Great Events; Horrid Promos

Rodah

Over the last 6 months you guys have really put out some great events; Double XP, Letters, Red Libra, Rim, etc.  Thanks for that.

However, your store promotions have been pretty bad on average (with some exceptions).  Take the current promo, I (we) need Crystals of Dawn; we don't need 95% of the other rewards in the Haunted Boxes.  I would have dropped $100+ if I was certain I could get what I want but.....

Or how about Circlets; why did you put them in the L2 store, we don't need them (AT ALL).  We DO need circlet augment stones though......

And why did you randomly put Cloaks in the L2 Store a couple months ago and not include scrolls? 

How come you haven't addressed the bottleneck with brooches?  It's virtually impossible to make a 6 slot brooch because there is no realistic way to get 500+ powders. 

Lets not forget the Dragon Shirt upgrade nonsense.....

There are SOOO many items people WOULD buy if you made them available but you can't/won't/haven't.  

• Like 3

+1

i came back exactly 1 year ago and we have not had a true la vie event the entire time I've been playing.  this is beyond frustrating.

While i know game mechanics wont be changed by our input, it would be nice to have our input drive the L2 store.  Things such as hero coins are basically useless.  Prestige is purchased for the eva rune reuse and the adena drop, nothing else.  Its like the store needs a major overhaul.

also, rim kama was one of my favorite events over the past year.  i like events that reward you for hunting, but dont spam inventory like the letter event.  i dont mind paying obviously, but the free aspect for mysterious shots and stuff would be nice to see more of that stuff.  even the mammon staff event i liked waaay more than any gamble box event.

All main p2w items (cloak/brooch/artifact/etc) should be offered minimum once, but at least twice a year on an event.  this includes libra.

Edited by iHyperlite
  • Like 1

Honestly, they could make this game SOOOO much better in a number of ways.

Aside, am I the only one who thinks that they should take shots out of the game? Boost all weapons with what the normal blessed sps and soul shots damage would be. With enchants, the weapon gains additional p.atk/matk and SA bonuses depending on enchant level, instead of giving more shot damage based on enchant level.

Edited by MalumInSe
  • Like 1

I can agree last pay events been pretty crappy ones, but you can't say that to the current one. (Haunted Boxes)

It's exactly what a pay event should be, based on consumables and with a guarantee return close to the NCoin value of the pack and small chance good items to avoid flooding the market with important items. In this case all the items given by the pack are higher value then the ncoin value of the pack. (If you bother to wait for the the prices to stabilize on those consumables, if not you probably still get even or higher if you sell now)

From the buy/sell shops in Aden i believe this was a good event for ncsoft, hope they get how pay events should be.

PS: The options added to trade the Haunted Boxes for other potential prizes are a complete scam BUT an idea of rates is there for you to take your own conclusion if you should play it or not. If, by looking at those rates, you still consider worth playing it stop coming to the forums complaining NCSoft is robbing you or stuff like that.

Edited by BurnCycle

There are many QOL updates that Juji is simply blocking for us.

Cheaper R110 upgrades since nov/19 in korea 

Crystal of dawn changes. All new stuff (circlets/bracelets/dragon shirt/artifact books, etc) use cry of dawn in Korea. The drop rate was increased in PI and you can exchange noble/radiant stones for 12/38 crystals.

Just those two would make the game way more balanced.

3 hours ago, Daik0n said:

There are many QOL updates that Juji is simply blocking for us.

Cheaper R110 upgrades since nov/19 in korea 

Crystal of dawn changes. All new stuff (circlets/bracelets/dragon shirt/artifact books, etc) use cry of dawn in Korea. The drop rate was increased in PI and you can exchange noble/radiant stones for 12/38 crystals.

Just those two would make the game way more balanced.

The cheaper upgrades we probably won't get cause it would be implemented by now if they wanted to.

The changes on the upgrade system might be tricky to not implement even if they want to since it involves items to be removed. It should be included in the next batch of upgrades. 

