Stop to allow 10 clients per account.

Joliet

7 hours ago, Mete said:

meh, I disagree. The problem is the 394823098423048 idiots parked in frot of redlibra/buff npcs. 10 clients is fine, saves running multiple pcs to do what you need to do.

The fact you even need that many toons going to play stats there is a core prob with the game.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Mete said:

meh, I disagree. The problem is the 394823098423048 idiots parked in frot of redlibra/buff npcs. 10 clients is fine, saves running multiple pcs to do what you need to do.

If you need 10 clients "to do what you need to do" you've got a problem.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hello all. I checked in with the team regarding the reason of the last three nightly server crashes on Chronos. We discovered a server issue unreleated to the recent client limit changes. During maintenance today, we will be making improvements to try and avoid future crashes.

Rownen @ discord

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Mete said:

Hello all. I checked in with the team regarding the reason of the last three nightly server crashes on Chronos. We discovered a server issue unreleated to the recent client limit changes. During maintenance today, we will be making improvements to try and avoid future crashes.

Rownen @ discord

Today lag is hell, I'am not agree with this response. They need back to 3 clients per account. 

• Like 1

On 12/4/2023 at 1:00 AM, Erica28 said:

The fact you even need that many toons going to play stats there is a core prob with the game.

As right as that may be, killing the solution does not solve the problem.

The game requires you to play multiple chars in order to advance, no question there: party matching is empty so you need more than 1 char to farm / you need to make adena, so you need a few shops / you need mats for upgrades, so you need a few fishers / you need recharge stones, so you need to level mentees. You  don't need to play multiple chars only if you accept you will never advance at a decent pace or you are willing to pay a lot of money for it.

So we have a problem, the way the game is designed forces a player to play multiple chars, and the only decent solution is the 10 client limit, and what do you ask for? Kill the solution and keep the problem... Sorry, but that doesn't make sense.

On the other hand, the 3 client limit was introduced in an attempt to eliminate melee lag - it didn't, therefore the client limit does not generate lag! The other 2 versions have the same limit - no lag there (once again proof that the client limit is not the cause for lag)! Devs themselves tested and the result was clear - 10 client limit does not generate lag!

Raising the client limit does not necessarily increase the number of chars, since people (including myself) were already playing multiple toons from more laptops (3 in my case) - the only certain result is no more using multiple laptops in order to play the same number of chars.

Exactly what Domi001 is saying here.

We have to face it, we have to (unfortunately) run multiple characters in order to advance.

Many people allready were doing so by using more than one computers. I ll agree that now is much easier to log multiple toon since you go straight from one computer.

In general its very suspicious that we hear voices against 10 clients and we dont hear voices about lowering the prices of nc Coins, boxes, lower the xp needed for lvls such as 115-118 etc.

The only player who would benefit from 10 clients per computer is the market makers, such as Arturious, who runs the Chronos economy. Now he won't need 10 computers to run 30 greedy dwarf shops in Giran and Aden. He only need 3. Great savings on operational cost for him. Perhaps he should pass some of the gains back to the players by offering SMALL PRICE GAP between Einhasad Coin and Adena? Reason why everything is so inflated in adena is due to the bubble created by unfair price gouging that start from market place. We need a grip on this to turn things around toward better and make this game great again, especially for the new players. One thing for sure, Lineage 2 will never die as it has proven its superiority over other mmo games over the years. That I am certain of. Big question is what can we do collectively as community to punish and reward greedy self serving players or honest and fair liquidity providers like, J ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 12/8/2023 at 10:48 AM, Domi001 said:

As right as that may be, killing the solution does not solve the problem.

The game requires you to play multiple chars in order to advance, no question there: party matching is empty so you need more than 1 char to farm / you need to make adena, so you need a few shops / you need mats for upgrades, so you need a few fishers / you need recharge stones, so you need to level mentees. You  don't need to play multiple chars only if you accept you will never advance at a decent pace or you are willing to pay a lot of money for it.

So we have a problem, the way the game is designed forces a player to play multiple chars, and the only decent solution is the 10 client limit, and what do you ask for? Kill the solution and keep the problem... Sorry, but that doesn't make sense.

On the other hand, the 3 client limit was introduced in an attempt to eliminate melee lag - it didn't, therefore the client limit does not generate lag! The other 2 versions have the same limit - no lag there (once again proof that the client limit is not the cause for lag)! Devs themselves tested and the result was clear - 10 client limit does not generate lag!

