Classic is a joke

Good morning, I wanted to share with you my thoughts about the Classic server from the perspective of a player returning to the game after 10 years.

I came back because I liked the idea of returning lineage to the complex and developed form that this game had during my game on the teon server.

Unfortunately, after a month of playing on this server, I must sadly say that I am leaving this swamp forever.

Here are some reasons that led me to make this decision.

I. Bots everywhere

The introduction of the autohunting option was not the most tragic decision, but the situation on the server seen from the perspective of the player who is just joining the server and trying to build economics is hopeless.

Virtually every spot for gaining experience is packed with trains of boxes launched on botting programs. As evidenced by the fact of neat obstacle avoidance, healing when the party member's hp falls below a certain value instead of at fixed intervals, etc. That features are not included in macros and autohunt option.

What's more pathetic, if you kill such a train immediately logs on its owner at level 80+ to avenge his 40 level bots.

II. Server population is about 100 people

Despite the fact that the places to gain experience are completely filled with alternative characters, everything seems to indicate that a total of about 100 people play on this server, which can be seen on the castle sieges for example.

The sieges on the Giran server look like a small clan pvp when I was playing on Teon. If that's all the server can do, it's a pathetic waste of time.

High-level players complain that there are no new people on the server, but I would just like to ask how new people can hit the level when they are notorious PK'ed by high-level players just to free up space for their next alt party. After a month of struggling with idiots who PK me out with their mains despite the fact that the room next door was free I am just bored with the people here.

The whole server looks like one pathetic collective masturbation of a few guys who dream of impressing someone at least once in their life.

III. It is still MMO?

I only saw the only live players on this server during those pathetic pvp like shit that you call sieges. I don't know how ncsoft imagines enjoying the game if no one really plays it for the whole week. Chat is still spammed with adena sales offers because there are no ways to make money by any other method. Crafting does not exist, Drop rate is so pathetic that you don't even want to increase it by becoming a VIP. The behavior of the monsters has been specially set so that most are passive, to make being AFK even more pleasant.

It is not profitable to play because the first valuable items can only be obtained around level 80. Below this level nothing has any value. The new player has the choice to either set up his own bot train and join this miserable masturbation, or as I say to servers, thank you for lost time.

You stole the ideas of classic servers from world of warcraft, but instead of bringing the game back to its former glory, you made it a pathetic imitation of MMO witch the complexity of gameplay straight from cheap mobile games. Well played NC!

You have a good point here. Well said.

Most servers are play to win. This one is no exception.

As most other servers are this one is seniority driven and unfortunately have a chance to bypass Equipment penalties that open up opportunities for P.LVL of boxes.

Any server play is your commitment to understanding and embracing local rules individual server loopholes.

Playing on this particular server, some would say, is more protected than illegal servers.

The game is over 10 years old and needs some money poured in, so the environment is adapted for that.
Play L2 or a newer made game, but remember L2 is like the parent to bunch of other well-known MMORPGs.
This is more of the dive into past for most people who played as young adults and now have minds and means to play by the rules but against the system.

11 hours ago, ToJaGram said:

Good morning, I wanted to share with you my thoughts about the Classic server from the perspective of a player returning to the game after 10 years.

I came back because I liked the idea of returning lineage to the complex and developed form that this game had during my game on the teon server.

Unfortunately, after a month of playing on this server, I must sadly say that I am leaving this swamp forever.

I. Bots everywhere

The introduction of the autohunting option was not the most tragic decision, but the situation on the server seen from the perspective of the player who is just joining the server and trying to build economics is hopeless.

Virtually every spot for gaining experience is packed with trains of boxes launched on botting programs. As evidenced by the fact of neat obstacle avoidance, healing when the party member's hp falls below a certain value instead of at fixed intervals, etc. That features are not included in macros and autohunt option.

What's more pathetic, if you kill such a train immediately logs on its owner at level 80+ to avenge his 40 level bots.

Despite the fact that the places to gain experience are completely filled with alternative characters, everything seems to indicate that a total of about 100 people play on this server, which can be seen on the castle sieges for example.

The sieges on the Giran server look like a small clan pvp when I was playing on Teon. If that's all the server can do, it's a pathetic waste of time.

High-level players complain that there are no new people on the server, but I would just like to ask how new people can hit the level when they are notorious PK'ed by high-level players just to free up space for their next alt party. After a month of struggling with idiots who PK me out with their mains despite the fact that the room next door was free I am just bored with the people here.

The whole server looks like one pathetic collective masturbation of a few guys who dream of impressing someone at least once in their life.

III. It is still MMO?

I only saw the only live players on this server during those pathetic pvp like shit that you call sieges. I don't know how ncsoft imagines enjoying the game if no one really plays it for the whole week. Chat is still spammed with adena sales offers because there are no ways to make money by any other method. Crafting does not exist, Drop rate is so pathetic that you don't even want to increase it by becoming a VIP. The behavior of the monsters has been specially set so that most are passive, to make being AFK even more pleasant.

It is not profitable to play because the first valuable items can only be obtained around level 80. Below this level nothing has any value. The new player has the choice to either set up his own bot train and join this miserable masturbation, or as I say to servers, thank you for lost time.

You stole the ideas of classic servers from world of warcraft, but instead of bringing the game back to its former glory, you made it a pathetic imitation of MMO witch the complexity of gameplay straight from cheap mobile games. Well played NC!

I think the issue here is that you were expecting something else and got served with something completely different. About your points,

I) There are bots, no doubt about it, but the majority are not, you dont really need a bot program to farm if you setup proper groups and macros with autohunt, at least i havent found the need to do that. Moreover autohunt evens out the playing field between legit players and botters. Sure its not 100% efficient as a full bot program but its serviceable enough (with 2-3 tweaks it could be excellent).

