Friendly Warning

Pleistoros

Heya fellow players new&returning,

Im please to see so much excitement on this forum :) but, there is always a but....here something to think about it:

"if Classic NA servers will be without subscription, considering this is a business, from where or how company ill make a proffit? "

I think I have the answer for this...check how they manage live version of the game....
-First they let you to exp and lvl a bit then they start to introduce new powerful items only thru NcoinStore
-After few months of spending money here you are trapped , addiction is allready installed and they push prices forward to next lvl.
-Prices become incredible stupid high...like for example 500 usd for a cloak or a good weapon
-Month after month they add something more to those prices
-After 1 year a non spender will be so behind and not worth playing.

And for my fellow EU players please be advice:

Q: What languages does this release support?
As with the Live version of Lineage II, we’ll be officially supporting Classic in the North America region in English only.

In the end it's the community that makes the game, not the shops.

You can moan all you want because you want to be "Professional End Game Madafaka" but this is the state of MMORPG's

WoW is launching Classic
Aion is launching Classic
Lineage 2 Is launching Classic

It's just how it is man, while there's people consuming, there's people selling.

agree with @Ferimeth you want to be top dog on the server, and you have the money. then go for it. Some of us are coming back to have fun. We're not looking to be #1 and talk trash to everyone who doesn't have a +16. no one is forcing you to play or waste money. is all up to you. I'm happy we are getting a classic server and I'm going to enjoy it.

1 hour ago, Jrock said:

agree with @Ferimeth you want to be top dog on the server, and you have the money. then go for it. Some of us are coming back to have fun. We're not looking to be #1 and talk trash to everyone who doesn't have a +16. no one is forcing you to play or waste money. is all up to you. I'm happy we are getting a classic server and I'm going to enjoy it.

I'm in this boat, for sure. I can't play like i did when I was 14-16 years old anymore. I'm strictly coming back to classic for fun. There was a time where people actually enjoyed the adventure, journey, friendships of the game rather than having the absolute most efficient CP and pushing to end game as fast a possible. I'm planning to get back to that. 

Sooo...you guys should check both the KR and the RU/EU classics.
RU and EU are missing such OP items...as far as i could see (looking at players videos) they are missing any sort of p2w items...like, no brooch, no cloak, no power talisman...
In the other hand, the KR one, it's full of p2w items. Brooch, power talisman, a weird cloak and even some sort of 'dragon pendant' and belt? No clue what those items are, tbh. 
Now...if we take as example how they managed the live server...they just take everything and put in on...so it wont be a 'surprise' if we get the full store as the KR version.

36 minutes ago, Wakka said:

Meybe the Korean version has those items because they are ahead in terms of chronicle/patch

Umhh...not sure about it. KR servers are probably ahead of our version of 1 or 2 patches. That means they are 1 year ahead of us. I'm quite sure i heard of KR classic getting the Brooch system a loong time ago...even tho, just to be sure, i should check if i can find any KR video on youtube with the old patches to see if they already had it. 

5 hours ago, Pleistoros said:

And for my fellow EU players please be advice:

Q: What languages does this release support?
As with the Live version of Lineage II, we’ll be officially supporting Classic in the North America region in English only.

It says what languages... Of course, no one wants this server to speak spanish or french or greek or whatever. But it does not say what timezones does this release support...

10 hours ago, Ferimeth said:

In the end it's the community that makes the game, not the shops.

You can moan all you want because you want to be "Professional End Game Madafaka" but this is the state of MMORPG's

WoW is launching Classic
Aion is launching Classic
Lineage 2 Is launching Classic

It's just how it is man, while there's people consuming, there's people selling.

It was just a friendly advice to temper your frenzy :) and  for me legit to say after 2-3 months "I told you so". The thing is many has change since you left this game and mby you are not up to date to NcWest tactics.
Regarding your profecy about me..im not a professional end game manafaka, im just another random casual player with good memory :). Stop making assumption about ppl when you know nothing about them.

8 hours ago, existenz said:

It says what languages... Of course, no one wants this server to speak spanish or french or greek or whatever. But it does not say what timezones does this release support...

Dont trust me? Put a ticket to support team and see their answer. Its easy.

