Why are the items on this server are so expensive?

red667

I'm playing on JP server for a while, I bought a Frenzied Tauti's Two-handed Axe for 650M,so I was kind of curious and went to see here on the NA server the price of the same weapon, to my surprise when I checked here at NA costs 17B to 20B a Frenzied Tauti, like what?

I started to see other items and compare them, a Bloody R99 +15 bow in NA costs 75B, while in JP I came to see for 20B, I also saw a R99 +31 for 155B, like how much would such an item cost in NA? 500B? armor not to mention, a bloody R99 +10 is easily seen by 20B, and yesterday on the JP server saw vi eternal eternal light +12 by 30B, it is very normal to see Dragon Weapons LV1 everywhere, also not so expensive, costing between 20B and 50B depending on the weapon.

Now I ask, why is the equipment here at NA so expensive?

We have lots of bots which farm a lot of adena, that cause inflation and price rise on all items. Out of 2.5k chars online on chronos probably 1/3 are bots. +31 R110 weapon would probably cost around 2T adena here. Our economy is sad and run by l2 store and bots, that is reason why most new players quit since they realize they cant buy anything if they don't spend $$ from start

Just now, zzt111 said:

We have lots of bots which farm a lot of adena, that cause inflation and price rise on all items. Out of 2.5k chars online on chronos probably 1/3 are bots. +31 R110 weapon would probably cost around 2T adena here. Our economy is sad and run by l2 store and bots, that is reason why most new players quit since they realize they cant buy anything if they don't spend $$ from start

Maybe spending was not the problem, but the absurd amount that would have to spend, while in JP with 50B you are already very well equipped, here you can not buy even a r99 +15 weapon, I stopped by Pavel Ruins to see the situation and the place is packed, no wonder that in JP all these areas that the bots used are just dropping 700 adena and 0 craft material (after all they will be removed).

10 hours ago, zzt111 said:

bots are not responsible for the high prices on items... 100% responsible for these prices is the company itself..

11 hours ago, m0da said:

bots are not responsible for the high prices on items... 100% responsible for these prices is the company itself..

Actually bot are responsible since they create a lot of adena on server and cause inflation, with inflation prices of everything go up, thats economy 101

Edited by zzt111

On 11/30/2019 at 2:23 AM, zzt111 said:

Actually bot are responsible since they create a lot of adena on server and cause inflation, with inflation prices of everything go up, thats economy 101

You are not wrong but not exactly right either.. The prices are determined by demand and supply in an economy.. Also, bots are maybe creating adena but that doesn't mean that you or me will have more adena.. You will have to pay the bots for adena, it's not free.. The actual euro/adena rate hasn't changed despite the bots..

For example.. Lidvior's earring price is getting increased over the last months.. That's not because bots are pushing more money in the economy, but because there is no more supply of such earrings.. The boss was removed from the server and it's almost impossible to get a lidvior from an event..

So the one that determines the supply is the one that affects the prices, especially in this game's economy that is like a monopoly in the real world.. The company itself is the only factor affecting the prices.. That's a fact.. Putting the blame on bots is like playing the company's advocate..

18 hours ago, m0da said:

You are not wrong but not exactly right either.. The prices are determined by demand and supply in an economy.. Also, bots are maybe creating adena but that doesn't mean that you or me will have more adena.. You will have to pay the bots for adena, it's not free.. The actual euro/adena rate hasn't changed despite the bots..

For example.. Lidvior's earring price is getting increased over the last months.. That's not because bots are pushing more money in the economy, but because there is no more supply of such earrings.. The boss was removed from the server and it's almost impossible to get a lidvior from an event..

So the one that determines the supply is the one that affects the prices, especially in this game's economy that is like a monopoly in the real world.. The company itself is the only factor affecting the prices.. That's a fact.. Putting the blame on bots is like playing the company's advocate..

You have forgot one little thing - botting and selling items(adena) for real are crimes. So you should compare with illegal black market mechanics in real word and in game not white legal one. Call fbi, son.  

Many ppl talk unknowing economy or at least how real life work :).
Dont put the blame to bots, they are not responsible for inflation....this time their only fault is that they dont farm adena and items faster.

NCW and NC Korea are responsible for this situation...
The first one for increasing clients/pc and for keeping the hope warm for increasing again to 7 clients and the second one  for giving Paulina rgrade for free and full automated farm and for new item who destroy good old items(talismans, jewerly,etc).
More then that, 2 years ago server were near collapse...berrely had 1300 ppl online in good days, now we have constant 2300-2700 ppl(doesnt matter alts or main or bots or whatever) and they all need gear to farm in higher places.

To simplify: at least double population>>> NC add new items who destroy old items to make it>>>bots cant keep it with the changes and make less adena/drop>>>huge inflation. (Ex: Valakas Neck, Earth Wirm Ring, Tauti Ring,Rune Stone, Mystic Cry, etc.).

Edited by TheThrax
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, FTBs said:

You have forgot one little thing - botting and selling items(adena) for real are crimes. So you should compare with illegal black market mechanics in real word and in game not white legal one. Call fbi, son.  

botting and selling L2 items for real money is against the company's policy and yes they can be considered illegal in this sense... However, they are not the cause of the ridiculous high prices we have in this game.. They are probably the result of it... That was my point in this topic..

If somebody needs to call FBI, that should be the company itself, but it seems that they don't care or they are maybe earning something from this.. How else can you explain the fact that real money traders are openly advertising their websites in-game?

Guys it's not rocket sience ! It's all about Demand and supply! You can have tons of bots, but if nobody would RMT these bots would go out of business and eventually leave the game. Sadly the RTM's ( BOT masters ) know that people are Inpatient by nature ( especially gamers) and thus they sell their goods for $$$. 

No bots = Live Gm's =  Healthy server =  low prices = slow progression

Bots = Unheatly Server / Extremely high prices / RMT = Lost cause 

Have fun with what you have ! :)

the real cause of the price hike is NOT the bots, it's the deep pocket of some of the real players here in REAL LIFE... is that really a surprise to you?  So Japan server of what not don't matter... in any country, bot or not, the depth of the real player's pocket determine the price.... everywhere on earth and in the heavens... in every planets of our solar systems... across the galaxies... to the ends of the UNI-VERSE

THIS RULE APPLIES.

Bur sir... is there anything positive to come out of this?  Well?  Yes.  The advantage is this server got the support of the rich so the game will live on for as long as they're around.... and that is a good thing for the game's viable future... it's not a good thing if the server shuts down, which affects everyone.

Edited by GhostintheShell