Forums

holy CRAP the GM's are ridiculous PLEASE HELP ME JUJI/HIME

I get it, there's lots of support tickets and I'm not special, but at the same time, I've lost faith in the support system after GM's have ROYALLY SCREWED UP AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE REQUEST. Wtf am I supposed to do? Wait around for another 2 days while someone takes the name I reserved?

I waited around all day on launch to secure some decent names for my characters, as I'm sure many others did.

I decided to call my main "Hitler" as a joke. I'm sure most can understand that it's kind of funny to see "Hitler hit you for 900 damage", etc... The world chat possibilities, are also endless. As far as I'm concerned, Hitler is a historical figure, and naming my toon Hitler is no different than naming it "Napolean", or "GhengisKhan" or "ShakaZulu" (an actual name I've seen ingame). Apparently though, the name "Hitler" is "offensive language". TIL.

I was just trying to have a bit of fun and NC is completely killing it.

I can accept that "Hitler" is "offensive language", grudgingly. Hitler was a bad man and I get that a certain group finds any "jokes" about anything WW2 related to be in poor taste. It turns out that I suspected some lameness like this might occur, and I specifically I went through the trouble of reserving a backup name, should there be some problem with the name "Hitler".

I explained to the GM in my support ticket, that I want to swap names (they changed my main from Hitler to "ClassicName"). What they've done, is change my main to "ClassicNameInA" and the character reserving my backup name to "ClassicName", so they've basically taken both names I reserved from me, and likely have made it so that I won't even get my backup name if they can't fix this before someone snatches it.

This is an insane level of incompetence. How complicated is it to swap two names of characters on the same account? This should be a 5 minute fix, not a 4+ day ordeal.

I'm not going to say what the backup name is, because as far as I'm aware, due to GM incompetence, it's currently available and there's still a chance the GM's might get it together and fix this... But I have to say, this is utterly ridiculous.

I specifically waited on launch day to reserve the names I wanted. That's the ONLY REASON I WAITED AROUND FOR 10+ HOURS, and GM's have ROYALLY SCREWED ME.

My ticket: Request #21992535

@Juji@Hime Can someone with enough brainpower to swap two names please fix this for me before someone takes my backup name? 

For the record, I bought 3 $30 packs and $90 of NCoins. I think I am entitled to a certain level of customer service, and right now, we're not even close to that level. I've been waiting days to get this resolved and the GM's have only made the situation worse by failing to comprehend an incredibly SIMPLE request. I'm seriously contemplating whether I will continue spending money here if the GM's can't handle something so simple in a timely fashion. 

/rant

I understand why they didn't do a beta of the server, people would have never bought launch packs or anything else if they saw what they were truly getting. But hey that is just my opinion. You know what they say never buy something sight unseen. Sorry for your ordeal man. Hope you get some kind of resolution. If not there are other places to play I guess.

Just now, Llothlian said:

Using a deliberately offensive name. You knew that when you selected it. Sometimes we have to live with the repercussions of our actions. 

Why is the name offensive?

Is the name Stalin offensive? He is responsible for more death than Hitler... What about ShakaZulu? What about Napolean? All "offensive"?

The funny thing is, all of you saying that the OP got what he deserved for using an "offensive" name are the same ones then crying later saying that the people pointing out the mistakes, bugs, improper balance, and general situation of the launch and server are carebears and crybabies. A name is a name, the guy wanted to be mildly funny, he didn't go around saying that he was going to burn little children or something. 

use another name. what is so important about that after all? its a game... we all stayed for reserved a name but if not managed to do it one way or another i dont think is big deal. Its just a character name. your actions define you not your nickname. choose another and move on

Just now, L2Empire said:

A name is a name, the guy wanted to be mildly funny, he didn't go around saying that he was going to burn little children or something. 

This is exactly it... It was just a joke! Like wtf? My character is a female SpS named Hitler. I really thought people would be able to see the funny side of that... I mean damn, wouldn't it be funny to literally kill Hitler? Not only this, but in classic I was a bit of a trash talker/server villain (all in good fun of course), and the name really goes well with my playstyle. I like to be one of bad guys that everyone wants to kill, that people wanna PvP against and post screenshots on forums gloating. This rivalry between players is what made the game so fun back in classic. PvP means way more when you're killing someone you don't really like.

