Serious question - Why do top clans/player still use 3rd party programs.

Slycutter

I am not asking anyone to admit personal use but lets break it down.

You have the levels, you have the gear, and you still use automated programs to remove any chance of losing.  When you see top people fight sometimes it watching whose computer has a faster response time because neither is actively playing their toons.

So I simply ask why?  Why even keep continuing to play a game that you hardly interact all in ?  I cannot understand that point it is a game but your not playing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Slycutter said:

You have the levels, you have the gear, and you still use automated programs to remove any chance of losing.  When you see top people fight sometimes it watching whose computer has a faster response time because neither is actively playing their toons.

So I simply ask why?  Why even keep continuing to play a game that you hardly interact all in ?  I cannot understand that point it is a game but your not playing.

Fear of loss. For those people it's like a business, that they are afraid to lose. Most of them have invested years nolifing to be able to generate income, which will very likely seize if they don't have the edge.

The only thing that keeps them afloat is that ncw never really cared, so they keep having the edge over the rest who don't use these bots to automate everything.

I haven't notice in years i guess since I wasn't actively playing as much as now but now that I am creeping more towards the top end players I see it more and more and honestly it makes me not want to play.  PvP grudges etc can be fun against real people but when no matter how good you get or how good your gear gets you will never win, its kind of pointless endeavor to keep playing.  I know when NCSoft hammered that top clan that shall not be named it up ended up upending lot of things but brought a little sense of maybe glimmer of hope but I see someone new will always replace top cheaters and sadly that I believe is the death of this game, unless you let everyone freely use 3rd party programs then it will never be an even playing field.

7 hours ago, Slycutter said:

I know you say this is a serious question, but it comes across as rhetorical. You already know the answer. 

The better question is why is the cheating allowed? If regular players know what the elites are doing, the GMs and NCSoft knows it. After all, people in Korea cheat, too. Nothing new under the sun by the time the game gets rolled out here in the West. They could catch and kill the 3rd party stuff before it even starts. But they don't.

23 hours ago, Slycutter said:

And this is the best post in all the forum... simple as that... WHY?

@Hime

@Juji

On 9/30/2020 at 12:48 PM, SweetSacrifice said:

And this is the best post in all the forum... simple as that... WHY?

@Hime

@Juji

Because you cannot stop people from sin. This how the whole internet works, there are no boundaries. No one can control it, anyone with some understanding of how the connection is being established can use it. The network is alive as same as you go outside to the night club or any crowded areas like concerts and there are plenty of different mentality people. Someone can just beat ya, some even more evil or you can meet some people who will change your life for good. You have to realize that if there is entrance wide open anyone will go inside including cheaters. If you want to get rid of cheats forever you have to close the doors and lock it which is actually possible, however, no one will be able to enter this entrance literally Noone. What point of locking yourself out? 

The only what you can do about it is learn to deal with it or accept it. Be as you are or become the same as they are which leads to consequences you want it or not at some point in time. 

I hope you understand what I tried to say here ) 

If i understand correctly what bothers you, it's the macros, delete all the macros and you will see that after 10 minutes you will be fed up, and i think there will not be many people in L2, 24 hours impossible, all interact more or less, according to the desires, the needs and the availability of each one, and some always want to be more and more strong in one way or another, it's human !

Thanks !

Edited by Chanix
  • Thanks 1

On 04/10/2020 at 2:39 AM, Whatif said:

Because you cannot stop people from sin. This how the whole internet works, there are no boundaries. No one can control it, anyone with some understanding of how the connection is being established can use it. The network is alive as same as you go outside to the night club or any crowded areas like concerts and there are plenty of different mentality people. Someone can just beat ya, some even more evil or you can meet some people who will change your life for good. You have to realize that if there is entrance wide open anyone will go inside including cheaters. If you want to get rid of cheats forever you have to close the doors and lock it which is actually possible, however, no one will be able to enter this entrance literally Noone. What point of locking yourself out? 

The only what you can do about it is learn to deal with it or accept it. Be as you are or become the same as they are which leads to consequences you want it or not at some point in time. 

I hope you understand what I tried to say here ) 

People that sin get punished... That´s exactly what we need in here also. Perma ban to cheaters means they lose full gear so they would stop this stuff. Easy as that.

The way u wrote this seems like you are a bit scared about this happening, can i guess why?

13 hours ago, Slycutter said:

No Chanix... Whatif got it, Get2thepoint both did.

Nothing to do with macros.

I understand what your saying Whatif, even though its just a game people want to win even if they have to cheat to do it.

You didn't understand ! so i will be clearer !

I am talking about "macro" which is a series of automated actions that third-party software also does (some more complete than others) because it's the first cause that there is less interaction.

The question is not to know why cheating is allowed or why some people cheat, but the best question would be why there are flaws in all systems ? It's like saying the fire is burning or the water's wet... There is nothing perfect, the risk 0 does'nt  exist, there are flaws everywhere, in informatics, but also everywhere in life, and there always gonna be, it's only a question about matter of time before some people find and / or take advantage of them.

Thanks !

Edited by Chanix
  • Like 1

Why was your question. The answer is because they are weak. The weak will never win unless they cheat, winners never cheat and cheaters never win. If I win I really win, if they win they just cheated. It is this differences that separates winners and losers. Game is still fun in some strange way.

17 hours ago, SweetSacrifice said:

People that sin get punished... That´s exactly what we need in here also. Perma ban to cheaters means they lose full gear so they would stop this stuff. Easy as that.

The way u wrote this seems like you are a bit scared about this happening, can i guess why?

I'm not scared of anything, there is no fear in my life I even look death into his eyes. I do understand how the world is and I accept all parts of it. I choose where I want to be and I learned how to deal with everything that's around me. Never cry, or beg  I always accept challenges given. I won many cheaters in my life )) You have no idea the feeling  ))