The best Anti-Bot system

Maquiavelika

A simple GUI added to the game ... Every hour a window with Captcha will appear in the corner of the screen, without disturbing the player, a message in the window saying, "repeat the words of the captcha challenge or your game will be closed in 10 minutes"
Eventually, those who own personal stores, are fishing, can buy by ncoin an item that allows fishing and private store in offline mode.

21 minutes ago, Maquiavelika said:

A simple GUI added to the game ... Every hour a window with Captcha will appear in the corner of the screen, without disturbing the player, a message in the window saying, "repeat the words of the captcha challenge or your game will be closed in 10 minutes"
Eventually, those who own personal stores, are fishing, can buy by ncoin an item that allows fishing and private store in offline mode.

One of the dumbest idea i saw on forum...let me tell you something, many ppl just admire town architecture and from time to time speak on clan chat, and how about if I go to walk dogs 15 min just before message appear? or eat, or go to bathroom, or whatever 15 min. Do you even realize how annoying this captcha can be? Is not enough we have email verification (a pain in the ass for pl with dynamic IP)?
And this is not even an antibot system, we are warried about live players who use cheats like clicker to enter dragon, bot during pvp(map,target preference-healer first).

Now say: 'thank you Pleistoros for the time you spare to write on my thread, next time i will think more about consequences!'

Edited by Pleistoros

11 hours ago, Pleistoros said:

One of the dumbest idea i saw on forum.

Imagine this captcha in the middle of pvp or when you must eat maphr scroll in few seconds...

What's more: it was already implemented at certain l2 servers years ago, and of course, was fast and easily bypassed by all bots.

yeah.. very bad suggestion as there are many bypass captcha  scripts out there.. google is your friend..

best system is just machine learning put on top of the servers log files - big data analytics which btw NC does have but apparently it's to "expensive" so they like to go with half assed solutions that cost a fraction of that..

• 8 months later...