6 hours ago, BurnCycle said:

I can agree last pay events been pretty crappy ones, but you can't say that to the current one. (Haunted Boxes)

It's exactly what a pay event should be, based on consumables and with a guarantee return close to the NCoin value of the pack and small chance good items to avoid flooding the market with important items. In this case all the items given by the pack are higher value then the ncoin value of the pack. (If you bother to wait for the the prices to stabilize on those consumables, if not you probably still get even or higher if you sell now)

From the buy/sell shops in Aden i believe this was a good event for ncsoft, hope they get how pay events should be.

PS: The options added to trade the Haunted Boxes for other potential prizes are a complete scam BUT an idea of rates is there for you to take your own conclusion if you should play it or not. If, by looking at those rates, you still consider worth playing it stop coming to the forums complaining NCSoft is robbing you or stuff like that.

I have to disagree with you and reiterate my main point; the items most players want/need aren't included in the current promo.  And if they are (Crystal of Dawn), the drop rate is so low the price is ridiculous.

Yes, current promo has a good NCoin/Adena conversion but so what?  Lets say you sell your 8k NCoin and purchase Crystals of Dawn in order to upgrade your Aritfact.  Since this is a "good" promo you'll get 20b for your 8k NCoin on Chronos (2.5m per).  Guess what, you can buy about 14 Crystals of Dawn for that much; enough to upgrade to a mid-grade Artifact book.  That's just bad......

I guess the increase in Greater Rune Stones was nice but still.... almost all of the other rewards have no realistic use beyond selling for adena.  Which doesn't matter because prices are so high on the stuff most players actually need that the good return on NCoin doesn't even cover the costs.....  Hell, lets say you just want to get a +7 Elmore; they are 25b+ because it's been so long since we had a Cloak promo.  A +7 is the minimum and your 20b from selling NCoin won't cover that. 

13 hours ago, Rodah said:

How come you haven't addressed the bottleneck with brooches?  It's virtually impossible to make a 6 slot brooch because there is no realistic way to get 500+ powders. 

If memory serves, the upgrade materials in Korea were changed some time this year to R gems and Elcyum crystals plus another ingredient for the top levels. If we can't get this, they could perhaps give us an option for example to crush level 3 & 4 jewels for x & y number of powders respectively.

Edited by Aleppo
Typo, Grammar

Whatever the cost is, the bottom line is that they need to figure out a way for players to gain immediate access to those items, whether we're talking about dawn crystals or elpy pelts. Waiting around for months for usually paid promotions to get this stuff is bullshit. They need to start back up quests where people can get a decent number of these things daily and build toward something. Or better yet, let these items drop from normal mobs at a reasonable rate. People are complaining about grind, but everyone will shut up if they know they can get all of the Dawn Crystals they need for upgrades, or all of the Dragon pots necessary to get the stones that they need for upgrades. That way they can then make paid promotions about truly RARE stuff, not stuff that people should have had 4 years ago, but still don't. Idiots! They need to stop screwing up the game.   

• Like 1

On 10/29/2020 at 12:43 PM, Aleppo said:

If memory serves, the upgrade materials in Korea were changed some time this year to R gems and Elcyum crystals plus another ingredient for the top levels. If we can't get this, they could perhaps give us an option for example to crush level 3 & 4 jewels for x & y number of powders respectively.

I actually would love to trade jewel grinders for powders, those grinders are dropping from boxes yah lets say 5:1 ratio would be about right.

Jewel boxes need to be sold through NPC for reasonable adena price. Change enchant rates so that it is a bit more difficult, but not impossible, to make a level 5 jewel. Also, make these jewels unable to combine to Greater Jewels. That way people still participate in events where Greater Jewels drop, but in the meantime most people can get by with Stage 4 and 5 jewels.

Also, brooches up to 6 slot should be lowered in price, sold for adena through NPC, or awarded via a Level 105 Mentor quest. If you're already higher level than that, the Mentor brooch can be obtained through Mentor NPC in exchange for 100,000 marks.