It is possible to set the next target and pick up the feature to be more acurate?

SleepingPower

To me happen a lot of times that next target choose mob which is far away and not one in front of me.

Is also reason I die as I agro more than one mob at time.

Specially when doing quest where killed mob spawn quest mob in front of me and next target pick up another mob witch is more far.

Same trouble is with pick up function where I want pick up mana potion in front of me but my avatar run far away from mana potion to pick up heal potion from previous mob.

Are there any settings to help with this?

On 4/30/2018 at 7:43 PM, SleepingPower said:

Same trouble is with pick up function where I want pick up mana potion in front of me but my avatar run far away from mana potion to pick up heal potion from previous mob.

This sounds more like a lag related issue. You see your avatar somewhere but actually on the server side you are not there or there's some terrain obstacle. That's why see running picking something that appear far to you.

Same with the mob targeting... 

15 hours ago, Dargor said:

That's not how next target works, that's how /target might work. And no, we have enough people afk macroing. Just use adrenaline and get banned already.

Very helpful, thank you.

This explain why I a lot of times loose in Oly as I get disabled (for example stunned or similar) before my attack run.

Must be that in Oly all opponents are afk macroing or using adrenaline as you suggest.

Btw how much you paid for adrenaline and how many times you got banned because of it?

1 minute ago, SleepingPower said:

Very helpful, thank you.

This explain why I a lot of times loose in Oly as I get disabled (for example stunned or similar) before my attack run.

Must be that in Oly all opponents are afk macroing or using adrenaline as you suggest.

Btw how much you paid for adrenaline?

Never in the history of L2 did next target pick targets far away from you if closer targets are available. Now, I don't know how one may end up being loose because of Oly, but I'm sure you can enlighten us. As for adrenaline they have a site and you can go check the price tags for yourself. If you have any proof of me using 3rd party programs by all means report me.

4 minutes ago, Dargor said:

If you have any proof of me using 3rd party programs by all means report me.

This is valid firstly for you before accusing me for afk macroing.

You suggested and advertised it to me as a solution of my issue.

15 hours ago, Dargor said:

That's not how next target works, that's how /target might work. And no, we have enough people afk macroing. Just use adrenaline and get banned already.

I don't have any proof but as you advertised it I asked you as experienced person.

Now thank to you I got to know that they have also a site where I can check the price.

18 minutes ago, Dargor said:

As for adrenaline they have a site and you can go check the price tags for yourself.

4 minutes ago, SleepingPower said:

This is valid firstly for you before accusing me for afk macroing.

You suggested and advertised it to me as a solution of my issue.

I don't have any proof but as you advertised it I asked you as experienced person.

Now thank to you I got to know that they have also a site where I can check the price.

I suggested you use it so you get banned and we're spared of your presence in these forums. Me mentioning an existing and well known issue is not advertising, it's just a cynic comment on reality. When you're constantly pushing for things that make macroing safer and easier, 1+1 equals 2 and it's not a question of if you're doing it, it's a question of how much you're doing it. You're yet to present proof of my EULA breach.

PS Facebook also has a site. Please report me for advertising Facebook.

4 hours ago, SleepingPower said:

... This explain why I a lot of times loose in Oly as I get disabled (for example stunned or similar) before my attack run.

Btw how much you paid for adrenaline and how many times you got banned because of it?

Going around and accusing everybody who doesn't agree with you of cheating will just get you banned again. Here is a tip from an old forum warrior: before you run amok, click on the player's round "avatar" and check their previous posts. Here is for example Dargor:
https://forums.lineage2.com/profile/2368-dargor/
As you can see, he is a rather level-headed man who is in the habit of actually helping people. You should at least take into consideration what he is saying.

As to your original problem, Vassy is probably right - it's caused by lag in the communication between your client at home and the server in Austin. You can easily verify this by manually clicking on monsters. If they "jump", suddenly changing their position after the target has been acquired, then it's lag for sure. There are technical solutions like Battleping or WTFast. Check the discussion here:
http://boards.rochand.com/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=1055#p19265

But once you have used up the free trial time, those services cost a subscription fee. An alternative would be to not pick up Herbs with the pick-up function, but with your cursor mousing over them and picking them up when the chisel has turned into a glove. For targeting monsters, manually clicking on them would also be a better approach for you. If you insist on using /nexttarget, count under your breath "one-and-twenty, two-and-twenty ..." (depending on the amount of your lag) after you have killed a monster befor you hit the bullseye hotkey. In this way you can avoid that a quest monster spawns while you are already working on the next monster, having in effect two opponents on you :)

44 minutes ago, Yidao said:

If you insist on using /nexttarget, count under your breath "one-and-twenty, two-and-twenty ..." (depending on the amount of your lag) after you have killed a monster befor you hit the bullseye hotkey. In this way you can avoid that a quest monster spawns while you are already working on the next monster, having in effect two opponents on you :)

Okay, if we're going to talk about this seriously, I'm going to assume he's referring to the dim 100 mobs, not those lowbie kill 300 embryo kind of quests. With that in mind -and even if we were to talk about the lowbie quests- it takes about half a second or so for the quest monsters to spawn after you kill the regular ones. It's only normal that if you use next target right after you killed a regular monster, it'll target another regular one, simply because the quest monster hasn't yet spawned. Also, if one is using a macro this tends to happen a lot. If you cannot handle multiple monsters hitting you, you need only to be more careful with your target selections. However if one's macroing, then and only then this can be an actual issue for them.

