Bots video

RickRoss

Banned for nothing? It's unfortunate there's no way for you to prove that to the rest of us.

I find these posts a little frustrating.

There's an obvious reason why someone who was cheating and got caught would come to the forums claiming they did nothing wrong...

How are the rest of us supposed to know what to believe?

Are we to believe that NC is literally banning people for no reason whatsoever?

It seems much more likely that you got caught cheating and are here doing whatever you can to get the ban reversed.

I played L2 for a long time, and every single person I ever knew who got banned, deserved it. Never once did anyone I knew personally get banned "for no reason".

Just now, RickRoss said:

Explain me how my trader in town 1lvl is banned while my main is running and farming :D

How could I possibly explain that?

I don't have a hidden camera watching your every move, nor do I really care what you get up to.

I'm merely pointing out that what you're claiming is ridiculous and contrary to every single ban I've ever seen doled out to someone I knew. 

8 minutes ago, RickRoss said:

Do you find this now for more smart and interesting?

That, is a bot :)

Well , good thing is that our rates are fcked up lol!

Anyway, L2 had always bots. Is up to NcSoft to "fix" this.

Report and move on!

OHHHHH so it was ur trader huh? Were you one of those people with the scam shops trying to trick people into selling stuff or buying for false prices listed? cause i dont see any of those, wonder if they got the boot for trying to scam people. :thinkingface:

3 minutes ago, Dorsch said:

OHHHHH so it was ur trader huh? Were you one of those people with the scam shops trying to trick people into selling stuff or buying for false prices listed? cause i dont see any of those, wonder if they got the boot for trying to scam people. :thinkingface:

No in fact I was selling NG shots for real money...

24 minutes ago, Criss said:

I have a deep disgust for botters and RMT spammers, everytime I see them, I think twice if I should keep playing or no.

They will be in every single MMO you play, there is no way to completely prevent it. People gotta make their money.

2 minutes ago, RickRoss said:

No in fact I was selling NG shots for real money...

Wait what?

42 minutes ago, RickRoss said:

Explain me how my trader in town 1lvl is banned while my main is running and farming :D

Then that's the reason why you got banned :)

I've yet to find a way of absolute certainty to identify a bot. This video confirms my suspicion that players are reporting bots without absolute certainty, and thus the effect of the tool is diminished. I would think it is very hard to identify a bot, unless you are sending them private messages (can you do that?) and asking them to answer if they are, after seeing suspicious activity. For instance in the video with the player moving back and forth between the mobs, she could just be doing that for fun and as a game. It is unlikely sure, but botting is a heavy accusation, with serious punishments. I generally don't concern myself with it. I would have to have a boring and wretched life to spend it using an automated program to play a game. That reminds me of that game ProgressQuest, overall a waste of electricity.

One thing I do see that strikes me is the common use of dual boxing as it's called. I don't remember this from when I played Lineage II (sometime between 2004 and 2007). Though I admit I once did that in World of Warcraft, about ten years ago (when I was 24), it now has a tacky and tasteless look to it. I would discourage players from this, cause it reduces the honor and respect of the characters involved. Seeing so many players do it looks more like widespread degeneracy of the game and players than it does anything interesting...though I suppose I always imagined this to be something a serious and skilled gamer did, not something for the ordinary player.

4 minutes ago, pkpkpk said:

I've yet to find a way of absolute certainty to identify a bot. This video confirms my suspicion that players are reporting bots without absolute certainty, and thus the effect of the tool is diminished. I would think it is very hard to identify a bot, unless you are sending them private messages (can you do that?) and asking them to answer if they are, after seeing suspicious activity. For instance in the video with the player moving back and forth between the mobs, she could just be doing that for fun and as a game. It is unlikely sure, but botting is a heavy accusation, with serious punishments. I generally don't concern myself with it. I would have to have a boring and wretched life to spend it using an automated program to play a game. That reminds me of that game ProgressQuest, overall a waste of electricity.

One thing I do see that strikes me is the common use of dual boxing as it's called. I don't remember this from when I played Lineage II (sometime between 2004 and 2007). Though I admit I once did that in World of Warcraft, about ten years ago (when I was 24), it now has a tacky and tasteless look to it. I would discourage players from this, cause it reduces the honor and respect of the characters involved. Seeing so many players do it looks more like widespread degeneracy of the game and players than it does anything interesting...though I suppose I always imagined this to be something a serious and skilled gamer did, not something for the ordinary player.

Yes, I suspect that too, but on his second video, that's clearly a bot!

9 hours ago, pkpkpk said:

For instance in the video with the player moving back and forth between the mobs, she could just be doing that for fun and as a game. It is unlikely sure, but botting is a heavy accusation, with serious punishments.

12 hours later this guy is still having fun running from mob to mob and the party in cave is still powerleveling on 2 mobs. Also random RMT spams while porting in towns.

11 hours ago, pkpkpk said:

Second video is obvious since their prog is able to see what is being targeted, on 1st video I found hilarious and I have seen that for years specially on Franz days when the automatons add areas defined and even someone live there were unable to be outside that area, usually best is let them flag you move out the area and use ranged weapon / skills if you have, they tend to run away or stay tickling while you kill them...

Archived