Plan of attack for a new Yul in L2 2020 (Advise wanted)

Karma2020

Dear L2 community,

I returned last week, I spend some $$ on Ncoins and I bought a +8/+7 Bloody Light Set and +15 Bloody R99 bow, apart from this everything else is Exalted gears from the main quest. 

I play Yul 105 soon 106.

What can I do at this point to progress? I want to farm Adena so I can buy better gear and reach other parts of the game and just enjoy the L2 world. 

Can you the experienced players out there kindly advise on the best course of action?

(Please respect my post, no unnecessary comments, foul language or unuseful advice.) 

I hope to reach the community of serious l2 players that know the game and don't mind sharing a few tips and tricks. 

Thank you and hope to see you in-game!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Karma2020 said:

Dear L2 community,

I returned last week, I spend some $$ on Ncoins and I bought a +8/+7 Bloody Light Set and +15 Bloody R99 bow, apart from this everything else is Exalted gears from the main quest. 

I play Yul 105 soon 106.

What can I do at this point to progress? I want to farm Adena so I can buy better gear and reach other parts of the game and just enjoy the L2 world. 

Can you the experienced players out there kindly advise on the best course of action?

(Please respect my post, no unnecessary comments, foul language or unuseful advice.) 

I hope to reach the community of serious l2 players that know the game and don't mind sharing a few tips and tricks. 

Thank you and hope to see you in-game!

Swap your bow to +12 r110 at least enchanted (than go dark and after that put bloody to get limited r110) 3sa ( at least 2 stage 8)

Jewlry (at least bless antharas, bless valakas, tauti, lindivior, rulers ring/ oly ring/ paulina eternal ring, or even dragon ones (if you can afford it)) 

gems (at least lvl 4)

talismans (abun lvl 1/ 7s/ insan) 

elmore +15 2 augments

circlet radiant at least +5 (+7/+10 if have luck enchanting)

rind shirt (gl enchanting this)

greater ari agation

artifact (at least lvl 2 book for the bonus + 2 artifacts)

forgotten book lvl 20 (patk)

+15 dex/cha dyes

skills at least +8 (+15/+20 if you have the codex)

Welcome back and GL, as you can see, you still need a loooot of stuff to be at least average yul on these days.

Edited by Lean
  • Thanks 1

No one should ever go Dex instead of Str for an archer unless all skills in the game have been redone.  Can we stop telling archers to go full dex it hurts your toon you only need a min level of dex to maximize its utility now that whole full dex thing is old news.  If you have 75 dex or more your fine.  Rest should go to Str.

Also if has a +15 bloody bow why would he swap for a +12 r110 enchanted?  He can upgrade it to +13 Bloody then use dark to make it limited.  Dark bows do nothing to help you level its pvp only and cheaper if its not already bloody.  R99 Bloody +15 > +12 R110 Enchanted on all aspects..../smh

Also Tauti Ring is not really effective for archers.  There are better rings for archers.  I mean your all over place with the recommendations here and nevermind if you do not build your toon right with the right dual skills or points in the right special abilities gear is irrelevant. 

Do you even play an archer?

Edited by Slycutter

Reading is fundamental:

Swap your bow to +12 r110 at least enchanted (than go dark and after that put bloody to get limited r110) 3sa ( at least 2 stage 8)

You compared a +12 R110 bloody to +15 R99 Bloody.

Now compare a +12 R110 Enhchanted to +15 R99 Bloody.

Do you even read?

1 hour ago, Slycutter said:

No one should ever go Dex instead of Str for an archer unless all skills in the game have been redone.  Can we stop telling archers to go full dex it hurts your toon you only need a min level of dex to maximize its utility now that whole full dex thing is old news.  If you have 75 dex or more your fine.  Rest should go to Str.

Also if has a +15 bloody bow why would he swap for a +12 r110 enchanted?  He can upgrade it to +13 Bloody then use dark to make it limited.  Dark bows do nothing to help you level its pvp only and cheaper if its not already bloody.  R99 Bloody +15 > +12 R110 Enchanted on all aspects..../smh

Also Tauti Ring is not really effective for archers.  There are better rings for archers.  I mean your all over place with the recommendations here and nevermind if you do not build your toon right with the right dual skills or points in the right special abilities gear is irrelevant. 