II) Population at least on Giran is OK. Sure it is not the old L2 OFF but it is also not dead. PvP for me is active and i'm having fun. If people are killing you for a spot, well that is L2, i've also killed people cause im bored to move to the next room after i login, come and kill me back if you can. If not try to level up/gear up and come, i will be waiting.

III) Constant Drama - Check, People always bitching about everything - Check, Server Dying every week - Check, well yea, this is definetly an mmo, it passes all the needed criteria.

Anyways, i can concur that classic is not for everyone and i can understand it is not what you expected, for me i was pleasantly surprised, it was better than what i expected. As they say different strokes for different folks.

13 hours ago, ToJaGram said:

I. Bots everywhere

III. It is still MMO?

you are wrong, its summer, go make ppl play games when weather is good
also not all sieges are fight cuz if some side missess some key players that day it wont happen, go play something else

Edited by WutWutWut

✌
4 hours ago, VoiceOfReason said:

The game is over 10 years old and needs some money poured in, so the environment is adapted for that.

Play L2 or a newer made game, but remember L2 is like the parent to bunch of other well-known MMORPGs.
This is more of the dive into past for most people who played as young adults and now have minds and means to play by the rules but against the system.

Man, when I played 10 years ago bot trains was constantly punished, Client limit was set at 2 accounts per PC, Sieges was about 4k ppl on command channel and that was good.

This is bullshit when NC limits boxes to TEN PER PC and majority of players raise noise " How we can exp with that setup?". This is pathetic.

By introducing classic servers in WOW, they introduced both old mechanics and old quest lines. Classic in the NC version is just more grind, setting all classes so that only nukers are self-sufficient. And that's another bullshit when all nuke classes can easy have infinite mana. Even this is contrary to the basic idea of all nukers who always had heavy DPS but mana lasted for less than a minute of continuous spamming the attack. Currently, they can spam the attack for days, and as a result 90% of high-level players are nukers.

I have no complaints, but it is sad that NC is not able to do even such a simple thing as running a classic server. If they set the former limit of 1 PC - 2 copies of the game then the server would be empty. People here don't even know how to play without the full party of support.

Apparently NC is more profitable to milk those dozen of idiots who are fooling themselves that this server is alive and the mechanics are not broken. However, it seems to me that they would make more profit by introducing solutions encouraging old players to return because there are more of us than the hundred of currently playing. It works at WOW, so why wouldn't it work in lineage?

1 hour ago, WutWutWut said:

you are wrong, its summer, go make ppl play games when weather is good
also not all sieges are fight cuz if some side missess some key players that day it wont happen, go play something else

I think lot of people must return from vacation if you wanna get close to Old L2 sieges. As I said earlier, standard sieges were about 4 to 6 thousands of players. Last Gigan siege on Giran was about PVP 20 vs 20.

Hey, of course ur right when u say this server is nowhere near as populated as l2 used to be years ago.

But siege recently is not a good represantation of the server population (Giran server).

A lot of people are actually on holidays. This happens every summer.

Theres 2 main sides/alliances in this server and when one aide is not at its full strength they do not show up to take castle. Sometimes they also dont wanna go.

What u described as 20v20 was one of thoae times that the second ally dis not show up so whoever was there was just playin around.

Although u will not see thousands at siege, theres usually a good number.

To compete with the top 10-20 ppl in the server u have to either pay a lot, or make ur adena farming parties and wait few months to catch up.

Theres actually a lot of smaller clans in the server that do jot belomg in either of the 2 main alliances and as of yet do not participate in siege. They probably wont stand a chance until they gear up and reach 84+.

The way the server is setup it kind of skips everything below 76lvl.

They made it so u can pay few dollars/euros and get their starting packs and boosts and reach 76 in a matter of 1-4 days depending on ur knowledge of the server  gear and buffs.

Although it can be disapointing at first, once u have adena party going ita not too bad.

Although its not optimal to have one adena party going to support ur main party, this is the reality.

Its lineage bro and although the grins has changed, its still there.

U need to farm for months and months to catch up to either old players, or rich players. If u pay, u save time. But u can also grind and get there as well.

Edited by Ingwaz

My character at 50 lvl is ranked 6300 character on the server.

That perfectly explains how populated is that server. How many 60+ is? 2000 ?
70+ - 1000 ?

And that number includes all toons from the top player's bot parties.
BTW once I have been PKed by the player from server top 3 because he was unable to take me down in cruma with all his OE alt party.
That's the level of current "server elite" skills.

6 hours ago, ExExE said:

I am free 2 play player, why will i go to siege? So pay 2 win can one shot me? no ty. Pvp is dead because of the p2w. Let the idiots that spend 3k on this game pvp with themselves.

I can agree with that. Even price set for all drop items in regular shops to 0 shows how much NCSoft care about Classic version of the game. But if they want to kill lineage 2 they should have something better to offer, but all new NC products sux too much to atract anyone.

U need to farm for months and months to catch up to either old players, or rich players. If u pay, u save time. But u can also grind and get there as well.

So please tell me how free to play player can get VIp 10 benefits which contains:

• 1 VIp gift per day
  • XP/SP bonus +50%
  • Item drop rate + 300%
  • PvE damage +15%
  • PvP damage +15%
  • p.Def/Mdef +100
  • ALL STATS +4

That can be hard to obtain dye +4 to everything withount keeping account at vip 10 :)

Edited by ToJaGram

16 hours ago, ExExE said:

I am free 2 play player, why will i go to siege? So pay 2 win can one shot me? no ty. Pvp is dead because of the p2w. Let the idiots that spend 3k on this game pvp with themselves.

3k a month ya mean?