Raising the client limit does not necessarily increase the number of chars, since people (including myself) were already playing multiple toons from more laptops (3 in my case) - the only certain result is no more using multiple laptops in order to play the same number of chars.

And you wonder why "party matching" is empty? Hello, it's because so many people have their own ARMY of toons!  Where's the fun in that?  Being in a party is what made L2 fun! Maybe you don't remember those days long gone, but I for one, prefer being in a party with "live" people... it's about communicating with people and being involved, rather than going afk for hours on end. Would you go afk during a castle siege or raid? Try interacting with people rather than being as AFK zombie.

On 12/3/2023 at 11:01 AM, Joliet said:

Lags, dc, server heavy. 
Stop to allow 10 clients per account, it has no sense, tired to play with heavy lags, dc, server down.
Please, back to 3 clients max per account.

@Hermes @Rownen 

please allow just one client  3 is to much and hard to get pt with buffer healer  its time back to  roots xd if someone want 10 they should pay subscribtion YES its best idea 1 acc one subscription its fair

• Like 1

All I see from all those guys is this:

Allow 1 client so that we can sell adenas run out bot parties w/o any problem get profit and let the rest guyz rot.

So just keep the 10 clients up so we can finally make a blow to all those rmt sellers once and for all.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 12/13/2023 at 3:10 AM, Sharlanna said:

And you wonder why "party matching" is empty? Hello, it's because so many people have their own ARMY of toons!  Where's the fun in that?  Being in a party is what made L2 fun! Maybe you don't remember those days long gone, but I for one, prefer being in a party with "live" people... it's about communicating with people and being involved, rather than going afk for hours on end. Would you go afk during a castle siege or raid? Try interacting with people rather than being as AFK zombie.

I don't know about you, but most people have jobs, obligations, families, hobbies, sports, generally called a life outside this automated grind game. Other than that, there is no situation outside pvp (and maybe some end-game content), but none whatsoever, where playing manually outperforms a macro. Active play is gone, since those long gone days you mention, things have changed and we are playing a different game, either we like it or not. It is not possible, effective or even sane to play activelly in a farming party. What do you expect, people to set up a party, turn on the macro and then sit in front of the monitor and stare at it in order to have your active play? That can't be right in any scenario you can think of, for any normal person... Do you need to communicate with people, are you looking for socializing? There are far better options than the l2 chat, trust me...

Regarding the party matching, is it emptier now than before the raise of the limit? Obviously not, and it will stay the same even with 1 client limit. And the reasons for that are quite simple for anybody who uses half of brain: first one, for the reasons above it is not efficient, and secondly, you depend on other people in a party, and that is not a situation you can control. People get d/c, leave without announcing or you simply can't find replacement, and you end up spending more time trying to put the party together than actually playing, or even more. Is this right? Maybe not, but you need to farm 24/7 in order to get anywhere in this game, and that simply can't be done the way you want it.

Since you mention nothing of the other aspects of the game that require multiple clients (I imagine they are of no interest to you, but quite necessary for the game), may I suggest as a solution to your discontent finding a constant party? 

People generally don't need more than 3 chars in order to avoid actively looking for parties, and people who what to play more, simply get a cheap machine to run them, it's not the 3 client limit that stops them.

Any way you look at it, the client limit does not influence active gameplay or party forming, and does not affect people who want to play by themselfs. What you ask for will not get you what you want, and simple evidence is that the situation was not different when the 3 client limit was in force.

On 12/15/2023 at 2:16 PM, Domi001 said:

I don't know about you, but most people have jobs, obligations, families, hobbies, sports, generally called a life outside this automated grind game. Other than that, there is no situation outside pvp (and maybe some end-game content), but none whatsoever, where playing manually outperforms a macro. Active play is gone, since those long gone days you mention, things have changed and we are playing a different game, either we like it or not. It is not possible, effective or even sane to play activelly in a farming party. What do you expect, people to set up a party, turn on the macro and then sit in front of the monitor and stare at it in order to have your active play? That can't be right in any scenario you can think of, for any normal person... Do you need to communicate with people, are you looking for socializing? There are far better options than the l2 chat, trust me...

