Make Lineage II 15$ a month again

Azules

Back in the day Lineage 2 was 15$ a month, no pay to win, no NCCoin. That would be the "real" classic experience of Lineage 2. I propose we stage a protest in-game to get them to switch to 15$ per month and remove the L2 Shop & make the experience/item drops the class rates. 

3 minutes ago, Azules said:

Back in the day Lineage 2 was 15$ a month, no pay to win, no NCCoin. That would be the "real" classic experience of Lineage 2. I propose we stage a protest in-game to get them to switch to 15$ per month and remove the L2 Shop & make the experience/item drops the class rates. 

Good idea but in this case i prefer go back Skelth

Suggestions like these were happening shortly after L2 went 'Truly Free'. The thing is, subscription model doesn't work anywhere as good and adding it would be a death sentence to the P2P server; while reintroducing it for all servers would be a death sentence to Lineage II NA.

Sounds good, won't work... There's simply too strong community of people who just won't pay subscription fees no matter what. Partly it's people who just don't want to spend money on this game at all (especially people who spent most of their time on illegal servers, which most of the time were fairly P2W-free), partly it's people who wouldn't mind paying the 15$, but wouldn't do so without getting some advantage - paying obligatory fees just doesn't give you the same endorphin dosage as buying shots or XP scrolls to get ahead of others... In other words, there're a lot of players who would never pay 15$ monthly subscription because "it's too costly", but won't hesitate to spend $100 monthly because "they're spending it on a game they enjoy". 

They tried the monthly fees on Innova but it doesn't work as good as it used to in past... P2P model is donezo in 2k18 I'm afraid.

Great idea.  No way that F2P can ever truly be "Classic."  Never going to happen, because NCWest thinks they will make less money that way.  I've said ever since F2P "Classic" was announced that they should have one subscription server to test which way most players will go (and how much money they make on each), but they won't even do that.

10 minutes ago, Lawman said:

Great idea.  No way that F2P can ever truly be "Classic."  Never going to happen, because NCWest thinks they will make less money that way.  I've said ever since F2P "Classic" was announced that they should have one subscription server to test which way most players will go (and how much money they make on each), but they won't even do that.

Probably because they have the Freya/HF vs GoD/GD stats comparison framed in their office at NCWest? How much more proof can one need?

Anyway i dont think somebody could really believe this is F2P..
I mean,true F2P exists only for ppl that log 2h each day to make some solo pve.
For all the others,u will need to buy from the shop,for example now they added brooches on skelth inside the game since it's P2P,they are in shop in korea,and if u want to do pvp u basicly need to have it since everyoby else will,and this is only an example,in the end i think that this "F2P" will be more expensive than a P2P.

There is also no need to rework this server on P2P model,they could open a new one so ppl could choice.
For myself,i dont pay nothing here because this server is crap and i will leave for sure as shop will increase,but i would pay for a real server P2P with real rates and i think many ppl is like this,so i think they are just losing money not opening a P2P.

5 hours ago, Devoid said:

Probably because they have the Freya/HF vs GoD/GD stats comparison framed in their office at NCWest? How much more proof can one need?

You're quite likely right.  But they might find there is a place for both and they make even more money by offering their customers the choice.  My guess is they won't do anything until the revenues start to go down on their P2W servers and they think they need to try something different.  Right now they are just enjoying their VIP money.

13 hours ago, Azules said:

As other ppl have said someone can easily give 20-100euros/dollars more than once per month which is more profitable to NCSOFT and any company! Just id like as i said to another post like yours that id like 3-5 euros/dollars per month so we get rid of kids with no bank accounts who are immature for social games leave l2 store as it is and everyone be happy :D (except kids)

Archived