The reason for going r110 is the additional 150 element attack.  Element is arguably the most important stat in the current patch.  It hasn't been discussed much here but on the L2 Discord it's been shown that monster element defense was boosted significantly. 

For example, Fields of Silence mobs have 1369 Element Defense. 

Additionally, the formula for element attack might have changed as well.  There doesn't appear to be anymore "break points."  There seems to be a linear relationship between element attack vs. monster defense.  I "might" try and test this with Mega Strike but that seems like a pain lol.

Anyway, the point is Element Attack is VERY important now.

EDIT: After Skill Crit Dmg rings Tauti isn't too bad.  It has 5% Skill Power.  That's better than AQ/Baium/Earth Wyrm. 

Edited by Rodah

I wouldn't worry about jewellery right now get one from ncstore for 2k ncoins and buy paulina ticket to get paulina light armor ticket 400 ncoins use ring from there with 15% p. Skill crit dmg instead of tauti. 

Buy abundance lvl 1 buy longing talisman then Agathion seed talisman lvl 1. Buy 1 charm skill crit dmg now cheap due to event. Buy dyes dex for skill critical rate increase(dex) dex +5 cha +5)(cha gives all stat increase). Enchant skills at least +10% skill critical rate. Don't forget to purchase prestige pack 15$ a month to farm adena. When you got those items you should slowly be able to farm in storm Isle. Buy artifact book lvl 1 buy cheapest arti for now just to get stats boost from it. Save for 7s and then for insanity talisman.  

Make few boxes for fishing to get elcyum for upgrading your bow. To r110 +13 bloody. When you safe enough upgrade fishing rods. Then safe for a cloak +10. Try upgrading your seed talisman and artifacts slowly. Enchant your forgotten skill at least +10-15. Then you should be able to farm in Isle of souls stronghold. Good luck! 

• Thanks 1

As you can see, asking any questions on this forum is bound to result in PVP. :D

First question I have for you is what are your in-game goals? PVP or PVE? Strike out "farming adena", because it's pretty much impossible to do that these days with the low adena drop amounts.

If PVE...

The +15 R99 Bloody Bow and +8 Bloody light set is fine for now. It will get you to 110. After that, yes, you are going to want an R110 Bloody or Limited Bow. Mobs now have more Attribute defense, and even if they decide to keep the herb pots around that boost players' attack attribute, the 300 attribute from R99 doesn't compare to the 450 attribute from R110. It's expensive as hell, but eventually you'll want to step up to R110. 

Having said that, the beauty of being an archer is that you have three viable options for a build and all work in PVE. The first is use all of your money for a top weapon. The second is to use all of your money on accessories, skill enchants, and other items that enhance an archer's lethality. The third is to do a little of the first two. I chose the second. Average weapon, but for the price that it costs to buy or make a +12 R110 Bloody or Limited, I went all in on accessories, talismans, agathions, circlets, jewels, artifacts, cloak, dyes, and on and on Focus on items that boost P. Skill Crit Damage, P. Skill Power.  

I can't tell you what to do PVE because there's really no wrong path. But I notice that you didn't mention an Elmore Cloak. If you don't have one of those, make that your next major purchase.

If PVP...

Forget about it, unless you're rich irl. There are too many elites who can 1-shot you, even if you're equipped with a +10 Limited R110 Light set and a +27 Limited Bow. You're going to need at least a Stage 1 weapon to tickle them. So focus instead on leveling. Come back here when you get to 114 or so, and we'll give you more encouraging advice. Of course by then you'll already know what's up.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Slycutter said:

You will need at least 90 dex, do the math.

1- R99 cant be turned into limited so no pvp + pve that's why swap to r110 is better.

2- Dark first because to upgrade from echanted into dark will need 1 pcs of dark stone wich one is currently more expensive than bloody.

