Forums

Connectivity Issues Update - 1/18

Hime

• L2 Team

Hi all,

You may have noticed the connectivity issues related to the illegitimate traffic have been resolved. We're still monitoring the situation, and should it start up again, please be aware the team will be on it!

We understand this situation has been extremely frustrating and as previously mentioned, we are in the process of taking next steps to make up for lost time enjoying the game. We'll have those details available next week!

Thank you all for your patience, and we'll see you in game.

On 1/16/2019 at 5:15 PM, Hime said:

Hi all,

We are still seeing high illegitimate traffic to our servers. Our network team remains responsive and active in engaging the issue. Unfortunately, you may continue to experience connectivity issues across all our servers.

https://forums.lineage2.com/topic/10686-connectivity-issues-update-115/

On 1/15/2019 at 5:40 PM, Hime said:

Hi all,

We had a brief period where we were hopeful the connectivity issue was resolved, and unfortunately, last night the issues resurfaced.

We are experiencing service interruptions on Lineage II. This is not caused by our servers--our servers are not failing, and are running normally. What's not normal is the amount of illegitimate traffic our servers are experiencing. That traffic is causing high latency, disconnections, and what many of you have already reported-- being unable to connect to our servers.

Our team has been working and will be continue to work on mitigating the illegitimate traffic, and unfortunately, you may continue to experience various effects of this issue. We understand this situation has not been the best, but please know we will be taking next steps to make up for the lost time our players has experienced.

Thank you for bearing with us. We'll post another update as soon as we have more.

you don't get it, you question was answered.   Now go with it, it was aliens . . . aliens were probing the servers with their . . .

1 hour ago, BadCrab said:

I think it was transparently a DDOS. Probably from a disgruntled user or competing server.

2 hours ago, BadCrab said:

I think it was transparently a DDOS. Probably from a disgruntled user or competing server.

I do too, and said so a week ago.  What I don't understand is why @Himewon't say so.  Her use of an obscure term either means she is being limited in what she can say or that there is more to it than the typical DDOS attack.  I'd like to know which, but it looks like she can't or won't say.  Oh, well, enough complaining about that.

I hope that the people who have lost those 7 days without being able to log in will be compensated in some way. ONLY those who could not log, the other users who have not had problems to enter should not receive more advantages than they already got to play when the rest could not.

• Hime unpinned this topic

Archived