How to make lineage 2 work smooth?

Daemondas

Hi, i was interested how to make Lineage 2 work smooth. :D My PC is not bad but i want to make better for Lineage 2, because in Giran town i feel little fps drops and it really feels then i spin camera around, I want to play full game with maximized graphics.

So who know what resources it use most? CPU, GPU or i need to do some special settings?

My PC now: GPU: GTX 980; CPU: i5-7600K; RAM: 16GB, SSD

10 minutes ago, Daemondas said:

Hi, i was interested how to make Lineage 2 work smooth. :D My PC is not bad but i want to make better for Lineage 2, because in Giran town i feel little fps drops and it really feels then i spin camera around, I want to play full game with maximized graphics.

So who know what resources it use most? CPU, GPU or i need to do some special settings?

Goto control panel, click ncsoft uninstall all. There is no way to make it work smoothly. It's dated software. 

@Daemondasgrab the fastest NVMe SSD your mainboard can support and install L2 there.

That's it. You've done all you can.

On a more realistic note, if you could drop the 'maximized graphics' requirement, you could disable shadows. It really helps in high player density areas.

@DisplayName it is safe to say that no such thing is going to happen, as PC market cannot hope to come even close to mobile. Have to satisfy those shareholders and not spend time on some deadbeat Lineage III.

1 minute ago, Devoid said:

@Daemondasgrab the fastest NVMe SSD your mainboard can support and install L2 there.

On a more realistic note, if you could drop the 'maximized graphics' requirement, you could disable shadows. It really helps in high player density areas.

@DisplayName it is safe to say that no such thing is going to happen, as PC market cannot hope to come even close to mobile. Have to satisfy those shareholders and not spend time on some deadbeat Lineage III.

NCsoft isn't a publicly traded company, they don't have stockholders. They missed the boat with their chance to do L3.... what they really missed though was a chance to actually satisfy their customers and re-do L2 the right way. 

3 minutes ago, Kraken said:

NCsoft isn't a publicly traded company, they don't have stockholders. They missed the boat with their chance to do L3.... what they really missed though was a chance to actually satisfy their customers and re-do L2 the right way. 

Just because it isn't publicly traded doesn't mean that it is owned by a single entity.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shareholder

Just now, Devoid said:

Just because it isn't publicly traded doesn't mean that it is owned by a single entity.

It actually is though, it's owned by one family. You'd be amazed at the stuff you read about this company on Glassdoor from former employees. It talks about nepotism and all sorts of juicy details. 

20 minutes ago, Daemondas said:

All the physics are passed on the CPU in UE2, therefore the more IPS your CPU can handle , the better it will perform (on a single core).Also as @Devoid said, get a faster storage like nVME drive or if you got like 32GB+ RAM, use a RAM drive.

1 minute ago, mixa said:

All the physics are passed on the CPU in UE2, therefore the more IPS your CPU can handle , the better it will perform (on a single core).Also as @Devoid said, get a faster storage like nVME drive or if you got like 32GB+ RAM, use a RAM drive.

A RAM drive would provide some performance increase but would still have some issues. The main fault is with UE2 and not being able to handle multi-core processors as well as it should, which is why back in the day if you had a multi-core processor you had to set your CPU affinity to one or else L2 wouldn't run. That was fun.  

Worst hit on performance is going to be the 'realistic water' setting.  Can affect performance even if there is no visible water on the screen.  Especially when you look certain directions.  I believe you have to expand the advanced options section to see it.

17 minutes ago, Kraken said:

A RAM drive would provide some performance increase but would still have some issues. The main fault is with UE2 and not being able to handle multi-core processors as well as it should, which is why back in the day if you had a multi-core processor you had to set your CPU affinity to one or else L2 wouldn't run. That was fun.  

It was crashing the client for me, setting the affinity...

The client still has a memory issues, since performance degrades over time...

1 minute ago, mixa said:

It was crashing the client for me, setting the affinity...

The client still has a memory issues, since performance degrades over time...

Yep, they still haven't fixed that memory leak from beta. 

You are the first person I have ever heard of that had crashing issues setting affinity. But, I imagine that it can happen.

58 minutes ago, mixa said:

How can i make more CPU power to one core?

7 minutes ago, Daemondas said:

How can i make more CPU power to one core?

Overclocking or just rise the turbo multipliers for the cores as high as possible.

But if you don't know what you're doing, you'll be better off upgrading your CPU to smth like i5-8600 or so. Intel still does have higher IPC than AMD, so better stick to their CPUs.Although there is nothing wrong to go with a ZEN+ CPU.

1 hour ago, Kraken said:

Yep, they still haven't fixed that memory leak from beta. 

You are the first person I have ever heard of that had crashing issues setting affinity. But, I imagine that it can happen.

Good to have confirmation on this.

I was playing the other day and thinking: WTF, why is my performance degrading so much over time. I even closed all windows, but the problem persisted. Hell, even the start menu was sluggish!

Can't believe this is still not fixed in 2018!!!!!!!!!!

16 minutes ago, ragingducks said:

I was playing the other day and thinking: WTF, why is my performance degrading so much over time. I even closed all windows, but the problem persisted. Hell, even the start menu was sluggish!

Now imagine this back in 2003-2004 when most people only had 512mb to 2gb of ram in their machines. 

17 minutes ago, ragingducks said:

It was much worse immediately post GoD.

1 minute ago, Kraken said:

Now imagine this back in 2003-2004 when most people only had 512mb to 2gb of ram in their machines. 

man, i logged in 5 clients of lineage 2 in a pentium III 1ghz with 512mb physic ram, took me 30 minutes to log in that due low real ram

with that i leveled in c4 1 mage to lvl 78 and some mules to 70+

2 hours ago, Devoid said:

They will release l3 PC based but it will be a sequel of lineage 1. Look it up

Just now, Khania said:

man, i logged in 5 clients of lineage 2 in a pentium III 1ghz with 512mb physic ram, took me 30 minutes to log in that due low real ram

with that i leveled in c4 1 mage to lvl 78 and some mules to 70+

ick 5 clients on a p3 1ghz how did it not kill your pc?

Just now, Kraken said:

ick 5 clients on a p3 1ghz how did it not kill your pc?

it didnt, but worked, of course when a lot of players passed around where i was farming, the screen frozen for 1 minute sometimes, but i never died, cuz i had lucky lol

Archived