why not put the trade by auction house system?

offline stores pollute the city, cause lag, occupy server slots because they need to stay all day online to try to sell something, and nothing sells, because the server trade is bad. There are people who can not leave the computer connected 12h or 24h to sell items with stores, the system of auction house is a modernization that is excellent and has improved the trade within the game 100%, since the items always have a fair price, we can compare the best price for sale and purchase. is an extreme facility. It does not make sense to have more than 1000 characters (AFK, offline, away) taking up server space and polluting cities that we can not even walk in from so many shops. And the stores never sell anything, the trade is very bad, I have many items to sell and I can not sell anything.

Actually, the AH facilitates the economy.  What it destroys is the ability to easily rip off newbies and other ignorant players.  For one thing, it would eliminate all those people offering to buy materials for less than the NPCs in stores pay.  That's a good thing.

5 hours ago, Lawman said:

Actually, the AH facilitates the economy.  What it destroys is the ability to easily rip off newbies and other ignorant players.  For one thing, it would eliminate all those people offering to buy materials for less than the NPCs in stores pay.  That's a good thing.

it would also help eliminate the idiots who are trying to scam selling stems for various bow shafts.  two people in giran on talking island server last night were selling stems for 175k each that they had advertised as eminence bow shafts.  sadly, some people fell for it and ended up with a pocket full of stems with a value of less than few thousand adena.  scams cannot be perpetrated through the auction house.

17 hours ago, PleaseStopBots said:

offline stores pollute the city, cause lag, occupy server slots because they need to stay all day online to try to sell something, and nothing sells, because the server trade is bad. There are people who can not leave the computer connected 12h or 24h to sell items with stores, the system of auction house is a modernization that is excellent and has improved the trade within the game 100%, since the items always have a fair price, we can compare the best price for sale and purchase. is an extreme facility. It does not make sense to have more than 1000 characters (AFK, offline, away) taking up server space and polluting cities that we can not even walk in from so many shops. And the stores never sell anything, the trade is very bad, I have many items to sell and I can not sell anything.

Because of the open world. What you suggest is just an instanced trade. Why not instanced PvP or instanced raid bosses? And you will get a copy of WoW, another one. There is a simple solution - offline shops. The illegal servers do it, because they need space for active players to vote for them. The official servers do not use it, because all these AFK shops, fake the statistics for the players activity. You know - when the NCSoft manager asks - and how many players we had this quarter, they show him good fat numbers.

8 hours ago, Itchy said:

it would also help eliminate the idiots who are trying to scam selling stems for various bow shafts.  two people in giran on talking island server last night were selling stems for 175k each that they had advertised as eminence bow shafts.  sadly, some people fell for it and ended up with a pocket full of stems with a value of less than few thousand adena.  scams cannot be perpetrated through the auction house.

Free open market, there are risks, and profits. That makes the gameplay better.

5 hours ago, Ikcen said:

The official servers do not use it, because all these AFK shops, fake the statistics for the players activity. You know - when the NCSoft manager asks - and how many players we had this quarter, they show him good fat numbers.

Do you truly believe that executives at NCSoft are unaware that players need to log in for a sell shop?

This online shop is part of the L2 Classic "nostalgia" - that's all. It's not a conspiracy theory to rip of newbs. NC Soft doesn't advertise their server population to draw in additional players like illegal servers do.

These shops are this way because it is what we remember doing 14 years ago.

2 hours ago, TDG said:

I enjoy the virtual high street shopping experience, auction house is like shopping on google having them filter by cheapest price, how very... pedestrian.

True, but how very effective and honest.  Why do you think Amazon and eBay are so popular?

9 hours ago, Ikcen said:

Free open market, there are risks, and profits. That makes the gameplay better.

Tell that to the players who get scammed.  Even in an open market, the buyer has recourse if the seller misrepresents its product.  In the game, there is no recourse.  An auction house is no less a free open market, by the way.  It's just one that makes misrepresentation impossible and comparison shopping easier.  Other than scammers, I can't imagine who would object to that.

18 hours ago, Lawman said:

True, but how very effective and honest.  Why do you think Amazon and eBay are so popular?

