What now?

TheWatcher

Lineage II Aden is up and running, a project which will have Classic's fate. 

The real question is, what is going on with Live servers? I don't know if you already got the message , but people are moving to other regions or quit. So there are some concerns.

- The current state of game is endless farm in timezones. IoS, PI etc. Most farmers also doing it with lots of characters by passing over gear. The difficulty of casual players to catch up is insane and i won't even mention new players. Where is the motivation for people to catch up and make the Live servers, Alive servers? Even the big wallet players, doing their farm instances and they log out, because there is nothing else to do. 

- Where is the content for parties? And i don't mean the party exp zones, for 24/7 that only worth in exp events. What other things a party can do? Few Aden instances? One hour top? And then? 

- Where is the motivation for sieges? Most people quit and leaving, because even if they spend a lot, they are receiving milions of damage as a result from the previous years hardcore pay to win events and methods. And the most funny part, is that big whales are also cashing out and looking for their way out because there is nothing they can do to have fun according to the money they spend. 

-Is the Aden essence servers a sign for the end of NCwest Live servers? 

- Other regions put the ingame store and somehow they have balanced their economy. You have any idea of the prices that NCwest servers has? 

If you are thinking to end this journey, at least do it with some dignity.

I will be honest. 

All these "give us an ingame store" posts that keep popping up remind me of all those idiotic "make this game f2p, it's too expensive paying $45/month for my main/buffer/bd" posts that kept creeping up 11 years ago.

PS inflated ingame item prices are an incentive for you to spend more rl money to get these "rare" items. That's the NCWest model. It aint gonna change

PS2 The content is what it is. THere's no difference in the content here or in other territories. All NCWest can do is nerf what's there (make mobs stronger/make adena drops less) to make you spend more rl money to progress.

PS3 If you don't see a pattern there ...

I complained about this years ago and I see nothings changed. Looks like it's worse than ever. everyone I was friends with quit. I stuck it out longer and eventually quit a few years ago. I have been trying the new Aden server thinking it would fit my casual play times. I'm starting to see that they've put walls for gear and skills. there's literally nothing for adena . The game is dead just about.  I can't envision seeing it make 20 years. I really miss what this game used to be. I never found a game I loved as much as this one.

On 8/15/2021 at 9:43 AM, TheWatcher said:

Lineage II Aden is up and running, a project which will have Classic's fate. 

The real question is, what is going on with Live servers? I don't know if you already got the message , but people are moving to other regions or quit. So there are some concerns.

- The current state of game is endless farm in timezones. IoS, PI etc. Most farmers also doing it with lots of characters by passing over gear. The difficulty of casual players to catch up is insane and i won't even mention new players. Where is the motivation for people to catch up and make the Live servers, Alive servers? Even the big wallet players, doing their farm instances and they log out, because there is nothing else to do. 

- Where is the content for parties? And i don't mean the party exp zones, for 24/7 that only worth in exp events. What other things a party can do? Few Aden instances? One hour top? And then? 

- Where is the motivation for sieges? Most people quit and leaving, because even if they spend a lot, they are receiving milions of damage as a result from the previous years hardcore pay to win events and methods. And the most funny part, is that big whales are also cashing out and looking for their way out because there is nothing they can do to have fun according to the money they spend. 

-Is the Aden essence servers a sign for the end of NCwest Live servers? 

- Other regions put the ingame store and somehow they have balanced their economy. You have any idea of the prices that NCwest servers has? 

If you are thinking to end this journey, at least do it with some dignity.

i imagine l2 live has 2-3 years left for sure.  past that, depends how much ncsoft ruins the game more.

Nostalgia got the better of me and I tried the game again, oh boy.... I played at launch for C0 and C1, just to give you an idea of what my frame of reference is.
Played a few hours, fast leveling to level 35, free D grade gear (I remember struggling for that). Those few hours have been boring, incredibly so, there is simply no content left in there. Of course you can't replace the massive amount of people from back then (and the countless Chinese Adena farmers). Did try the classic server before that but eh....
Honestly I don't see anything left, the magic is gone, I'll only have my memories. I had more fun playing solo on a illegal server with xp and drops x50. Oh well.

• Like 1

I would like GM to make a price list of items & also the value of Ncoin for adena price so that new players are not scammed .. I try to sell ncoins and I always receive the same PM "4kk each offer , top price", mostly from Heroes persons .. which I am not going to sell at that price, so I would like that if you can make a list it would help the community a lot and there would be no price exaggerated. That my opinion idk if is correct but I would like to have an idea as they do in other games like Blizzard for example ..I don't think it's too much to ask, it would just take a little time to analyze and indicate a right value to the items or Ncoins.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lyfiasama said:

I would like GM to make a price list of items & also the value of Ncoin for adena price so that new players are not scammed .. I try to sell ncoins and I always receive the same PM "4kk each offer , top price", mostly from Heroes persons .. which I am not going to sell at that price, so I would like that if you can make a list it would help the community a lot and there would be no price exaggerated. That my opinion idk if is correct but I would like to have an idea as they do in other games like Blizzard for example ..I don't think it's too much to ask, it would just take a little time to analyze and indicate a right value to the items or Ncoins.

The Heroes are the most greedy ones ;) I always skip those PMs.

• Like 1

market prices & item availability went nuclear, good thing it's summer so we can do better things with our time ;)

let's check back in autumn/winter when Death Knight update is out and there's at least a few days something new and possibly fun to explore

• Haha 1

On 8/22/2021 at 10:36 PM, Lyfiasama said:

One advice, just block them ... /Block "name" will be of much use to you, you don't need them, but they need you, it is no longer a game for those people, it is a job .. RMT .. sell ur price is your money ..