Yet another warning on the shady practices used on the current paid event

BurnCycle

It's becoming common the use of shady click baits, that are illegal but for some reason NCsoft keeps employing them, to capture the attention of players into seduce them to pay for their events.

On the current one, it's very clear some of there shady click baits, but some of the players seem to ignore some of them until it's too late. So to help them out let me point out some of them:
1. The Rewards - This is being used for ages and it's the less "illegal" of them all because, well they can do it. What is it? It's making a prize list with tons of really good items that are locked to the players by incredible low chances of actually getting them. It is illegal, so illegal that in Korea they are now forced to publish the reward chances in their website. If you want to check it out you will find out that the majority of this top rewards have 0.00005% chances. Dragon weapon ones are even lower. So keep in mind that, if you gonna play this event, chances are you are going to loose money/value/adena on it.

2. Changed reward positions - This is by far the most illegal of the click baits used by NCSoft. So illegal that i'm not even sure how they are doing it without any repercussions. Basically it consists in putting a rare chance of get item (usually something players really want) on the lower part of the list of rewards. Usually in this events you put the rewards in the list from the rarest item to the most common item. What they do is put a rare item to make people think its an easily obtainable item when it is not. A good example of this is the Advanced Stable Scroll: Enchant Cloak - Legendary item that is in a lower position then the a Talisman of Longing, so players will think they will get a better chance of getting it than a Talisman of longing. That is not true, it's a form of click bait that NCSoft been using some times to seduce players into their games.

3. The event crafting system - This is a new thing to us, so people might get hooked by it. Basically they create this system where you can craft stuff that are useful to the players. So far so good, but the problem is that the items you use are obtained by opening boxes and you don't even get one per box! To make things worse this items are untradable AND the chances of getting the crafted item are of 5%-10%!!!! It's a pure click bait because there is no way using this system will get you the wanted item cheaper or even closer to what you would spend in the market to get it. Pure click bait.

Just a few thing to take in consideration before playing this events. Have fun!

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, BurnCycle said:

. The event crafting system - This is a new thing to us, so people might get hooked by it. Basically they create this system where you can craft stuff that are useful to the players. So far so good, but the problem is that the items you use are obtained by opening boxes and you don't even get one per box! To make things worse this items are untradable AND the chances of getting the crafted item are of 5%-10%!!!! It's a pure click bait because there is no way using this system will get you the wanted item cheaper or even closer to what you would spend in the market to get it. Pure click bait.

Yep. As soon as I looked at it decided I'm done giving my money away to NCSoft.

Last 2 events, spent over 3k and got absolutly nothing. I dont get it, the game is already lobsided in items that the top 1% has and of course they are also the main people winning even more. Hmm wonder how that is? Anyways, after playing almost 20 years and never one time winning one top event prize I guess it's time to wake up and quit giving my money away.

• Thanks 2

35 minutes ago, BurnCycle said:

If you want to check it out you will find out that the majority of this top rewards have 0.00005% chances

From where u got this info????

if u have Bad luck doesnt mean event is bad.... for example me , this last events was really good alots of ítems/profit???

35 minutes ago, BurnCycle said:

To make things worse this items are untradable

This should be a permanent option for all new incoming events !!! For all rmt's players who play with more then 50/60 accs or more ...can't Abuse/Exploit of the System so +1 on this event hope more event with that option untradeable!!

I only see NCsoft vs bots/RMT's and some ppl appear and cry on forums coincidence ???

9 minutes ago, Billz said:

if u have Bad luck doesnt mean event is bad.... for example me , this last events was really good alots of ítems/profit???

This should be a permanent option for all new incoming events !!! For all rmt's players who play with more then 50/60 accs or more ...can't Abuse/Exploit of the System so +1 on this event hope more event with that option untradeable!!

I only see NCsoft vs bots/RMT's and some ppl appear and cry on forums coincidence ???

I'm not going to reply to attacks, but about the chances, you can check the Korean website:
https://pm.plaync.co.kr/lineage2shop/

It's in maintenance atm but they have there the chances of each item in all loot boxes they make available. (Forced by the Korean government)
And i'm not talking about the previous event. I do agree that event was of value for the players.

30 minutes ago, Billz said:

1st u only cant see anything if u see nc vs bot/rmts then and 2nd learn to understand what u reading

1 minute ago, fademist said:

1st u only cant see anything if u see nc vs bot/rmts then and 2nd learn to understand what u reading

Big words wof wof ....the most important they need to fix is an anti-bot/vpns. And make more ítems untradeable. RMT's can't sell ítems is a big step on this game

Just now, Billz said:

Big words wof wof ....the most important they need to fix is an anti-bot/vpns. And make more ítems untradeable. RMT's can't sell ítems is a big step on this game

1st wof wof say it to ur friends..2nd want for ur master to die from hunger? 3rd ncsoft and rmt holding hands more than a decade

3 minutes ago, fademist said:

1st wof wof say it to ur friends..2nd want for ur master to die from hunger? 3rd ncsoft and rmt holding hands more than a decade

I have no Master I don't lick any balls here like u do.... wof wof go lick to ando KEWK

Events like the last one (slayers) really hurt RMTs. Dragon weapons now cost 20% what they used to cost a month ago, RMT loses.

