Olympiad update questions

So with the release of the new Olympiad system, And hero's being selected every week.. What does it do for the hero's of this month. (the month of august) we are gonna loose our hero's early? all that work we put in the month prior and we are getting cut short? can i get some clarification? @Juji @Hime

@Juji @Hime

With the new Oly update does that mean I can use a transformation buff during Oly?

Also as a side note, in the update regarding the level/class buff in the header it says buff lvl 1 is for 1st-10th but in the buff I do section it says 1st - 30th. 

Please clarify.

Edited by Alien136

• Hime unpinned this topic

"As part of the change affecting all regions, buffs and potions can now be used in Olympiad."

Give me a break NCsoft  Just remove olympiad and give hero status to those who make more pvp every each week. 

After few seconds of consideration, just remove this whole Lineage 2 classic project and start it as a whole new game, with name maybe : "Lineage Space Adventures 2" because NOTHING here fits classic description anymore.

• Like 1

• L2 Team
19 hours ago, Perimeter said:

So with the release of the new Olympiad system, And hero's being selected every week.. What does it do for the hero's of this month. (the month of august) we are gonna loose our hero's early? all that work we put in the month prior and we are getting cut short? can i get some clarification? @Juji @Hime

We discussed about the Olympiad time changes and weekly hero system with the Dev team last night. The new changes will be delayed to a future update. The use of potions and buffs in Olympiad will be the only change in the update next week. The Dev team's reasoning behind the use of buffs and potions is below:

"Olympiad is content where individual players compete, so the outcome depends highly on certain items that are allowed or certain classes that are advantageous in the game. We have been constantly balancing Olympiad for a long time while running the match in limited ways, but this cannot resolve the imbalance and it is now naturally settled in the game. To change this, we made changes to Olympiad by opening all environmental elements so that players can now be stronger as much as they prepare or invest in their characters. Therefore, the winning rate can be increased according to how players set their characters and the variety of buffs they prepare, regardless of class type."

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

So now we can spam healing potions in Oly ? this would make mana to run out really fast. Also we can use potions to cure poison and bleed ? As about the buffs .. i can full buff before enter in Oly game ? So now Olympiad NPC that giving buffs is useless ?

3 hours ago, Juji said:

We discussed about the Olympiad time changes and weekly hero system with the Dev team last night. The new changes will be delayed to a future update. The use of potions and buffs in Olympiad will be the only change in the update next week. The Dev team's reasoning behind the use of buffs and potions is below:

"Olympiad is content where individual players compete, so the outcome depends highly on certain items that are allowed or certain classes that are advantageous in the game. We have been constantly balancing Olympiad for a long time while running the match in limited ways, but this cannot resolve the imbalance and it is now naturally settled in the game. To change this, we made changes to Olympiad by opening all environmental elements so that players can now be stronger as much as they prepare or invest in their characters. Therefore, the winning rate can be increased according to how players set their characters and the variety of buffs they prepare, regardless of class type."

"We really wanted to emphasize the importance of paying to win, and having access to lv 80+ supports."

4 hours ago, Juji said:

Amazing no more perma- cc in olympiad ! Amazing update of the olympiad, perhaps potions are not necessary but the buffs are an amazing addition!

• L2 Team
9 hours ago, Dimitris666 said:

So now we can spam healing potions in Oly ? this would make mana to run out really fast. Also we can use potions to cure poison and bleed ? As about the buffs .. i can full buff before enter in Oly game ? So now Olympiad NPC that giving buffs is useless ?

You buff before you enter. I will post the list of potions that can be used in Olympiad.

1 hour ago, Ziddy said:

@JujiPoints farmed this Friday and Saturday carry over to patch or will it all be reset?

Points will carry over as the round does not get reset with the update. Only the buff/potion use will be added next week.

You can only imagine now full buffed tank/dd vs wc/prophet, and they say something about class balance :D Also you will need aditional buffers accounts for pre-buff yourself before you enter olympiad or beg someone to buff you up.
I only hope @Juji is wrong, because with this features i don't see a point for olympiad anymore. It really looks like NCsoft already lost touch with content of this game.

• Like 2

@Juji , how old are you man ? no offense lol but really ?

Want balance, put class vs class olympiad (bd vs bd,, archer vs archer) and the every class too, but going full baff ? lol so that mean i can enter with my feeline queen + chant of victory buff ? cmon lol -->>  r.i.p buffers class in oly 

Again how old are you sir ?

Edited by St1m
  • Like 2

Stop this madness Juji, keep the oly like it is. Buffer clases are already struggling there. You already demonstrated your incompetence enough, just DONT touch anything. Whatever you think, inmediately forgot about it. 

On 8/1/2019 at 12:57 PM, Juji said:

19 hours ago, Juji said:

You buff before you enter. I will post the list of potions that can be used in Olympiad.

Points will carry over as the round does not get reset with the update. Only the buff/potion use will be added next week.

@Juji

This make no sense, this will be more unbalanced for the people. Imagine that some people can full buff themselves to go in and kill very easy. Olympiads always had been to prove the class by itself skills with no buffs. after some patch they "balanced" adding 5 buffs, and that make sense because how can you fight someone that can run with windwalk without it, but now this make no sense you are transforming the Olympiads in arena where you can full buff yourself and enter to kill everyone, you are making active buffers useless because of course if you are a buffer you gonna lose all the advantage that you had before because your class let you buff yourself to fight. So now all the players that have dealers that are mostly useless on Olympiads (because they are good outside on fights) will the the one that will win. SO let me drop my healer anyway the server gonna move always to let damage dealers to win on everything. And related to the 5 fights: what? why 5 times you are making the funny part now people gonna wait until their competition waste their 5 matches to try to give them some points, so now the one who gonna win is the one who have more characters... this make no sense at all it looks like you don't play the game at all taking this decisions.

Edited by Anet