with party at aligator island, spoiled 6-7 sage rags fragments (l2wiki chance 7.706% — 9.428%) (I got one in 5 days with my buffer in party). 0 Scythe Edges (1.895% — 2.317%).

100 excuro at cruma tower with party spoiled 0 Recipe: karmian gloves (l2wiki chance 40.37% — 44.55%).

40-50 Undin Rowin at forgotten temple spoiled 0 recipe: Elven Mithril Gloves (l2wiki chance 23.11% — 28.47%).

15 Death fires at forgotten temple spoiled 0 dwarven trident edges (l2 wiki chance 32.30% — 39.20% * This mob spawns rarely at random locations, you may be lucky if find one per 1h if lots of people farming in FT).

900-1000 mobs in total in Forgotten temple (red area) rooms spoiled maybe 70% of them = 4 mace of judgment heads (patin archers) + 10-11 orichalcum and nothing from others. 0 drop, 0 spoils. I spent 3 days in that place.

40-50 Lord of the Plains in plains of the lizardmen got 0 brigantine Tempers (l2wiki chance 8.788% — 10.752%) But maybe that was just bad luck.

95% of mobs give only 1 material on spoil like Noble Ant Captain that gives 1 thread every time (l2wiki says: 1-13 thread).

Some mobs give 1-3 but its rare.

Top d / C grade recipes and parts drop/spoil chance is very low. The only items that you can spoil recs/parts for are the ones you can buy at shop.

With one exception

Most important !!!!

I killed 800+ breka orc warriors (!!!!!!!), made trains of 6-8 and mass spoiled them. I got 0 recipe: Winged Spear (l2wiki chance 0,5-1%).

I spent at least 6 hours there, you must run from one mob to the other and distance is big

Didnt realise how many i killed until i saw that i got around 15-17+% at lvl 38 .. Each mob gave me 1,600-1650 xp ....

Now i have a terrible headache and i feel sick, this is an addictive game and drop rate feels like gamble and with those rates you can spend hours and hours without realising it. Little kids play too, they dont have self control, they can damage their health. This is humiliating. No more tests. Im done

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Regarding the breka orcs, I played there for about 2 hours, single target, no aoe, and picked up 2 of those winged spear recipes. Maybe bad luck in that case. Decent leather and durable braid in that area too. The bugbear warriors close by spoil varnish at near 100%.

Vip1 

This is why and my friends left this server. It is ok to farm some things in L2, but this is most, the f**** most hardcore server I have ever seen and played. As you said, it takes billions of hours to spoil the recipe/mats u need. After those days trying to get what we needed, we ended exausted and unhappy because we didnt get almost anything. We exhausted, we tired, we are unhappy. Question - why the **** I should stay on this server? 

p.s. before u say - why u are on forum and checking topics?

I just watched movie - Good will Hunting, started to think about my life, u know, about everything, decided to check forum, the forum of l2, the game, which took my 5 years of my life...

I would also like to agree with Bojangals on spoils.. Maybe your having bad luck.

1. L2wiki's rates are not our rates this was for L2 Euro release I believe.

2. I've farmed Breka's for about 6 hours and picked up 7 of those Winged Spear Recipes.

3. For the bugbear warriors my rate wasn't as good I was about 85-90% varnish drop rate.

54 minutes ago, Shakedown said:

I honestly find all of your posts incredibly hard to believe, my results are always significantly different.

Well I started playing in 2003 and a dwarf was one of my main characters. I still have graphs from then on percentages of spoiling and how rates are affected based on what the npcs can spoil. The rates are not much different now to what they were then. perhaps 5-10% change and that's being generous.

Regarding the breka orcs, I played there for about 2 hours, single target, no aoe, and picked up 2 of those winged spear recipes. Maybe bad luck in that case. Decent leather and durable braid in that area too. The bugbear warriors close by spoil varnish at near 100%

I spoiled max 40-50 leather

1 minute ago, Mooks said:

Well I started playing in 2003 and a dwarf was one of my main characters. I still have graphs from then on percentages of spoiling and how rates are affected based on what the npcs can spoil. The rates are not much different now to what they were then. perhaps 5-10% change and that's being generous.

With current rates. Will take a month at least to get armor c. At least 4 months to get weapon c. Years to get b. And thats only if you play 10 hours + per day

1 minute ago, Spoiler123654 said:

With current rates. Will take a month at least to get armor c. At least 4 months to get weapon c. Years to get b. And thats only if you play 10 hours + per day

Perhaps your fighting monsters well beyond your level or perhaps you are well beyond their level. Maybe you haven't leveled up your spoiling skill and lastly did you by chance go Artisan instead of Scavenger?

Perhaps your fighting monsters well beyond your level or perhaps you are well beyond their level. Maybe you haven't leveled up your spoiling skill and lastly did you by chance go Artisan instead of Scavenger?

Lol i started play l2 at c2..... I know everything about this game

I main'ed a BH in Prelude-C2.  I remember the rates.  I never had to buy mats to craft (outside key mats) that is not close to the situation now.  The rates are scuffed, let us hope this patch fixes them.  I really really enjoy this game, but I am afraid if this patch fails many of my friends are going to quit playing.

Just thought, maybe when you done your mass spoil it never activated. from 2004-2008 i used a spoiler with no shots and had to spoil the mob sometimes 3x to get it activated. We do need a more accurate database for spoil rates, i do not believe those rates on l2wiki.

16 minutes ago, Mooks said:

I wasn't arguing with you lol 

-xero

Archived