Spider Quest Nerf - What to do 18-24 now?

ChimpWithACane

Hello,

I have three characters on the Giran server (21 Cleric, 18 Wiz, and 21 S Oracle), and I had been using the spider quest ("Sweetest Venom") as my primary source of income between the three characters on rotation.

With the reward being nerfed from 3,200 to 1,000, there's now a huge gap in potential income, especially with the eventual need of D grade gear in the near future.

Now that this quest has been nerfed to oblivion, are there any alternatives to earn income that could work for this level range?

I'm at a loss as to what to do now, and any tips from veteran classic players would be greatly appreciated.

Ugh well basing your income on a broken quest wasn't ideal.

I'd level up and farm Ol Mahums at Abandoned Camp - the drop is solid and can make you a lot of adena.

Go to Orc Barracks after you graduate there.

Orc Barracks -> Ant Nest -> Cruma Tower 3 -> Cruma Tower 2

4 hours ago, Bastor said:

Ugh well basing your income on a broken quest wasn't ideal.

I'd level up and farm Ol Mahums at Abandoned Camp - the drop is solid and can make you a lot of adena.

Go to Orc Barracks after you graduate there.

Orc Barracks -> Ant Nest -> Cruma Tower 3 -> Cruma Tower 2

" Give a man a fish and you will feed him for a day, dont teach a man to fish and you feed yourself. He is a grown man, fishing is not that hard." - Ron Swanson

12 hours ago, ChimpWithACane said:

Hello,

I have three characters on the Giran server (21 Cleric, 18 Wiz, and 21 S Oracle), and I had been using the spider quest ("Sweetest Venom") as my primary source of income between the three characters on rotation.

With the reward being nerfed from 3,200 to 1,000, there's now a huge gap in potential income, especially with the eventual need of D grade gear in the near future.

Now that this quest has been nerfed to oblivion, are there any alternatives to earn income that could work for this level range?

I'm at a loss as to what to do now, and any tips from veteran classic players would be greatly appreciated.

It wasn't a nerf but a fix. It was never intended to gain 3.2k Adena for this "broken" repeatable quest. Even text of NPC declared just 1k Adena.

Well, the best choice for you is to go AC, and you can easily just go solo there without a party. There are a few good spots there for a solo player with a few buffers. 

And don't be mistaken, while the XP is great there, you can easily farm around 50-70k adena in an hour of nonstop farming there. (with vip1 yes)

Edited: 

And later on you can move everywhere where you see the party matching for your level is. 

On 11/7/2018 at 7:46 PM, ChimpWithACane said:

Hello,

Use the market, you wont make nearly enough adena for good D weps just by grinding, resell items, mats, soulshots whatever is needed in the market now, by lvl 28 i made mid D wep, full elven D Juwelry set, and nearly 800k adena just by reselling items while afk

Archived