3- To turn dark weapon r110 into Limited you will need extra 30 pcs of bloody stones wich is cheaper than dark, so again do the math.

4- if you have difficulty interpreting, I will copy and paste here to facilitate, i think it is clear that the jewels I mentioned have more than one can equip, SO, pick wich one you pocket allow, so yes, tauti still a option.

Jewlry (at least bless antharas, bless valakas, tauti, lindivior, rulers ring/ oly ring/ paulina eternal ring, or even dragon ones (if you can afford it)

IF he have money to afford it, which i doubt, go straight to dragon jewelry, as i already said.

Maybe on another server, but on chronos, definitely not, maybe it's just a lowbie with a closed mind.

And about their choose, do whatever want, who cares anyway, one thing is certain, there is not much to escape from what I said, just for more.

The wallet is the limit, we aint talking about dragons weapons stage one +++ or even zarich/ akamanah thrower. greater gems, full skill +20 etc etc, again, GL. 

• Like 2

Now if he has no interest in progressing his equipment, yes, stay on the r99 bloody overenchanted, but keep in mind that there is a lot of r110 limited out there, those extra percent can make a difference.

And one more thing, if you are worried about future update about dye str / dex, the advise is not put either one, stay on the exalted and go straight to legendary later.

Again, in the end, your choices are up to you, you can be sure that at least what i said, proceeds, but in the end, it’s only up to you, do your own research and tests, keep in mind, that regardless of the equipment you buy, if you get a good price, you can resell it in the future and still make an extra adena.

Edit:

A loot of guys run on paulina eternal ring (not from l2store, the permanente one, if you get luck you find one in AH) + oly ring.

Bye.

Edited by Lean
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Slycutter said:

hmm.. did you check how much that upgrade would actually cost him.. i really wouldnt advice him to do that since it will be so much more expensive right now.

I would personally only do that upgrade if I had an augment i really wanted to keep

• Like 1

but to the point.. my advice is you get the pve gear you need for hunt.. before the pvp.gear.

You have some basics like.. dyes/OE skills/and FB skills

gear you need to upgrade due time.. maybe focus on easy getting items like artifact set lvl2/belt/agathion+bracelet.

Game is super focused on gear now.. you have items that at this point not even optional for hunting... but became a must to even earn back the consumables you spend :(

P.S. you should 1st make the armor set full +8 :P

Edited by NejJim

8 hours ago, Slycutter said:

Please explain to the world what 90 dex does?

Hi Sly, 

I believe that nowday's archers don't pay so much close attention to small changes in their classes. Hell, even I don't fully understand how daggers work after so many years on one.

It is not entirely our fault, as NC doesn't provide a detailed stat sheet, so we can't know, with undisputable certainty, what's right or not.

With all respect to the years you are around on an archer, I might be inclined to say that you are not up-to-date, OR that new archers are so blind from rumors and "people said that" so they just regurgitate information they have heard. 

On topic, I think that there must be a juji's Lab test around for that but I can't find the archive...

From my understanding and my test in game there a break point which is (75 dex) that doesn't further improve an archers core damage.  I am at max run speed, max attack speed, max crit rate and Skill damage is added to your Patk so where the Dex issue arises I am not sure.  I am going off my personal experience and even if helps crit rate you need the patk to do the damage that doesn't change.

https://youtu.be/vlqD2k7K5gI check this video and decide you have the passive so dex gives you skill critical rate and str gives you skill cast twice. For my archer is only dex but just my opinion of course. Sorry for an old video. I wouldn't offer any archer go str nowadays as after you have over 100 dex with all the items you can change enchant path on your skills from skill critical rate to p.def reduction (break) with str it wouldn't work as you wouldn't be able to have high dex for skill crit rate only STR (+p.atk)

Yes I seen that video and 3 years ago that may been the case but there has been a whole I mean a whole of changes since then, elemental damage been redone, lethal and half kills been redone, skill cooldown formula on some skills has been rework limits on max skills have been raised if you have certain runes or buffs so not really sure if that really applies anymore.