9 hours ago, AlphaSwift said:

I'm in this boat, for sure. I can't play like i did when I was 14-16 years old anymore. I'm strictly coming back to classic for fun. There was a time where people actually enjoyed the adventure, journey, friendships of the game rather than having the absolute most efficient CP and pushing to end game as fast a possible. I'm planning to get back to that. 

You know this suit you well:

Aragorn: Why have you come?
Eowyn: Do you not know?
Aragorn: It is but a shadow and a thought that you love. I cannot give you what you seek.

• The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King

8 hours ago, xHaseo said:

Sooo...you guys should check both the KR and the RU/EU classics.
RU and EU are missing such OP items...as far as i could see (looking at players videos) they are missing any sort of p2w items...like, no brooch, no cloak, no power talisman...
In the other hand, the KR one, it's full of p2w items. Brooch, power talisman, a weird cloak and even some sort of 'dragon pendant' and belt? No clue what those items are, tbh. 
Now...if we take as example how they managed the live server...they just take everything and put in on...so it wont be a 'surprise' if we get the full store as the KR version.

Im not a profet, i might play one but still, in 1-2 month classic will have full ncstore and uber pay to win items. I cant wait  ppl start to cry on server.
Money has to come from somewhere :)

The most successful games on the internet are F2P games with cosmetic monetization systems. 

I'm ok with runes because they didn't unbalance the game too much. Your opponents buy tons of exp boosts? Go gank them. Watch them cry as their cake solos mobs, or their runes tick down in town. However cloaks, circlets, and accessories that are only available in lotto boxes are solely for management. Looking to burn the userbase for the sake of a quarterly sales bonus. Short term rent seeking behavior. Has nothing to do with making the game "successful" or turn a profit.

1 hour ago, Jackl said:

The most successful games on the internet are F2P games with cosmetic monetization systems. 

I'm ok with runes because they didn't unbalance the game too much. Your opponents buy tons of exp boosts? Go gank them. Watch them cry as their cake solos mobs, or their runes tick down in town. However cloaks, circlets, and accessories that are only available in lotto boxes are solely for management. Looking to burn the userbase for the sake of a quarterly sales bonus. Short term rent seeking behavior. Has nothing to do with making the game "successful" or turn a profit.

F2P, such a concept is not possible on NcSoft West...here is only free to log in and pay a lot to win.
You know you cant gank someone who is x10 stronger then you..simply put you die in 1 hit and = -4% exp Cha-Ching :).

Selling exp rune and cosmetics its not near enough :D You Americans earn too much, mby its time to lower your wages :D:D:D. Just wait first promo :x

@Pleistoros its really hard to understand you. You were talking about put eu players out of na servers few days ago. Now u are trying to turn "language" information to "timezone" information. U desperetely hate eu ? And dont believe that NCWest will be f2p(so am i) and now you are crying about p2w players become untouchable before server starts. If you dont want eu players / p2w server (now, you know both will be there) you are free to look forward. There is no force to make u play here. If you want f2p server go play skelth as u adviced to all eu players.

12 hours ago, PhoenixKnight said:

@Pleistoros its really hard to understand you. You were talking about put eu players out of na servers few days ago. Now u are trying to turn "language" information to "timezone" information. U desperetely hate eu ? And dont believe that NCWest will be f2p(so am i) and now you are crying about p2w players become untouchable before server starts. If you dont want eu players / p2w server (now, you know both will be there) you are free to look forward. There is no force to make u play here. If you want f2p server go play skelth as u adviced to all eu players.

Its hard to understand something when you are missing for so long. Regarding puting EU players out of NA servers I allready answer you in other thread but you dont have the capability to understand...or mby I wasnt explained so well.
I dont hate anybody dude, not EU nor NA or SA...It was a friendly warning, I did you a favor...if you are so narrow to see that then Im sorry for you.
I never complain about paying for some items since Im one of the of the customers who pay, It took me 6 years to change some ppl mentality regarding that and some still say "Donate"....deh, old habits die hard.

In the end its a free forum.... you can say whatever you want whenever you want, pls get rid of your eastern countries comunist attitude. Comunists are not welcome here.

Archived