New Player

Aviami

Hello everyone.

As you can see from the title i am a new player on the l2 world (played privates on the past and official till interlude but thats a very long time ago), and i decided to give it a try again.Please refrain from telling me that the game is new player unfriendly, play only if you wonna toss a fortune in the cash shop etc.I've read plenty of forum post about this and im not a new customer of Ncsoft(hi aion).But as a new player i have a few questions to ask,so here it goes :) :

1) I started a bladedancer,having in my mind that a buffer is essential for groups, but is this true on endgame or everyone uses afk bots for buffing?I heard that iss got some nice debuffs which contribute to the overall dmg of the group.

2)If buffers are indeed essential for groups, will i be neglected from gearing up if i join a constant party?I mean, will the dps of the group be the ultimate gear goal of the party and only them will get gears and if there are some leftovers, only then will i get a bait?

3)If buffers are generally only for buffing and then left afk, which is a good dps class that can hold its own, i mean with not super gears worth thousands of dollars (even though i would like to know which is the overall most powerfull class when overgeared.

4)I started on Chronos server because i read on forum posts that the other servers either have an overpriced AH or are nearly dead population wise.Was it a wise choice?

I appriciate everyone that took their time reading all these and i would appriciate any answer ,either it is constructive or pure trolling, game forums are a nice place to get a laugh anyway xD 

Yours, Aviami

Iss is a good class for you I think, you are not going to be given a good weapon from your CP, but if they are smart they will give you decent/good armor and cooldown jewels at least. A lot of the rest of it is up to you. Chronos is the most populated and active server, AH is over priced on every server IMO. BD is a good iss to have but needs to be 103 for it to REALLY shine. That being said, most Iss are boxed by DD mains, but a good solid AOE party requires one live, especially end game.

Hope it helps

1.Bladedencar Its not the best choice...a doomcryer would help you more. Everybody have a ISS to buff up no matter the lvl.

2. As Auburn said...ISS is a support class, if he get something from cp it will be armor.

3.It depends what you are seeking...PVE or PVP. I think the cheapest DD class is WYNN Sumoner. For the second part choose any Dagger, Feoh, Yull.

4.yes, it was a good decision. Freya and Naia are a mess and wil merge in few months...if they will still have what ppl to merge :)).

every iss have their own skills now its not the same as before , but the point is Do you have Enouph Money to spend in events to setup your char ??
Do you have time to play? you will play as solo player or you will try to find party? ether way you will need a BOX as DD if you go as main Support for Instances , Farm etc...

First of all, i wonna thank Auburn,Pleistoros and ChiChele for bothering to answer, i really appriciate it.

So if i understand right , i can't avoid lvling up a dps.My question about the gears was refering to the fact that i don't want to hinder my progress.I mean that i don't want to be left out of drops because i am the support, because then there is no reason to play the game if i can't move forward.

By reading some forum topics i saw that to be able to be competitive on pvp i have to toss a lot of money to build up my character.I do like pvp as this is the main part that l2 brings out, but i prefer mass scale pvp, not 1v1.Moreover i think that if you can farm everything in pve ,then eventually you will be able to get some gear to progress on pvping with people with same gear as you, because l2 has no catch up mechanics since always.If you are a new player and you hope to reach the others who play 10+ years, you either spend a lot or hope that these players get bored of the game and stop playing :D.

I would like to be able to joins parties and i play a lot.I no life actually, so which dd could be suitable for me?I don't care about melee/ranged.Also i don't mind spending some money here and there, but i won't become a whale whatsoever

Thanks in advance,

Aviami

Here some extra info:

how lvlup works atm for a new player w/o exp boost not for a fresh start:

1-85: 1 day or 2 lazy mode...

85-89: Kartia duo and some farm>>2-3days

90-93:Kartia duo , spetion,fortuna and some farm>> 2-3 days

93-95:Kartia duo, spetion, fortuna,nornil instance,istina and some farm>>2-3 days

95-97: Kartia duo, spetion, fortuna,nornil instance,istina,octavis and some farm>>1-2 days

97-99:Kartia duo, spetion, fortuna,nornil instance,istina,octavis, CC, Baylor and some farm>>3-4 days

99-100:Kartia duo, spetion, fortuna,nornil instance,istina,octavis, CC, Baylor, balok,Kamaloka and some farm>>2-4 weeks

100-101: same+AF>>2-4 weeks

101-102:same+AF+Atar>>>4-6 weeks

102-103:same+AF+Atar>>>8-10 weeks

103+ rly not worth bother if you dont make any high lvl and top gear friend to pwlvl.

Ofc, with exp boost and friends you can make 1-105 in 1 month or less.

Another observation, start from 101 lvl if you dont have good equip you are doomed...here equip target at 101:

1.+8 bloody set or +10 set normal/bless r99 or worst case scenario +10 r95 set >>>30 bil

2.bloody weapon 3sa +12 or +16 r95 bless weapon or worst case scenario+16 bless apo>>>25-30 bil

3.decent jewels-rings,neck and earings>>>5 bil

4.pve cloak+7-+10>>this is most important>>>25 bil

5.noble circlet>>>20 bil

6.talismans>>longing, abundance,anakim,faction,venir>>>15 bil

7.high lvl agathion>>>3 bil

8. brooch>>>lvl3 defense minimum

Total round 125 bil...more or less. Be advice, this equip make you able to some pve but not for pvp with high lvl boys :)

4 hours ago, Pleistoros said:

Here some extra info:

93-95:Kartia duo, spetion, fortuna,nornil instance,istina and some farm>>2-3 days

95-97: Kartia duo, spetion, fortuna,nornil instance,istina,octavis and some farm>>1-2 days

97-99:Kartia duo, spetion, fortuna,nornil instance,istina,octavis, CC, Baylor and some farm>>3-4 days

99-100:Kartia duo, spetion, fortuna,nornil instance,istina,octavis, CC, Baylor, balok,Kamaloka and some farm>>2-4 weeks

100-101: same+AF+Atar>>2-4 weeks

101-102:same>>>4-6 weeks

102-103:same>>>8-10 weeks

103+ rly not worth bother if you dont make any high lvl and top gear to pwlvl.

Another observation, start from 101 lvl if you dont have good equip you are doomed...here equip target at 101:

1.+8 bloody set or +10 set normal/bless r99 or worst case scenario +10 r95 set >>>30 bil

2.bloody weapon 3sa +12 or +16 r95 bless weapon or worst case scenario+16 bless apo>>>25-30 bil

5.noble circlet>>>20 bil

Total round 125 bil...more or less. Be advice, this equip make you able to some pve but not for pvp with high lvl boys :)

If I'm not mistaken Altar is 101+ =x

Sorry

On 4/5/2018 at 6:38 PM, Pleistoros said:

Here some extra info:

100-101: same+AF>>2-4 weeks

101-102:same+AF+Atar>>>4-6 weeks

102-103:same+AF+Atar>>>8-10 weeks

103+ rly not worth bother if you dont make any high lvl and top gear friend to pwlvl.

5.noble circlet>>>20 bil

wow this is a hell lot of information, thank you very much.One more question, is it worth it to buy the R grade paulina set with nc coins till i get these gears?

21 minutes ago, Aviami said:

wow this is a hell lot of information, thank you very much.One more question, is it worth it to buy the R grade paulina set with nc coins till i get these gears?

To be 100% honest, for new players, its about the only way you are going to get anything outside of CP till 99+. So yes, get one if you can.

1 hour ago, Aviami said:

You get one for free after awakening.

Archived