Live Server Maintenance: Wednesday, July 28, 2021

Hime

And clients are using Windows. Microsoft are not some idiots, and they are #1 player on the market (just like Adobe, Autodesk, SAP). When dealing with this kind of a fish, it is YOU who has to comply and listen to, whether you like it or not, to be able to survive. Now the reality is that for the next 10+ years MS will be in force, and you have to comply. Graphics Card Drivers of NVIDIA are working (and has been) from the very beginning of this W11 story, and they are more complicated (sophisticated) than any UT2004-engine-based game. This is just the proof that from the inside W11=W10, and that the difference (at least by now) is only in the outlook, and, given that the game was working fine BEFORE the Wed. 07.28 maintenance, makes me believe that tech. support's answers (in this regard) are just regular plausible deniability from their side, since their NCWest coder guys were already making thing (old GameGuard) which is working for both W10/W11.

I am pretty sure, that this kind of ppl (programmers/developers) are among the first who are actually joining Windows Insider Programmes and having this alpha Windows' builds at their homes. Just because of the curiosity.

Also, wanted to elaborate on some silly suggestions. To disable Windows Defender. You said what?

What kind of a company can make this kind of suggestion? To shutdown the protection? You are not some random company from the street convenience store selling drugs to kids. You are serious company, who, among other things, are taking player's money and has the financial account. Representatives of the company can't suggest malicious things which can put the user under financial/physical risk. Should this be to jump off the cliff or to disable windows defender.

And, if I'm robbed by fishing my credentials later on? Who is responsible?

Pretty sure that nothing is said in the EULA about "disable windows defender or any other anti virus software to play the game".  You are not on some beta stage to declare that the popular anti-virus software may not be compatible. It is not client's job to "make sure that the game is operating within an anti-virus environment". The big fish on the anti-viral market are: Microsoft, McAffee, BitDefender, Norton, Kaspersky (afaik sanctioned in the USA). It is the software developer's job to either make your software compatible, or, (as I imagine this scenario in my head) to negotiate directly your software with an anti-virus developers to "make" it compatible.

Usually I'm really patient on ppl who are clueless but seriously who do you ppl employ as tech support, yes I know w11 is a beta Os and may not be supported but why do I bother to send a ticket offering help, feedback or even answering your reply asking for random stuff cos it's noted that your tech support is lost or don't give a damn.

After 3 days of email exchange with different ppl, now some brilliant smart guy answer: Oh! we just found your problem you are using windows 11 and it's not supported. bye.

Is that guy even reading the whole thread of emails that were sent??? YES WINDOWS 11 IS ON BETA... I know newton, you just discover a new planet by email...

@Juji or @Hime or any other can just answer if the devs are looking on this issue or just don't if the answer is Korea don't give a damn and we can't do anything cos NWest is just hand tied cos devs are not looking why w11 is not working.

Well why do ppl keep playing. let's all get that NC don't care and we just uninstall or move our wallets patience and love for mmorpgs to other place.

BTW I can still play the game on another machine, but if I'm loosing my time as beta tester is to TEST and give FEEDBACK to Microsoft and whoever I want to help them improve their software as I can.

Microsft insider program isn't made for production ... You can test it but it's not recomanded to use on a production PC ... 
You gaming pc can be see as production pc ... That's why insider program get larger support than production version ... 

NCSoft do his best, I'm sure, but they can't support OS that can change from now to when it goes to official version ... 

7 hours ago, Mariee said:

Microsft insider program isn't made for production ... You can test it but it's not recomanded to use on a production PC ... 
You gaming pc can be see as production pc ... That's why insider program get larger support than production version ... 

NCSoft do his best, I'm sure, but they can't support OS that can change from now to when it goes to official version ... 

I know that betas and insider program is not for normal use, but I have 5 dif machines and yeah in my work only pc is not installed cos I can't afford to get a random error while I charge my clients for a result.

But why do I install w11 on an everyday machine is cos you need to actually everyday use the machine to get the errors and compatibility issues pop up. 

What gets me mad is the poor answers you get from support while your ticket jumps from one guy to another. I was asking what they need to help. Send them use stats, Logs, registry and wtvr they need. I know the game is not going to be fixed soon (TM by Nc) but men this same crap happen on windows 10 release why a company does not learn form their mistakes or its so money blind that they don't care. 

The thing is w10 got also errors with L2 on it's release date, now ppl is approaching on the beta to ask them what they need to fix cos when the Os is released. if they still have same bugs is not a excuse to say is beta, cos at that point is a released product and the imposed standard for the retail sellers to sell a half ass release Os.