Tell that to the players who get scammed.  Even in an open market, the buyer has recourse if the seller misrepresents its product.  In the game, there is no recourse.  An auction house is no less a free open market, by the way.  It's just one that makes misrepresentation impossible and comparison shopping easier.  Other than scammers, I can't imagine who would object to that.

You cannot be scammed if you watch what you buy. It is your own problem, and any excuses are not valid. Also now you can buy cheap, sell expensive, search in different towns, multitrade, manipulate the prices, compete with the other players, trade is a game into the game. While the auction house is just a bot. An NPC instance that effectively replace the players. Yes, it is effective if you want just to buy or sell. But it is terrible if you want to play a game.

22 hours ago, Vlademere said:

Do you truly believe that executives at NCSoft are unaware that players need to log in for a sell shop?

This online shop is part of the L2 Classic "nostalgia" - that's all. It's not a conspiracy theory to rip of newbs. NC Soft doesn't advertise their server population to draw in additional players like illegal servers do.

These shops are this way because it is what we remember doing 14 years ago.

No. In every illegal server you have the offline shop option. As for the sweetening the numbers, every company does it. The illegal servers do not care, as only the active players vote. And if the auction house was the better option, that will be used on the illegal servers for sure. But it is not.

1 hour ago, Ikcen said:

You cannot be scammed if you watch what you buy. It is your own problem, and any excuses are not valid. Also now you can buy cheap, sell expensive, search in different towns, multitrade, manipulate the prices, compete with the other players, trade is a game into the game. While the auction house is just a bot. An NPC instance that effectively replace the players. Yes, it is effective if you want just to buy or sell. But it is terrible if you want to play a game.

Spoken like a true scammer (not saying you are one, just that any scammer would be proud of the above statement).  If I wanted to play a trading game, I certainly would not have chosen L2.  Anyway, you can still do all of those things.  The live servers have an AH and still have tons of personal buy and sell stores set up (and plenty of scammers).  The AH just provides people who want to play L2 as a fighting game, not as a trading game, an easy way to buy and sell.  Nothing wrong with that. 

On ‎21‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 6:52 PM, Zeeki said:

Go play another wow clone. This is L2, the game where economy is important part of the game and AH destroy this part.

destroy why? will destroy only the stores and visual pollution, will improve trade, because the person put the item on the AH and closes the game! you do not need to go online advertising in the chat or waiting for your store to sell, spending electricity with the computer on 24 hours every day. and with AH she does all the work herself, she keeps the prices good and decent, because the players can not cheat or scammer, they can not put high prices because the players are seeing all the server items and all prices! with just a click and a search. it is easy to buy and sell. I really do not understand why you said that this ends the trade. Are you thinking rationally? or do you just think the shops pretty?

On 12/23/2018 at 1:50 PM, Lawman said:

Spoken like a true scammer (not saying you are one, just that any scammer would be proud of the above statement).  

Spoken like a true scammer (not saying you are one) Accuse (but not really) the other person to be a scammer so they will never suspect that I am a scammer!!!

See how pointless that argument is?

1 hour ago, Shreekz said:

Spoken like a true scammer (not saying you are one) Accuse (but not really) the other person to be a scammer so they will never suspect that I am a scammer!!!

See how pointless that argument is?

LOL.  That was my reaction to his comments, not my argument.  You ignored the rest of my comment, which was the argument.  And your statement is silly, since a scammer would never make the arguments I made (and you so conveniently ignored).  Anyway, the statement is true.  Any scammer would, in fact, agree completely with the comment I was responding to.  Maybe you are right that it is pointless to point that out, but I don't think so.

My actual argument is pretty simple.  (1)  The AH is very convenient and effective for those who want to play L2 as a fighting game and don't want to spend a lot of time as a merchant.  It is still possible to scam people using the AH.  People try it all the time.  But it is much harder to do and will not succeed nearly as often.  I consider that a good thing.  (2)  The experience of the official live servers shows that the AH supplements, but does not replace, private stores.  The argument that AH will kill private stores is simply not true.  

Maybe it's my own lack of imagination, but I have a hard time imagining why anyone other than a scammer would oppose an AH.   

Archived