100 Dex on a GS is also a dream on MS maybe not but if dex was more important than STR why are almost all Archers GS and not MS?  Skills are pretty similar except the base stats.  MS are suppose to crit and be faster than GS.  So why not more MS if thats the case?

I have always played yul since Chronicles 2 so here is my advice.

Yuls damage is all about skills. Here are some of the most important upgrades that will improve your damage.

1. Get p.skill power and p.skill critical damage on your bow and cloak 

2. Get your dex to a minimum of 90. Dex increases your p.skill rate.

3. All the items you aquire make sure they will increase your skills critical damage, rate and power. Get Aries and cancer for agathions there are also many artifacts that will help with that. Angel ring +6, Paulina R99 ring etc.

4. Enchant your skill with focus until your p.skill crit rate is at least 80%. When you crit just about every shot then you can switch it to break to increase your damage even more.

Increasing your p.atk is also very important but should be secondary to all skills items.

But unlike some bad advice you are receiving... go dex, dex, dex.

I used to have +10 str and +5 dex after going all dex I had quite a noticeable difference as I landed more skill crits resulting in overall much more damage.

• Like 1

@Slycutter after reading your reflection on the Dex.. think you mistake the crit rate with p.skill crit rate.. there is no limit atm... prob why you thinking you maxed out at 75 Dex :P

About core dmg.. sure.. your crit during skills same regardless Dex.. BUT rate changes ALOT,, and big advantage to crit almost ALL the time

Edited by NejJim

Hello @Karma2020,

I used to play melee an of of if not the best archer on the server at the time was kind enough to teach me to set up an effective archer.

There are 2 few key principles first of all:

1. hardest hit an archer can make is with skill when that skil crits

2. If your $ spend is not unlimited you need to do the most with limited adena.

With those 2 in mind of your skill does not. rit you cand have 600k patk, you will not hit hard so: boost anything that makes ypur skills crit (p skill crit rate and dex that gives p skill crit rate) and that skill crit damage (not p crit damage, that is useless for yull) and p skill power.

so gear

short term, low adena ammount: talisman longing, tali abundance lvl 1 high grade, talisman venir 12, +15 dex from dyes, damage skills + 10 on skill crit rate, radiant circlet of authority +4 or +5, elmore cloak +7, artifact book lvl 2 with full non enchanted artifacts  

more expensive:

get the 110 bow, 150 extra element is important. also at lvl 110 you can get a more powerfull augment that you can get on r99. that aug should be p skill power 15% or p skill crit damage 20%

on your weapon you should put 2 kain cry lvl 8 or higher) one for p skill cd and one for p skill crit rate and one shillen lvl 4 or higher on p skill cd

awesome cloak would be elmore +15 wit 2 aug 1 p skill cd 7.5% and one with p skill power +15%

talisman insanity and seven signs (there are more but long list)

set you need to have +8(forskill refresh) or +10 endgame bloody. best ia 110 as your elem def can be 180 per elem per poece instead of 120 on r99

i hac. e focused on pve gear for1 simple reason: you need at least lvl 110. at 110 you get new skills and existing get better

you can upgrade a bloody bow r99 to bloody r110 and you lose 2 lvls but you cannot upgrade r 99 armor to r110, keep that in mind

idealy you would buy a rare acc pack untill you get money for perma boss or god jewells and a bloody rune 30 days.

your brocch jewells, ideally ruby 4 or higher, red cat eye 4 or higher, emeral4 4+

betrer gear than this you will become aware of as you progress

my 2 cents.. i made my archer effective with just spending real $ on prestige and destiny, i farmed adena for the rest

best adena on 110 and lower is isle of souls and storm isle

• Thanks 1

DEX is good for P. Skill Crit Rate. So, too, is Cancer Agathion. And Artifact.  And the new dyes give you DEX as well as STR and CHA... so can we please stop with the zero sum thinking? You can max out DEX and STR and CHA, if you are either lucky or rich enough. More than one way to skin a cat.

Edited by Get2ThePoint
  • Thanks 1