As for the Olympiad references, that sounds like a lag issue, not a next target one.

All in all, my manner was purposely aggressive as I've spoken with that person in the past and as you've noted they just throw accusations and push for more macroing. They believe they are discrete in doing so but anyone with half a brain and a bit of forum reading can see what they are really asking for. It just so happens we have an event with item drops and all of a sudden some magical issue appears and we need more pick up options because the ones we've had for the past decade and a half were broken, yet mysteriously no one else ever complained.

PS How dare you advertise Battleping and WTFast?! Shame!

56 minutes ago, Yidao said:

Going around and accusing everybody who doesn't agree with you of cheating will just get you banned again.

I used exact worlds from Dargor post. He is one who trolled me with off topic post and accused me.

I asked if there is any solution with my problem and you can see how helpful  Dargor was.

20 hours ago, Dargor said:

You at least tried to see problem and answer to it.

Bud Dargor stigmatized me as cheater, afk macroing and person who need to use 3rd party software he advertise.

1 minute ago, SleepingPower said:

I used exact worlds from Dargor post. He is one who trolled me with off topic post and accused me.

I asked if there is any solution with my problem and you can see how helpful  Dargor was.

You at least tried to see problem and answer to it.

Bud Dargor stigmatized me as cheater, afk macroing and person who need to use 3rd party software he advertise.

Judging by your posts it does seem like you need some sort of aid to perform basic game tasks, like targeting and picking up stuff. Also, when things like this is all you post, it's no wonder I cannot possibly take you seriously. Also, did I troll you, or did I advertise adrenaline? Let me answer that for you; the only troll in this thread is you. You're trying to twist my words to discredit what I said, merely because of my continuous use of sarcasm. Apologies, but you won't be able to do that with such broken English.

In another thread you accused Draecke of advertising Hello Kitty Online, are you for real?

Here is the issue = you get hit by the monsters spawning before using nexttarget again which make you target those monsters already, so when you use nexttarget you target another one.

Fix = /target %self  before the /nexttarget in macro

Would be cool from all of you to stop talking about macros.

I don't use macros at all.

Next target is bind on F1 key and pick up is bind on F4.

I know that targeting or picking up with a mouse is more accurate but is also a lot slower.

Some other games have a way to set  distance or radius of next target, some other games have settings that next target pick strongest mob from group or closest one.

So I had ide that also in L2 maybe something like that exist so I asked.

But seem I'm talking with a wall witch cant talk about  anything except macros..

Are you dumb? I promise you nobody here cares about you using a macro or not (note that there is a difference between macro, and using macro to afk hunt), why do you make it into a big deal?

Instead of putting nexttarget on f1, make a short macro with 2 lines, /target %self first, then /nexttarget in 2nd line.

Or if you're so against using a simple macro, bind f1 to target yourself & bind f2 to /nexttarget. my god.

13 minutes ago, Znipo said:

Are you dumb? I promise you nobody here cares about you using a macro or not (note that there is a difference between macro, and using macro to afk hunt), why do you make it into a big deal?

Instead of putting nexttarget on f1, make a short macro with 2 lines, /target %self first, then /nexttarget in 2nd line.

Or if you're so against using a simple macro, bind f1 to target yourself & bind f2 to /nexttarget. my god.

Sorry my previous post was not aimed directly to you but in general because in this thread are presen posters who  trolled me, accused me for cheating, booting, for afk macroing, and a lot more.

All started when I said that items do not drop from doing AFK macro hunt but is always caused by some bad player or organized group of players with intention to cause item to drop.

As we all click on agree upon login on EULA (The Agreement) and Rules of conduct that mean that players are violating rules.

And all jumped on me because as Yidao posted link on wiki explaining that rules do not exist so players are free to harass others as they like.

I understand that this could be way old L2 worked but today it don't work very well with pay to win model and there must be some kind of rules to protect customers - consumers while they are consuming services, items, potions, scrolls, runes and enjoying game as is intended and advertised.

If there are no rules then ofc everyone is free to interrupt your game and xp gaining till all those paid items from L2 store expire without any gain.

If consumer don't have right to consume paid services and items  then we talk about false advertising of L2 store and pure scam.

Two solutions on this could be done.

First to sell instead xp scrolls and xp runes as they are now in mode that xp scroll give instantly certain amount of xp without need to go grind for it.

So even if interrupted and harassed by other players you don't loose anything except time just as in old subscription times.

Second solution is to make sure that Eula and rules are respected by all players and ofc all forum users.

As my post with links on official web pages with EULA and Lineage 2 Rules Of Conduct was deleted by Conquero this lead to believe that EULA and game rules are officially discarded and that L2 Store remain as false advertising and scam sale.

You just fall in middle of continued trolling from another thread, sorry.

Archived