sharing account is legal?

L2Police

20 hours ago, L2Police said:

hi sharing accoung is legal? look this 2 stream use same account: 1º login they archer and he logout and go sleep later login the other guy.

[moderated content]

So is legal this?

Sharing accounts is illegal as per EULA, but it is hard to prove and the rule is rarely enforced. However, if you loose anything because of account sharing, NCSoft will not help you in any way

@qwintopwnzd are you slow, a troll or just dumb?

Account sharing is a violation of the Lineage II User Agreement and an account can be closed for it if it’s found to have been shared. 

Not every violation of the rules will lead to an account closure. Just because an account is shared does not mean the account will be blocked, and if a shared account is not blocked at a particular time, it does not mean the sharing is allowed.

The rule is there to protect the account holder, not to punish. The rule is also there as an supplement to other more serious rules – for example, account sharing cannot be used as an excuse for some other rule being broken.

The great majority of account thefts – that is to say, “hacked accounts” – happen to account owners who have previously shared their accounts and failed to secure them afterward.

You, as the account owner, are responsible for the security of your game account. Sharing your account information may lead to unintended consequences for your account that customer service agents may not be able to reverse. Further, if someone else who knows your account information provides it to someone else, support staff cannot intervene.

The only time it is ever acceptable to allow someone other than the account owner to play the account is when the account owner’s son or daughter under the age of 18 is allowed to play, and then only when the owner is present.

To sum up:

• Keep your login information secret, and change your password often. Read the PlaySmart pagefor advice on this, and the Security Post for more details.
  • There is no reason that support staff will consider legitimate to allow another player to use your account.
  •  If you choose to share your account information, or have ever shared it, you should immediately change your password and PIN.

30 minutes ago, L2Police said:

Account sharing is a violation of the Lineage II User Agreement and an account can be closed for it if it’s found to have been shared. 

Not every violation of the rules will lead to an account closure. Just because an account is shared does not mean the account will be blocked, and if a shared account is not blocked at a particular time, it does not mean the sharing is allowed.

The rule is there to protect the account holder, not to punish. The rule is also there as an supplement to other more serious rules – for example, account sharing cannot be used as an excuse for some other rule being broken.

The great majority of account thefts – that is to say, “hacked accounts” – happen to account owners who have previously shared their accounts and failed to secure them afterward.

You, as the account owner, are responsible for the security of your game account. Sharing your account information may lead to unintended consequences for your account that customer service agents may not be able to reverse. Further, if someone else who knows your account information provides it to someone else, support staff cannot intervene.

The only time it is ever acceptable to allow someone other than the account owner to play the account is when the account owner’s son or daughter under the age of 18 is allowed to play, and then only when the owner is present.

To sum up:

• Keep your login information secret, and change your password often. Read the PlaySmart pagefor advice on this, and the Security Post for more details.
  • There is no reason that support staff will consider legitimate to allow another player to use your account.
  •  If you choose to share your account information, or have ever shared it, you should immediately change your password and PIN.

Yayyy let's get everyone banned!

8 hours ago, NoCryNoGain said:

Yayyy let's get everyone banned!

The first paragraph is a long sentence that cancels itself. i believe it is there so it makes u fear the sharing! im sure u will never get a ban if nothing ever happens to the account from the one u gave the account info!

It's illegal and those players should be banned. Why bot when you can get other people to play for you instead? If they steal your stuff (unlikely) that's still better than the off chance you got caught boting and get the whole account banned. Account sharing is pretty common place and hard to detect though.

7 hours ago, Jorep said:

The first paragraph is a long sentence that cancels itself. i believe it is there so it makes u fear the sharing! im sure u will never get a ban if nothing ever happens to the account from the one u gave the account info!

The thing is if you share your account with someone who gets busted for botting/RMT/Whatever you'll get banned too. Some of the "OMGZ I QWAS BANNED FOR NOTHIGN!!!!" posts are from people who shared with "legit" playing CP members who were botting accounts on the side.

• Moderators

Greetings everyone,

As with any possible suspicious behavior you encounter in-game, we ask you to send these reports to our Support team. Make sure you include any screenshots or videos to support your claim when submitting the ticket.

You can submit a ticket here: https://support.lineage2.com/hc/en-us

Making accusations against individual players and calling them out by name on the forums is against our Code of Conduct and can result in the loss of your forum privileges.

Thank you!

Why does this question keep coming up?  Yes, account sharing violates the user's agreement and can get you banned.  Yes, it almost never does get you banned both because it is hard to prove and, I think, because NCWest doesn't really care if a husband and wife (or anyone else, frankly) share the same account.  

17 hours ago, Tool_of_Society said:

The thing is if you share your account with someone who gets busted for botting/RMT/Whatever you'll get banned too. Some of the "OMGZ I QWAS BANNED FOR NOTHIGN!!!!" posts are from people who shared with "legit" playing CP members who were botting accounts on the side.

I agree and i add one more reason "why i should not share my account" :D

22 hours ago, Lawman said:

Why does this question keep coming up?  Yes, account sharing violates the user's agreement and can get you banned.  Yes, it almost never does get you banned both because it is hard to prove and, I think, because NCWest doesn't really care if a husband and wife (or anyone else, frankly) share the same account.  

They can't tell if a husband and wife are sharing because the accounts are logged in from the same IP (or IP range) regardless. The only way to get busted for sharing in that scenario is if you tell people and they report it.

Other forms of account sharing are noticeable but NCsoft isn't actively looking for it. What happens is someone gets caught botting/rmting/cheating and all the related accounts can be banned too which includes any accounts they played.

Look, I work as a freelancer in online marketing, I am traveling really a lot. For 3 months I play here I was playing from 3 different continents, almost every week I am in different country playing on different IP. Still I also think that charing account is bad, but I think there is no way how to find out, who is just traveling just like me and who really shared his acc with other ppl.

I don't think they would actively look for accounts logging in on different IP/locations, I think however if the evidence is blatently starring them in the face like these clowns streaming while account sharring, they should be dealt with.

I think that everyone is avoiding the issue of sharing account when people as in the example above can use the sharing account as a method of powerleveling and earn money. well that is not like the bot are people who are at hand but in different ip and houses and in different hours

2 hours ago, L2Police said:

I think that everyone is avoiding the issue of sharing account when people as in the example above can use the sharing account as a method of powerleveling and earn money. well that is not like the bot are people who are at hand but in different ip and houses and in different hours

You're wasting your breath. 

Yes people can, will, and have in the past shared account information for the purpose of financial gain. This will never go away. 

Ncwest would need to ban all accounts that are logged in to different IP addresses. 

But let's be real, this game has always had some sort of account sharing. Friends lending accounts, players selling accounts, etc. Moreover, as someone mentioned above, people travel for work and can easily log into one account from three different IP addresses in one day. 

Should they get banned? 

Stop wasting your time here. 

Archived