What we need to make this succeed.

Hustling

Hey @Juji, long time no see use to post a lot and chat quite a bit with you in the past years. One of my fav lineage 2 devs. Asskissing aside, lets get to business.

We want a healthy launch, and a healthy server that'll last for at least half a decade. Things we need to make that happen I'll list below. Whether or not we follow such a list is entirely up to NCSoft and this community.

Steps for server successes;
1) Make 1 server NA primetime based for PST/EST, and 1 server for Euro primetime based (brit/german time).
2) Do not hasten the introductions to the chronicles, do not introduce too much in the initial chronicle release, and do not introduce certain aspects of them that were unpopular in the initial launches.
3) Create better cash shop options, such as costumes, cool glowing weapon skins, unique name colorings, and minor pay2win things like drop bonuses instead of exp bonuses (drop bonuses means that every1 will be fighting over the best grinding spots to make use of their drop bonuses, bringing in lots of pvp) instead of brooch type shit.
4) Ban bots, and reward players who successfully report bots with 1-7 day boosts.
5) Advertise the launch of this classic server better. The stream, twitter, facebook, and forum thread is not enough. Try a commercial on television, or an ad that links to other popular mmo google keywords, etc, to really get this info out there.
6) Never merge the servers into Chronos/Naia, NEVER.
7) No instances.

Do all 7 of the above and you'll have a long and healthy server.

My only worry is that you guys won't do as I suggest and I'll waste 1-2 years on this server and you'll close/merge it. Please do it properly. If you do I'll buy you something you want off amazon wishlist @Juji

See you all on the L2 battlefields.

Sincerely,

Hustling/AlwaysSaltyAF; King of Games.

7 minutes ago, Hustling said:

Hey @Juji, long time no see use to post a lot and chat quite a bit with you in the past years. One of my fav lineage 2 devs. Asskissing aside, lets get to business.

We want a healthy launch, and a healthy server that'll last for at least half a decade. Things we need to make that happen I'll list below. Whether or not we follow such a list is entirely up to NCSoft and this community.

1) Make 1 server NA primetime based for PST/EST, and 1 server for Euro primetime based (brit/german time).
2) Do not hasten the introductions to the chronicles, do not introduce too much in the initial chronicle release, and do not introduce certain aspects of them that were unpopular in the initial launches.
3) Create better cash shop options, such as costumes, cool glowing weapon skins, unique name colorings, and minor pay2win things like drop bonuses instead of exp bonuses (drop bonuses means that every1 will be fighting over the best grinding spots to make use of their drop bonuses, bringing in lots of pvp) instead of brooch type shit.
4) Ban bots, and reward players who successfully report bots with 1-7 day boosts.
5) Advertise the launch of this classic server better. The stream, twitter, facebook, and forum thread is not enough. Try a commercial on television, or an ad that links to other popular mmo google keywords, etc, to really get this info out there.

Do all 6 of the above and you'll have a long and healthy server.

My only worry is that you guys won't do as I suggest and I'll waste 1-2 years on this server and you'll close/merge it. Please do it properly. If you do I'll buy you something you want off amazon wishlist @Juji

See you all on the L2 battlefields.

Sincerely,

Hustling/AlwaysSaltyAF; King of Games.

agreed 1 pst 1 est and 1 eu server are perfect if thats what it takes, also you wont have to worry about it merging into chronos or naia it just doesnt work that way. Classic is the same game but also a different game than GOD chronicals. they wont even merge correctly.

51 minutes ago, Convict said:

please 0 instances we dont want the carebears to hide away to xp and outlvl people and then try to act like gods at end game when they didnt have to fight their way to the top

maybe im wrong but I think the only instance this version will have is Zaken.

7 hours ago, Bluephies said:

Yeah in the innova version. We have yet to see what the NCwest version will look like. Remember the Korean version is different than the innova version.

And remember there are instances in the korean version so there will  be in the NA version 99% chance.

"3) Create better cash shop options, such as costumes, cool glowing weapon skins, unique name colorings, and minor pay2win things like drop bonuses instead of exp bonuses (drop bonuses means that every1 will be fighting over the best grinding spots to make use of their drop bonuses, bringing in lots of pvp) instead of brooch type shit."

OMG, I LOVE THIS IDEA SO MUCH. PLEASE PLEASE, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD. DO THIS, PLEASE!!!

20 hours ago, Hustling said:

@Juji
@Juji

It will be pay2win no matter what, because its already f2p and all high level PvE content in Classic is balanced for this model.

There are huge problems on russian servers because of it. They have subscription based model and zero pay2win items in shop (only exp boosts), and because of it, even after 4 years high level mage parties cant exp in high level locations. Only meele groups can do something.

Same problem with raid bosses and instances. Game expects you to spend 2-3 hours for all instances like baium, antharas and elementals, but without shop boost items it takes 2-3 days. And instead of having fun, pvp and farm raids on your main mage, you need to level second character like tyrant or destr.

20 hours ago, Hustling said:

@Juji
3) Create better cash shop options, such as costumes, cool glowing weapon skins, unique name colorings, and minor pay2win things like drop bonuses instead of exp bonuses (drop bonuses means that every1 will be fighting over the best grinding spots to make use of their drop bonuses, bringing in lots of pvp) instead of brooch type shit.@Juji

VIP got increased exp and drop rate +50% , anyway, I dont like the idea to pay to have those bonuses, but w/e

On 9/21/2018 at 4:42 PM, Hustling said:

7) No instances.

1. They've already said they're considering peoples opinions on server times.
2. They've already said there will be a delayed release of important content such as Oly, Castles, etc.
3. EXP Items should always be in the cash shop, it is what will bring them revenue without breaking the game. Classic is slow, full EXP bonus its still slow. No classic has brooches and other shit, its not part of classic, stop worrying about this kind of thing.
4. This is a pipe dream, but would be nice to see some active bot management.
5. I see it advertised everywhere I go right now.
6. This would never happen anyway, GoD and Classic might as well be 2 completely different games, they will never be merged.
7. Instances exist in Classic already, they shouldn't be removed. They're not like on GoD.

It sounds like a lot of people posting have never played Classic and know nothing about it, do not compare it to GoD, and do not compare classic's L2Store to GoD's they are nothing alike. the Games are completely different.

On 9/21/2018 at 11:42 PM, Hustling said:

3) Create better cash shop options, such as costumes, cool glowing weapon skins, unique name colorings, and minor pay2win things like drop bonuses instead of exp 

awp asiimov? 9_9

Archived