The only ones that lose from untradeable items and silly predatory events like the current one are the players

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Mete said:

Events like the last one (slayers) really hurt RMTs. Dragon weapons now cost 20% what they used to cost a month ago, RMT loses.

The only ones that lose from untradeable items and silly predatory events like the current one are the players

Ofc hurts to them alot ,now ppl who never kill a dragón or never Will do Dragon's (cause same ppl killing for over years ) with that event alots of ppl who Buy Ncoins got dw.

U thing Will be not a exploit of jewels for botles or others if event tradeable ??

5 minutes ago, socketka said:

make all items untradable so free2play players can finally quit and rich whales can compare their tralalas please

Or RMT's can't sell anything leave the Game wof wof that would be funny too PogU

6 minutes ago, Billz said:

Ofc hurts to them alot ,now ppl who never kill a dragón or never Will do Dragon's (cause same ppl killing for over years ) with that event alots of ppl who Buy Ncoins got dw.

U thing Will be not a exploit of jewels for botes if event tradeable ??

first of all, Bots are so 2007. We are all bots. We all set auto combat and go sleep, eat, to the gym, to the bar etc

Secondly, I think the current event is insanely predatory. It hides the real cost of those untradeable jewels behind random drops from a gatcha box, which you then have to combine at a 10% success rate to get the jewel you want. And I feel terrible that a game I have enjoyed, and played on and off for 18 years has sunk THAT low. There's mobile joke games that haven't hit the bottom of that particular barrel yet, L2 has.

Thirdly I think untradeable items make NCWest a monopoly in item supply. That means NCWest can decide that you need to spend 1000, 2000 or 20,000/month to play, because there is no other way to get the items you need. There is no market. There's just a monopoly supplier. And no I don't want that.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Mete said:

first of all, Bots are so 2007. We are all bots. We all set auto combat and go sleep, eat, to the gym, to the bar etc

Secondly, I think the current event is insanely predatory. It hides the real cost of those untradeable jewels behind random drops from a gatcha box, which you then have to combine at a 10% success rate to get the jewel you want. And I feel terrible that a game I have enjoyed, and played on and off for 18 years has sunk THAT low. There's mobile joke games that haven't hit the bottom of that particular barrel yet, L2 has.

Thirdly I think untradeable items make NCWest a monopoly in item supply. That means NCWest can decide that you need to spend 1000, 2000 or 20,000/month to play, because there is no other way to get the items you need. There is no market. There's just a monopoly supplier. And no I don't want that.

We have different opinions that it is a bot .. with your logic everyone is a bot , I am not a bot I do not use any illegal programs or achieve multiple accounts cause I don't live of these no need farm all with 100 or more accs to sell vía discord/website to get money , I play for fun. 

10% chance to 1 acc sux. 10% bots acc = unlimited ítems so more money for them.

And if u can't afford $$$ on these Game ur playing wrong Game cause this is to pay2play .. if want f2p go find other thing.

Problem I think lies in communication or the lack of it, I love some theories and I think devs in east asia have no clue whats going on here :D

They seem to have no clue what happened with the transfers, all these weird bans, so makes you wonder for the future. If I was at the end of this transfer fiasco I would be going mental, even though I had a laugh, its not really funny if it happens to you. They should just rollback, give everyone golden balls and we keep playing.

There is so many problems in the game, but recently you just look at these events and I remember all of them from years ago, they just keep recycling them. I dont think they give us the "real" events.

Remember, opening boxes or anything money-related is completely voluntarily.It is also a way to gain unfair advantage over other players, so if you lose off it, don't feel disappointed, but try again and again and again, as you do anyway if you have started on that route.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, BurnCycle said:

The goal of this topic is to warn players of some shady tactics used by NCSoft and not talk about bots or some other RMT fantasies that trollers like @Billzare trying to throw at this topic. Please keep the replies related to the matter.

If you think it's fantasy then we're playing different games.

I have seen the same CHRONOS Hero tyrr logging more than 20 sellers on giran Town.

He plays all 3 servers (Live , Classic , Aden) In the 3 servers he farm all the top items and sell via rmt.... Prob is a fantasy mine as you said .

But facts u can Open the discord trades or read the Hero spam he sell 24/7 all time , when pm he's invite you to discord to talk and want to trade for real money the ítems... Yeah is "My fantasy" and Even if u report with screenshots staff don't do anything and the guy still playing...