BOTTS ARE OBVIOUS

Spopopichas

Hi,

Everybody that has finished 2nd prof quest must have seen a swarm of bots on areas like Gorgon Flower Garden; Breka's Stronghold, Death Pass.

ITS OBVIOUS, so why nothing is done? its really easy, just check these people there and you will ban 99% of bots in these areas.

***Also a tip if you see a bot in area where mobs are stronger than mentioned areas, just lure mobs to them, they hit them and get aggro, also if they survive just hit their summon to near death condition, then mobs will finish the summon and summoner BOT will die. 

The excuse you're going to get will go along the lines of something like "There are no GM in game". I'm sure if there were active GMs on the server they could just "pop" over, check, confirm, and submit a report to delete the bots you mentioned. In a perfect world anyway.

Problem is, the people who own this game simply don't care.

Yes, there is a bot report option, but with excessive limitations to its use.

Yes, players can submit videos of "suspicious behavior" aka bots to GMs and probably expect no action or some action along the lines of 3 weeks to a month later. 

Why? Again, the people who own this game simply don't care. Those people don't log onto the game servers, they don't even come to this forum, they probably don't even look at any statistical data about number of bots reported, banned, etc. They only care that the game makes enough to keep it running. 

The cost to implement what is needed to actually curb bot use is "too much" to benefit them, or "too much" to implement based on the games overall profit. Why they can't revert back to a subscription based game in order to fund this? Could be pure laziness and the mentality of "if its not broke (as far as profit for them anyway) why fix it?"; or maybe they know they average player won't fork out 14$ a month for this game over all the other options out there. Who knows.

This is an old game. Even back in 2002 when bots destroyed the servers they didn't care. 10 years down the road, if this skeleton that was once Lineage 2 classic still exists and poor sobs are still playing it dreaming of something better, they still won't care. 

I'm not saying bots don't get banned. Some of them do, probably the amateur botter trying to take advantage like the pro botter's are but not knowing what he's doing. So yes, they can say they "are working on it" but they, and any player who have played this game long enough, know its not enough...and will never be enough.

Bottom line, bots aren't going anywhere. Adjust to that mentality or move on, don't lose sleep over it. 

30 minutes ago, PanoramicVI said:

The cost to implement what is needed to actually curb bot use is "too much" to benefit them, or "too much" to implement based on the games overall profit. Why they can't revert back to a subscription based game in order to fund this? Could be pure laziness and the mentality of "if its not broke (as far as profit for them anyway) why fix it?"; or maybe they know they average player won't fork out 14$ a month for this game over all the other options out there. Who knows.

This is an old game. Even back in 2002 when bots destroyed the servers they didn't care. 10 years down the road, if this skeleton that was once Lineage 2 classic still exists and poor sobs are still playing it dreaming of something better, they still won't care. 

Oh but there is already a Pay-To-Play server. The EU one. Guess what? It's dead. Why? 'cause people are crying the wont be paying 10 (even lesser with discounts) to play. In that server you could get a ban even for RMTing, things you will never get here since it's one of "their" best profit. 

Anyway, feels good to know that bots are destroying servers since 2002 when the game first came in 2004 (late 2003 in KR). 
Bots back in the days were not like this. Countering them was way easier and they were WAY WAY WAY less than this. Why this changed? Easy.
If you die to mob = no more drop.
If you PK them = good luck dropping that karma.
So with this things changed, everyone feels safe using programs. If we had JUST the drop-on-death back, trust me, you would see a huge drop on both type of bots 'cause you will get more people to hunt them with stunners to loot their stuffs. 
One last thing, INB4 : in the next patches (KR got it with last update) clans will learn a buff that will remove drop from mobs. But your clan need to be of the right level and you will need to have a clan. 
Everytime they modify something, they improve life of quality for robots and just ruin the life of the live players. 

2 minutes ago, Mistral said:

Oh but there is already a Pay-To-Play server. The EU one. Guess what? It's dead. Why? 'cause people are crying the wont be paying 10 (even lesser with discounts) to play. In that server you could get a ban even for RMTing, things you will never get here since it's one of "their" best profit. 

