1T Adena Limit - Solution Proposal

Acsa

Hi,

I post this topic to propose a solution for the 1T Adena Limit, since no changes are done to eliminate this limit thinking it might be a technical problem, I would like to sugest a solution that many countries adopt with their local curencys during inflation. That is:

• Currency Redenomination: reducing the 0s, but keeping the value.

What it means, as an example: 

• 1000 Adena to transform into 1 Adena, so anything that was being sold for 10.000 Adena, now to have a price of 10 Adena.
  • If a mob was droping 34.000 Adena, now to drop 34 Adena.

It will be hard at the begining for people to adapt to this type of conversion, but is a good way to solve the problem and to not have anymore risks of being Scammed on very valuable items, if it works at a country level, for sure will work for Lineage II.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Acsa said:

Hi,

I post this topic to propose a solution for the 1T Adena Limit, since no changes are done to eliminate this limit thinking it might be a technical problem, I would like to sugest a solution that many countries adopt with their local curencys during inflation. That is:

• 1000 Adena to transform into 1 Adena, so anything that was being sold for 10.000 Adena, now to have a price of 10 Adena.

It will be hard at the begining for people to adapt to this type of conversion, but is a good way to solve the problem and to not have anymore risks of being Scammed on very valuable items, if it works at a country level, for sure will work for Lineage II.

Just makes the promise worse and causes further inflation.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Slycutter said:

Just makes the promise worse and causes further inflation.

Correct, until people adapt to the new currency the inflation will explode because the conversion will be done wrong in their head, without 3 zeros the items will not be seen as valuable as they were before.

It will regulate with time when sells will drop drasticly due to the change because all the game's adena will change and people will adapt to the new numbers slowly.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Acsa said:

Hi,

We know it won't be a good way, as high level players will only raise the prices even higher as in their minds with this withdrawal of the 0s they will see it as a "loss" of value and charge even more for the item.

WOW Guys i cant understand you at all,first of all u can buy EVENT items ( anything with ncoins ) and trade it + adena, let's say u have to pay 1.1T u pay 999b + 100 event box worth 1b each.

Second let's say  1.1T again u pay 1T + a item worth around 100b like a +7 cloak or what the hell u have there worth around 100b and than u buy IT Back. i never had any problems deal with any ammount and i sold alot of 4T+ items. Who asks for only adena and to give him upfront anything,just skip and find another seller.

GL trading and be smart.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

This doesn't work, since there are too many things that require or give adena. It's too much work involving a lot of potential risks of exploits and bugs that will completely destroy the market.

There is no simple solution to the inflation, but the easier one is adena sinks.

• Like 1

Why bring something back, like Ancient Adena?  Or Create another type of currently that you purchase with Adena? Then you can convert your current Adena to the new Adena with out changing server settings.

4 hours ago, ThermalTank said:

Why bring something back, like Ancient Adena?  Or Create another type of currently that you purchase with Adena? Then you can convert your current Adena to the new Adena with out changing server settings.

They never deleted my Ancient Adena... How about Adena Chests in Common Craft, for a small fee you can Craft tradeable, stacking Adena Chests with 10B, 50B, 100B or 500B and if you ever need loose Adena just open a Chest. The problem with a NEW currency is if there isn't a sink for it(the charge for High level Craft @ Shadai or Denign etc) then the value won't be stable as NPC's sell price is Base value plus Tax, and NPC's buy price is 1/2 Base value minus Tax... so why not stick to common items which always have value like Gemstones/Crystals/Elcyum.