I am not a natsoc sperg and I condemn Hitler and his actions, but come on people, this is a game! I chose a historical figure as a char name for a laugh and after investing close to $200 I don't even want to play right now. I feel completely disillusioned after this. I literally waited 10+ hours on launch day just to reserve my names and the GM's have screwed my backup choice as well, which is as milquetoast is it comes.

2 minutes ago, existenz said:

use another name. what is so important about that after all? 

I waited over 10 hours on launch day to get decent names for my characters, and I know I'm not the only one who waited specifically for this purpose. I had a backup name too, and all I asked for was for the GM to swap the names but now all I have is a character named "ClassicNameInA"... Really demotivating to play the game when the GM's can't handle something so simple. I can't imagine how frustrated the people who got their purchases refunded must be waiting around in limbo...

41 minutes ago, AmusingName003 said:

I decided to call my main "Hitler" as a joke. I'm sure most can understand that it's kind of funny to see "Hitler hit you for 900 damage", etc... The world chat possibilities, are also endless. As far as I'm concerned, Hitler is a historical figure, and naming my toon Hitler is no different than naming it "Napolean", or "GhengisKhan" or "ShakaZulu" (an actual name I've seen ingame). Apparently though, the name "Hitler" is "offensive language". TIL.

@Juji@Hime

LOL

13 minutes ago, AmusingName003 said:

Why is the name offensive?

Is the name Stalin offensive? He is responsible for more death than Hitler... What about ShakaZulu? What about Napolean? All "offensive"?

If you have to ask...........

7 minutes ago, AmusingName003 said:

This is exactly it... It was just a joke! Like wtf? My character is a female SpS named Hitler. I really thought people would be able to see the funny side of that... I mean damn, wouldn't it be funny to literally kill Hitler? Not only this, but in classic I was a bit of a trash talker/server villain (all in good fun of course), and the name really goes well with my playstyle. I like to be one of bad guys that everyone wants to kill, that people wanna PvP against and post screenshots on forums gloating. This rivalry between players is what made the game so fun back in classic. PvP means way more when you're killing someone you don't really like.

I am not a natsoc sperg and I condemn Hitler and his actions, but come on people, this is a game! I chose a historical figure as a char name for a laugh and after investing close to $200 I don't even want to play right now. I feel completely disillusioned after this. I literally waited 10+ hours on launch day just to reserve my names and the GM's have screwed my backup choice as well, which is as milquetoast is it comes.

You were a nobody then, and a nobody now. Move on. 

3 minutes ago, Rodah said:

LOL

If you have to ask...........

Do you know the history of GhengisKhan? Billions of people are descendants of his bleep babies. 

So I'll ask again, why is the name Hitler offensive?

and for the record, I stated that I can accept not using the name for whatever reason, all I want is my backup name...

Just now, AmusingName003 said:

Do you know the history of GhengisKhan? Billions of people are descendants of his bleep babies. 

So I'll ask again, why is the name Hitler offensive?

Context matters my friend.

While some of the historical figures you mentioned certainly committed atrocities, none (that I know of) developed a clear plan to eradicate particular groups of people based on race, religion, ideology, and sexual orientation.  Additionally; Hitler is a currently STILL a clear symbol of racism and bigotry in the US (and parts of Europe).  

Why do I even have to explain this?

3 minutes ago, Rodah said:

Context matters my friend.

While some of the historical figures you mentioned certainly committed atrocities, none (that I know of) developed a clear plan to eradicate particular groups of people based on race, religion, ideology, and sexual orientation.  Additionally; Hitler is a currently STILL a clear symbol of racism and bigotry in the US (and parts of Europe).  

Why do I even have to explain this?

I'm going to have to disagree with your assessment here.

They certainly committed atrocities? Nice framing which trivializes the utter horror his victims experienced. It's like you're saying that raping and pillaging a continent is bad, but targeting the Jews specifically because they were Jews, is way worse? I thought evil was just evil... I'm not going to try and quantify it past the point of killing millions. Hitler was an evil man, so was Ghengis Khan. Their motivation is really neither here nor there. They are both responsible for an enormous amount of suffering. To sit here and act like Hitler is worse is absurd. To get offended by Hitler, and not by Ghengis Khan, is hypocritical. 