Anyway, feels good to know that bots are destroying servers since 2002 when the game first came in 2004 (late 2003 in KR). 
Bots back in the days were not like this. Countering them was way easier and they were WAY WAY WAY less than this. Why this changed? Easy.
If you die to mob = no more drop.
If you PK them = good luck dropping that karma.
So with this things changed, everyone feels safe using programs. If we had JUST the drop-on-death back, trust me, you would see a huge drop on both type of bots 'cause you will get more people to hunt them with stunners to loot their stuffs. 
One last thing, INB4 : in the next patches (KR got it with last update) clans will learn a buff that will remove drop from mobs. But your clan need to be of the right level and you will need to have a clan. 
Everytime they modify something, they improve life of quality for robots and just ruin the life of the live players. 

That's the sad reality of L2 that people don't want to admit. If a server bans all RMT'ers and bots the server dies within like two months because in reality most people won't play L2 without being able to bot or buy adena to get ahead.

3 minutes ago, Zace said:

That's the sad reality of L2 that people don't want to admit. If a server bans all RMT'ers and bots the server dies within like two months because in reality most people won't play L2 without being able to bot or buy adena to get ahead.

What's even worse is that the admins here are unable to run and administrate a game in the right way. They did huge mistakes since the server went live.
Just to tell 2, the worst :
1 - They didn't announced server rates being halved compared to the EU/RU counter-part. So when people started, me too, we found ourselfs to xp 'till late 20+ with a lowbie weapon NG and no shots 'cause the rates were seriously too nerfed for a 'fresh server'.
2 - No level cap. They announced that level cap was 70, it was not. They said game content was capped to 70, it was not. We got into the "big clans" (in our case, in giran, into Skynet and Lotus) players that are over lv 78. Do you know what it means? That when you engage in clan vs clan activity, the clan with the biggest levels win. I heard there's even a lv 80 into one of those clans, a tank. You guys got ANY clue what does it means for a lv 80 tank to just run into the crowd and mass aggro a bunch of lowbies that cannot stand it? If there was a level cap to 70, you would have give chances to stand to anyone in a level range of 65-70. By giving us no cap, all we get is levels 76+ heavly stomping all the 70-. And i'm pretty sure that levels 76+ are not even 1/4 of the players 70-. 

So here you go : Lie about cap level + Lie about server rates + No GM to ban bots = server slowly dieing. 
But i guess that this server is just meant to stay alive and milk money 'till they will open the Bloody server and we'll get the same situation we have in every NCWest server. When server will be about to die they will drop pay-to-win items into the L2Store to get as much $ as they can. 

1 hour ago, Mistral said:

What's even worse is that the admins here are unable to run and administrate a game in the right way. They did huge mistakes since the server went live.
Just to tell 2, the worst :
1 - They didn't announced server rates being halved compared to the EU/RU counter-part. So when people started, me too, we found ourselfs to xp 'till late 20+ with a lowbie weapon NG and no shots 'cause the rates were seriously too nerfed for a 'fresh server'.
2 - No level cap. They announced that level cap was 70, it was not. They said game content was capped to 70, it was not. We got into the "big clans" (in our case, in giran, into Skynet and Lotus) players that are over lv 78. Do you know what it means? That when you engage in clan vs clan activity, the clan with the biggest levels win. I heard there's even a lv 80 into one of those clans, a tank. You guys got ANY clue what does it means for a lv 80 tank to just run into the crowd and mass aggro a bunch of lowbies that cannot stand it? If there was a level cap to 70, you would have give chances to stand to anyone in a level range of 65-70. By giving us no cap, all we get is levels 76+ heavly stomping all the 70-. And i'm pretty sure that levels 76+ are not even 1/4 of the players 70-. 