Regarding the party matching, is it emptier now than before the raise of the limit? Obviously not, and it will stay the same even with 1 client limit. And the reasons for that are quite simple for anybody who uses half of brain: first one, for the reasons above it is not efficient, and secondly, you depend on other people in a party, and that is not a situation you can control. People get d/c, leave without announcing or you simply can't find replacement, and you end up spending more time trying to put the party together than actually playing, or even more. Is this right? Maybe not, but you need to farm 24/7 in order to get anywhere in this game, and that simply can't be done the way you want it.

Since you mention nothing of the other aspects of the game that require multiple clients (I imagine they are of no interest to you, but quite necessary for the game), may I suggest as a solution to your discontent finding a constant party? 

People generally don't need more than 3 chars in order to avoid actively looking for parties, and people who what to play more, simply get a cheap machine to run them, it's not the 3 client limit that stops them.

Any way you look at it, the client limit does not influence active gameplay or party forming, and does not affect people who want to play by themselfs. What you ask for will not get you what you want, and simple evidence is that the situation was not different when the 3 client limit was in force.

You poor thing. You haven't a clue as to how to have "fun" in L2. Why are you even playing? Simple question. Yea yea, log in your 10 toons, walk away and do whatever and you come back a few hours later only to find you all dc'd and you're all dead. Have fun, dearie.

I play with 2 or 3 computers, I have my main and its buffer going all the time doing dailies or timed instance or DT. while those are going through their routines i have mentees running around doing there thing. whether i use 2 or 3 computers i use the same number of accounts. This means there are the same number of accounts using the server at all times. I Don't dc more, I don't lag more and my computers are not the best you can get by a long shot. My clan has dailies at the same time each day some times i can make it and sometimes not, but i always get to xp and do my thing. If I dc and die, i don't cry about it i sigh and get em back going again, no big deal. why do you care how many accounts everyone has going? I like to play different toons, even if they are low geared, it's a "game" i enjoy playing. Stop blaming others for your problems....

Lag - maybe get higher speed internet or a better computer....

DC - why is the server to blame? it doesnt always happen to all of us, maybe its your provider...

Can't get a party - maybe not everyone wants to wait for a party to start, maybe they already did it, maybe you exclude them cus they too low or high....

I'm happy i still get to play Lineage 2, I still like it after 19 years, it still has problems I have to work around, but its still fun for me. 1 client, 3 clients, 10 clients or even 20, I don't care.

Have fun in game everyone :)

13 hours ago, Sharlanna said:

You poor thing. You haven't a clue as to how to have "fun" in L2. Why are you even playing? Simple question. Yea yea, log in your 10 toons, walk away and do whatever and you come back a few hours later only to find you all dc'd and you're all dead. Have fun, dearie.

Do I sense a hint of superiority complex? Calling a complete stranger on the internet "dearie" and "poor thing" says a lot more about you, than about the person you know nothing about, you know... I, for one, find it curious how a simple conversation with logical arguments opposing your request triggers what looks like a defense mechanism associated with feelings of inferiority, but that's for you to consider.

How do you know what other people consider "fun"? Why do you try to impose your notion of fun to others? I find no fun in spending half of my free time (which i have extremely little of) trying to find a party, which brakes after 30 minutes for various reason and then i have to start all over again. I'd rather spend that time with my family, if that's ok with you...

Why should everybody play the way you want, and not in a manner that caters both to you, and the others? In case my arguments were not clear: the 3 client limit rule does NOT force people who don't want to play in a party, do that, just like DarkSingularity pointed out (why would you even want to play with people forced to play with you by a rule you ask for?). It also does NOT change the fact that most of the game turned into a mindless press of a series of buttons, that no sane person would ever subject him/herself to, aknowledged even by the devs who introduced the auto-hunt system. I played the game when active play was the only option, and it is NOT that game anymore, the only option is to get used to it. 

I get it, you are lonely, you seek companionship, but L2 is not the place. This game is extremely competitive, and requires a lot of resources in order to keep progressing (may they be money, time, planning, strategy). Just find a group of people that share your opinions and considerations about the time spent in the game, and let the others (the majority) play the way they want also.

The way I was raised, it is considered impolite to talk down to people, even more so without even knowing them. Not to mention trying to forcely impose your opinion without addressing the rational reasons in the conversation. But what do I know, I'm just a poor thing that's been waiting to be taught what "fun" is, right?