Archer skills

Hellbender

I basically only use 3 types of archer skills when I am playing and these are at about +18.

I have lots of items (artifacts, jewels, talismans, clothing etc) to aid in attack's.

Question is, my mind always told me "power" would kill much quicker but now getting told to use "break" instead.

Opinions please.

I just did a test last week, fresh 105 archer, pinpoint leveled to +10.  I had tons of the green books to swap +10 so I stayed w/ that number.   I did 20 shots w/ break learned and compared to 20 shots with power learned at a naked 118.  Now, like you said, every one was telling me break, but the test showed power was doing a lot more damage, almost 50% more.  Does this change as the +++ goes up on the skill, I can not answer that.  A lot of top archers won't tell you their view, I'd love to get some other points of view.  BUt after the test, I went with power.

1 minute ago, Degus said:

I just did a test last week, fresh 105 archer, pinpoint leveled to +10.  I had tons of the green books to swap +10 so I stayed w/ that number.   I did 20 shots w/ break learned and compared to 20 shots with power learned at a naked 118.  Now, like you said, every one was telling me break, but the test showed power was doing a lot more damage, almost 50% more.  Does this change as the +++ goes up on the skill, I can not answer that.  A lot of top archers won't tell you their view, I'd love to get some other points of view.  BUt after the test, I went with power.

i think you need to see how a full item yul scales with the -pdef adjustment of break.  I am unsure if this has been tested after the tyr update that changed how stats behaved tho.

i have done similar tests on my main dagger vs 105 daggers, and things behave differently ;)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, XxArmindaxX said:

A break works well for me in my dual but it is 110 yul MS but personally the yul class is very prostituted only worth if you go with a lot of dmg and that is to throw VISA in these servers

I get more damage performance with fewer items with my main othell WR 114 .......... but that's just my opinion

i like turtles

Power ignores pdef it doesn't make your attack hit harder.

So a good test isn't against someone not wearing armor because it wont make a difference.  Difference in hitting someone like they aren't wearing Armour.

So for example on pinpoint it ignores 30% on its base, 7%? on a +10 maybe more and if they hit with bulllseye with hex on it would be like someone isn't wearing armor when they get hit by pinpoint

16 hours ago, Degus said:

testing break on a naked toon is failtesting. Test on an npc, or a geared toon. Naked toons don't have much pdef for break to ignore

6 hours ago, Slycutter said:

Power ignores pdef it doesn't make your attack hit harder.

As I'm not sure I agree here, there are some valid points every one made, didn't have time last night but I'll try to do a better test today after work.   Happy to take any advice on the skill/target to hit.  Remember, +10 is easy to change so trying to stick with that.   What about the training dummies on talking island, good target?

some those hold true and there is still the str vs dex argument since we cannot see skill crit rate or crit damage power in general a lot is still argument.

Most post 110 archers do have that at least 100 Dex / 140 STR some are heavy on str past that to 155 or higher some are dex 120 or higher but min level is still that 100 dex / 140 str for 110+.

I never thought or enchant decoy or flash for Olympiad, anyone know how long the flash buff for Patk last?  I mean extra patk for skill you use against classes that hide is always an added bonus for little cost.