So here you go : Lie about cap level + Lie about server rates + No GM to ban bots = server slowly dieing. 
But i guess that this server is just meant to stay alive and milk money 'till they will open the Bloody server and we'll get the same situation we have in every NCWest server. When server will be about to die they will drop pay-to-win items into the L2Store to get as much $ as they can. 

TI pretty much dead at this point, no one even showed up to siege against BR zerg/Supremacy.

10 hours ago, Zace said:

TI pretty much dead at this point, no one even showed up to siege against BR zerg/Supremacy.

The same happened in Giran with the 2 clans i mentioned above. Both were zergs, but Lotus ally seems to have the upper hand 'cause they got more 78+ in their main clan. And this creates a huge break the balancement. Just 1 lv 78 can do a HUGE difference against opponents that are not even 70, go figure having way more than ur opponent. This is why cap levels were created, to mantain the balance between the server. NCWest will never learn how to manage a game. It's just a simple fact. If they want to "fix" this, they MUST put a cap with the incoming patch, even if that's like...80, that's fine, it's still a cap that everyone will reach at some point. But with no cap at all, there's no way things will work out. 

15 hours ago, Mistral said:

Oh but there is already a Pay-To-Play server. The EU one. Guess what? It's dead.

Sorry dude. Maybe you live on mars

last siege recorded 450 vs 410 ppl

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNcsx3c7pMQ

I've never seen a so crowded siege on ncwest, ever

Maybe there's another problem on that server

eg. whoever want to start in there has to purchase the d pack ad the c one since no one in there is that low anymore

and no one is selling d or c grade stuff anymore

15 hours ago, Mistral said:

Oh but there is already a Pay-To-Play server. The EU one. Guess what? It's dead. 

Skelth was dead.  It's making a comeback, with competitive alliances & interesting sieges.  There are still cheaters there, but far fewer than here.  No telling how long that will last, but at least now it's a far better alternative than the NCWest Classic servers.

6 hours ago, BmD said:

Sorry dude. Maybe you live on mars

last siege recorded 450 vs 410 ppl

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNcsx3c7pMQ

I've never seen a so crowded siege on ncwest, ever

Maybe there's another problem on that server

eg. whoever want to start in there has to purchase the d pack ad the c one since no one in there is that low anymore

and no one is selling d or c grade stuff anymore

No dude, i don't live in mars, but i don't live in Skelth either. So as long as people don't say or i don't check (and last time i logged in skelth there was literally none around but in MDT) i can't be updated on Skelth situation, even 'cause there's no "Online tracker" for EU/RU servers.

Looking forward for the 400 vs 400 youtube video then :D
And the issue with D and C grade stuffs is quite obvious, server is quite old now and since probably 90% of the players there are over 70+, it's hard to find lowbie things. 

Last time i logged there i did an adventurer, for fun, and i managed to hit lv 25+ in just 1h due to the boosts/free gear i got. And i managed to farm WAY more mats/adenas and even full drops than here, lol. 

On 2/17/2019 at 6:58 PM, PanoramicVI said:

Yes, players can submit videos of "suspicious behavior" aka bots to GMs and probably expect no action or some action along the lines of 3 weeks to a month later. 

Why? 

Because ncsoft and bots are on the same team to milk as many money from hyped up project as they can

8 hours ago, 335iStage2 said:

Because ncsoft and bots are on the same team to milk as many money from hyped up project as they can

Yeah, right.  They are milking money by infesting the prime hunting grounds with bots and chasing real players away.  Sure.  Come on, if they wanted to they could create all the adena they wanted without the bots and sell it in the L2Store.  Or, if they were that crooked, they could create the adena and sell it as RMTs.  They certainly wouldn't need bots to do it.

with all the bot reports submitted by players and all the threads in the forum about this you would think NCSoft would take notice.

they don't.

bots are money for them so they don't care about the rest of us.  when they have no real players left they'll discover the results of their poor business decisions.

NCSoft simply does not respect their live players.  they have no regard whatsoever for their community.  take that as you will but it makes for a very poor playing environment for those of us who love the game.

Archived