Augment +70 attribute vs +15% m.crit.dmg

Juano1

Since you can reach upto +900 elemental attack atribute nowadays I was wondering if +15%mcrit dmg is still best augment for FEOH or if it is now better to get +70 attack atribute to stack it even more. Can anybody tell the damage vs attribute attack curve, how it works specially for around 800-900 points? Maybe Juji? Tnx in advance

Elemental is limited to the target resistance with a maximum of 250 app diference.. The diference between element attack and defence is the % that apply as damage modifier. So for stacked targets yes it ads, pve and none stacked target not.  For example if target have 500 ele def and you 750 the max modifier will apply. So if target has 800 elemental def you will never reach the max element attack modifier and adding more will be a good idea. 

Against most i will say that will not have an increase in damage if your elemental attack is high. But against partys with evas templar may have a boost. I reach 800+ elem defence full buffed and have average gear....

For PvE if you get 500 or more elemental attack than you are feasible to go augment m crit dmg. If you are at 300 attack attribute maybe for some time +70 attribute could be better solution for you till you get other ways to get to 500. Also especially if you lack other m crit dmg items so you have normal and crit dmg but you don't have normal and insane crit dmg yet. Just for that elemental bonus boosts  dmg also from non-crit dmg what with lower overal magic crit rate on your toon at this point of time could be more desirable for PvE AOE stuff. Once you get 500/600 elemental attack without that augment you will have most of m crit dmg increase items will be the time you switch to 15% m skill crit dmg.

As Irlumir stated bonus and also penalty coming from Element bonus are capped. +220 or -220 is bonus/penalty capped.so +230 is the same +240 same etc.

P.S. The curve is not linear but +10 elemental you could count as approximately 1.6% dmg

Sorry have no clue what is your items and setup so I am assuming non endgame gear.

PVE requires 700+ ele patt to be most effective as per this update most mobs have ~500 elemental defense, for PVE no point to go past 780

if you will struggle to reach that then imo mcrit damage is best option as that will always boost dps where as for elemental patt you really need to reach the corresponding break point of the mobs you're hunting

On 29/1/2018 at 9:11 PM, Juano1 said:

Since you can reach upto +900 elemental attack atribute nowadays I was wondering if +15%mcrit dmg is still best augment for FEOH or if it is now better to get +70 attack atribute to stack it even more. Can anybody tell the damage vs attribute attack curve, how it works specially for around 800-900 points? Maybe Juji? Tnx in advance

How do you do to have 900 to elemental atribute?

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/31/2018 at 8:32 PM, Prome said:

How do you do to have 900 to elemental atribute?

Opal 5 120attrib , Evo agathion lv5 50attrib, Agathion Analkim 50 attrib, Paagrio might 100 attrib, 40attrib from ability points, and some buffs maybe?? 

Archived