Highlights from Live Stream

Taunt

If you have never played 'Lineage 2 Classic' and I don't mean older chronicles, but the new game type of 'Classic' then there is more info given that I won't cover here. This is more for anyone who knows what classic is, and missed all the QoL changes for NCSoft Specifically, as well as important information being passed on during the LiveStream.

1.  2 GB Launch Day Patch
    Be prepared, Juji confirmed there will be a 2GB Patch right before launch that will be required to play.

2. Level Cap is 70
    Unlike other classic servers cap will be 70 not 75. Not a huge deal this is many months off for most players.

3. Mission Rewards will Exist in our Classic 1.5 (Day One)
    That's right we will have Mission Rewards from day one, if you don't know what I mean by this, this is the system that every time you level you get an item reward you can claim, ie: Escape Scrolls, healing potions, Buff Scrolls, EXP Scrolls etc. and won't wait till classic 2.0. This is extremely important information, since now from day 1, you will have 7-day NG Armor sets and EXP boosters, as well as other bonuses.

4. Beast Shots will be in-game (Day One)
    Summoners can rejoice, you will be able to obtain Beast Shots/Spiritshots from day one, unlike other servers where this was implemented in 2.0.

5. Fishing and Clarity Stews (Day One)
    Fishing will be implemented into the game from Day 1, not from 2.0. Also they have Clarity Stews on this server in addition to Emp, so your boxed recharger can stay a SE if you like instead of a EE, and wait for Wild Magic now, instead of going EE for Clarity.

6. Catacombs from Day 1 (Sort of)
    There will be 2 Catacombs on our server for pre 70 players, starting at 65. What items these mobs drop haven't been discusses, however sealstones/AA wont exist.

7. Attendance Check-In (5 Week)
    From launch day this classic server will have an attendance check-in system similar to what is on live servers right now, you can check in daily after 30 minutes for a small reward. This will last 5 weeks according to (@Hime i think was the female co-host).

8. No Auction House
    Like all versions of classic there will be no Auction House, just player shops. Like most servers I expect Monster Derby to be one of the main hubs since its free to teleport too.

9. No Drop on Death (Confirmed)
    This is finalized and confirmed to not change. Sadly I liked this feature but this is how it is and we have to deal with it. You can still drop due to Karma, but dying to mobs will no longer happen. Devs believed it just encouraged griefing over traditional PvP and decided to remove it.

10. No Loop Macros (Confirmed)
    There will still be macros ingame, however being able to right click them to loop them has been disabled on our version of classic. This is confirmed and won't change. (Sad again, ah well lol)

11. Modified Classic Client means Community Roll-out of Updates
    This server is using the current latest Classic Client, not the original Classic 1.5 client, this means, that all future updates technically currently exist on the client ie: Runes, new zones etc. They have modified server side to remove updates/features etc to have it play as a 1.5 server with the QoL changes mention above. This allows them to monitor server progression and roll out updates on the fly without going through the typical (every 6 months new big update coming, lets test it and then roll it out) all features now will be ready working, not big test period, and no set time-frame for roll out. They monitor the server and as soon as it seems majority of the server is at a point to require new content, they can just activate it on the fly and have a small patch roll out with little to no big test periods since its already all technically working just disabled.

12. Launch Time and Official Patch Notes
    They stated in the stream they have not decided an official launch time (Time of Day) as of yet, just Oct 3. This information will be passed on later in the week along with official patch notes for this server.

Lastly, after reading about it on the forums THERE HAS BEEN NO MENTION OF AUTO LEARN SKILLS so this either doesn't exist or they forgot to mention it. I hope this feature doesn't exist as it is terrible to classic. It also doesn't exist on the live servers now so I doubt it will be here. Gotta farm those spellbooks noobs! lol Good luck with Death Whisper, we're all gonna cry.

@TauntThanks for the highlight, I hope people gets to read it and dispell some still lingering doubts.

35 minutes ago, Taunt said:

If you have never played 'Lineage 2 Classic' and I don't mean older chronicles, but the new game type of 'Classic' then there is more info given that I won't cover here. This is more for anyone who knows what classic is, and missed all the QoL changes for NCSoft Specifically, as well as important information being passed on during the LiveStream.

• Modified Classic Client means Community Roll-out of Updates
    This server is using the current latest Classic Client, not the original Classic 1.5 client, this means, that all future updates technically currently exist on the client ie: Runes, new zones etc. They have modified server side to remove updates/features etc to have it play as a 1.5 server with the QoL changes mention above. This allows them to monitor server progression and roll out updates on the fly without going through the typical (every 6 months new big update coming, lets test it and then roll it out) all features now will be ready working, not big test period, and no set time-frame for roll out. They monitor the server and as soon as it seems majority of the server is at a point to require new content, they can just activate it on the fly and have a small patch roll out with little to no big test periods since its already all technically working just disabled.

This one is specially important, to avoid confusion between players thinking that Classic US is gonna start as 1.5

2 hours ago, Sweetness said:

Oh that's not something you could do in retail 

It exists on all forms of classic, so it was expected. This is normal. Auto-learn is completely different and would mean SP is useless and spellbooks are useless. I hope they never add auto-learn skills.

Some additional notes:

No common craft. All crafting will be via dwarves

WASD movement will be available

Lv 3-4 VIP allows you to obtain Silver Coins from mobs that you can redeem for crafting materials.

Items up to B-Grade will exist Day 1

Old clan reward system (Daily Coins) will be in place

Max clan level 5 (40 members) and no academy

Can declare clan war at clan lv 3

Clan Raids feature at 60+ (isn't activated yet) it is in what used to be the monster Derby arena.

They will base content releases on average server levels

No Sieges, oly, fort Sieges at launch

No permanent clan halls at launch

No free teleports

3 client max limit

Talked about beginning event too:

5 raid bosses you can fight in parties or solo in certain hunting zones that will give you a special buff after you kill them. buff 10% patk/matk, after the buff wears off you get a loot box that gives items/crafting materials, etc

21 hours ago, Taunt said:
  1. No Drop on Death (Confirmed)
    This is finalized and confirmed to not change. Sadly I liked this feature but this is how it is and we have to deal with it. You can still drop due to Karma, but dying to mobs will no longer happen. Devs believed it just encouraged griefing over traditional PvP and decided to remove it.

WOW! They took away our "tool" to farm on BOTS, so now the server will be crowded with them and the only way to get rid of them is to wait for staff decision to ban. Smart/active players will always be aware of grievers, bots won't. Bots will destroy the server even faster this way. Please KEEP drop on death!

Smart decision removing drop on death.

Just encouraged ppl to scam others for their items with stun, fake death, anchor, silence, cancellation etc. instead of crafting their own stuff like it's supposed to be.

Drop on death will NOT help combat bots. Back in the day we had drop on death and bots were everywhere anyway. Nobody will stop what they are doing to hunt bots and try to make the mobs kill them.

Archived