Game is becoming bigger Joke by day

I personally think that the devs are trying to kill game so they can move on. Between horrible customer service to way way overpriced items... to events that are "Free" giving jack S**t for decent items. Or lame picture events that give +16 weapon with no add ons which wont do a damn thing against current weapon line ups +21/ dragon weps XD. The business moves Ncsoft is making for Lineage 2 is one of 2 things. Either the people running the show are incompetent or they're trying to cash out until major base of remaining players quit. I understand this game is pay to win, I have no problem spending money but when I'm having to drop more money in current game then over a year ago thats an issue. I just don't like spending my money and be getting very very little return back.

So what are your guys thoughts? Do you Think they're just trying to cash out? Do you like their current business model? Or do you guys think they just dont know economics? Please share you're thoughts.

• Like 1

Well i think economy is mostly driven by 30/50 high-end players who basically own it.

> NC put items for them in store (powerful, expensive, hard to get through low random rates)

> Casual/non high end players buy ncoins they then sell to them in order to get adenas

> with adenas, Casual/non high end but items in store/AH ... to those high end players who get their adena back and even more since both NCoin/adena conversion rates and items prices go continiously higher and higher.

> they sell part of the stuff bought through ncoin to get more adena.

> and u repeat ?

It always existed, but never to such extent. Ncwest has some reponsibility in it cause it's the lacks of content that the game offers today who makes this "economy" so profitable.

But hey, the final goal is to sell ncoin so if sales are good and the actual system is profitable why would they change ?

Edited by Djos
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Djos said:

Well i think economy is mostly driven by 30/50 high-end players who basically own it.

> NC put items for them in store (powerful, expensive, hard to get through low random rates)

> Casual/non high end players buy ncoins they then sell to them in order to get adenas

> with adenas, Casual/non high end but items in store/AH ... to those high end players who get their adena back and even more since both NCoin/adena conversion rates and items prices go continiously higher and higher.

> they sell part of the stuff bought through ncoin to get more adena.

> and u repeat ?

It always existed, but never to such extent. Ncwest has some reponsibility in it cause it's the lacks of content that the game offers today who makes this "economy" so profitable.

But hey, the final goal is to sell ncoin so if sales are good and the actual system is profitable why would they change ?

Its ok :)

This game by mechanic its for 50-100 people!

For example situation in Castle siege:

computer i7-8700 - and 100 active personages in CS (game camera turned on this personages side)  - you get 20.4 FPS (and its joke in this days... other games propose much more)

computer i5-2500 - and 100 active personages in CS (game camera turned on this personages side)  - you get 10.8 FPS

computer inter q6600 - and 100 active personages in CS (game camera turned on this personages side)  - you get 5.1 FPS...

So game crated just for some people! Here cannot be mass pvp or etc - computer cannot accept this :)

What doing other 4900 acounts - its not iportant... for admins/developer need just that some of this 4900 - one day start pay - and can be top...

Edited by Ambicija
mistake

16 minutes ago, Ambicija said:

Its ok :)

This game by mechanic its for 50-100 people!

For example situation in Castle siege:

computer i7-8700 - and 100 active personages in CS (game camera turned on this personages side)  - you get 20.4 FPS (and its joke in this days... other games propose much more)

computer i5-2500 - and 100 active personages in CS (game camera turned on this personages side)  - you get 10.8 FPS

computer inter q6600 - and 100 active personages in CS (game camera turned on this personages side)  - you get 5.1 FPS...

So game crated just for some people! Here cannot be mass pvp or etc - computer cannot accept this :)

What doing other 4900 acounts - its not iportant... for admins/developer need just that some of this 4900 - one day start pay - and can be top...

the game engine is super old so it does not have benefits when you have many cores it will use always 1 core. and use other settings in siege in siege ;D

I agree with you that the game has become a joke with incredibly high prices.. However, you are wrong to say that a +16 weapon is not good... The only bad thing about this weapon is that it isn't available for European players...This is another joke of our beloved company.. If they don't want European players or they don't have a license for Europe, why they don't just block them? Because EUROs are sweet..

However, what i understood over the last 6 years i play here is that they are not going to change anything and they will keep getting more and more aggressive in marketing as long as their pockets are full.. 

The only way for this to stop is if people stop paying...

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Lelleth said:

I personally think that the devs are trying to kill game so they can move on. Between horrible customer service to way way overpriced items... to events that are "Free" giving jack S**t for decent items. Or lame picture events that give +16 weapon with no add ons which wont do a damn thing against current weapon line ups +21/ dragon weps XD. The business moves Ncsoft is making for Lineage 2 is one of 2 things. Either the people running the show are incompetent or they're trying to cash out until major base of remaining players quit. I understand this game is pay to win, I have no problem spending money but when I'm having to drop more money in current game then over a year ago thats an issue. I just don't like spending my money and be getting very very little return back.

So what are your guys thoughts? Do you Think they're just trying to cash out? Do you like their current business model? Or do you guys think they just dont know economics? Please share you're thoughts.

I disagree with you.

NC is investing in Unreal Engine 4.0 UI facelift, if that happens, this game will take advantage of multi-core processing and GPU.

Also it's same old people without money blaming all their troubles on the rich, as in real life, as in this game.  But I do agree NC customer service is horrible due to the agents hired never played the game or using just cookie cutter questions and answers.

There was a time when the producer and HGM's played the game themselves but they just couldn't reveal who they were in game or use their company accounts to influence politics on their servers.  I am not sure that is true anymore but it made the staff know who were the people that being honest when they complained and ones that were bsing them.

Was one time I was in party complaining about botting (long time ago) and one of the HGM at the time appears next to me because the could make themselves visible or invisible with gm accounts and banned the train in the room next to me that was using an exploit to kill a raid boss.  This is not typical but even if they did that once in a blue moon show that they are watching and are in game then it revives faith in the company that they are trying to make the game better.

Edited by Slycutter