But it's ok, I don't need that name. I just want my backup name man...

3 minutes ago, Sweetness said:

I literally thought this was a joke post making fun of all of the other idiotic crying to GM posts. It's so much funnier now that I realize this is a legit post hahahaha

Laugh it up... I can't wait for you to require something from one of these GM's. Good luck to you. Do you not understand the issue here? A simple request was made. Swap two names. How is it even possible to screw that up?

2 minutes ago, Llothlian said:

One wanted to conquer, one wanted to exterminate.  There is a huge difference.  You're an idiot.

Yes, there's a difference. But how can you say one is worse than the other? How is raping and pillaging a continent less bad than trying to get rid of a specific group of people? And why the focus on the Jews? You understand that over 80 million people died during WWII, a conflict caused by Hitler? Why this focus on extermination and completely ignoring the other 74 million deaths?

Just now, AmusingName003 said:

I'm going to have to disagree with your assessment here.

They certainly committed atrocities? Nice framing which trivializes the utter horror his victims experienced. It's like you're saying that raping and pillaging a continent is bad, but targeting the Jews specifically because they were Jews, is way worse? I thought evil was just evil... I'm not going to try and quantify it past the point of killing millions. Hitler was an evil man, so was Ghengis Khan. Their motivation is really neither here nor there. They are both responsible for an enormous amount of suffering. To sit here and act like Hitler is worse is absurd. To get offended by Hitler, and not by Ghengis Khan, is hypocritical. 

But it's ok, I don't need that name. I just want my backup name man...

LOL

Listen man, I am going give you some advise; quit now.  You are literally arguing on the interwebz there is no difference between naming something Hitler and Ghengis Khan; not a good look LOL.

This is the type of stuff that can come back and bite you on the ass later on in life :)

L2 End User Agreement, para 5, b

(b) If You violate the Rules of Conduct then NCSOFT may, in its reasonable discretion, provide You with a warning, penalties, and in certain cases terminate Your Account under Section 3(b).

L2 End user Agreement, para 5, d

(d) NCSOFT has no obligation under any circumstances to review any communications regarding violations of the Rules of Conduct related to any Account. NCSOFT may, in its reasonable discretion, choose to review communications made to the Notice Contact regarding violations of the Rules of Conduct related to any Account. NCSOFT may also, in its reasonable discretion, provide other means by which it may choose to review communications regarding violations of the Rules of Conduct related to any Account.

L2 End User Agreement, para 5, e, iv

(iv) You may not select an Account ID, Account Display Name, NCSOFT Message Board ID, Character ID and/or Team designation, or provide any communication or information on any Message Board, that NCSOFT, in its reasonable discretion, deems to be vulgar, threatening, racist, sexist or otherwise offensive, including but not limited to references related to any religion or deity;

1 minute ago, Rodah said:

LOL

Listen man, I am going give you some advise; quit now.  You are literally arguing on the interwebz there is no difference between naming something Hitler and Ghengis Khan; not a good look LOL.

This is the type of stuff that can come back and bite you on the ass later on in life :)

Not an argument.

And again, I said I don't need that name. But if you're going to insult me, I'll defend myself. You're literally just virtue-signalling but you have no argument other than "Persecuting Jews is the worst crime in history". As far as I'm concerned, that's about as bad as it gets, and it's up there with raping and pillaging a continent. You have no response. Bye.

1 minute ago, Llothlian said:

Le End User Agreement, para 2, b

(b) If You violate the Rules of Conduct then NCSOFT may, in its reasonable discretion, provide You with a warning, penalties, and in certain cases terminate Your Account under Section 3(b).

L2 End User Agreement, para 5, e, iv

(iv) You may not select an Account ID, Account Display Name, NCSOFT Message Board ID, Character ID and/or Team designation, or provide any communication or information on any Message Board, that NCSOFT, in its reasonable discretion, deems to be vulgar, threatening, racist, sexist or otherwise offensive, including but not limited to references related to any religion or deity;

So you can't refute what I said and we're moving on to this.

By that definition, I see no issue with the name Hitler. But this is really a moot point and I'm not sure why you're attacking me over this. I said I will accept that it is offensive. All I want is my backup name.

Archived