Forums

BIG patches, future updates any news?

Does anyone know if there is any upcoming BIG patches like ( Goddess of destruction, fafurion or etc. I'm not talking about humunculus and humunculus 2.0  Adding 5 homunculus doesn't count as massive patch..)

As at the moment we are lacking some basic MMORPG stuff.

1) Quests-what mmorpg doesn't have quests (don't need to answer as we are here)

2) Story - This part missing after Goddess of Destruction.

3) Achievements -(let me rephrase: items, achievable in game loot mob drops etc.. High Five patch was awesome with this stuff. bring it back.)  

97% NPC doesn't even have a purpose  since they are outdated, do anyone remember Seed Manor Traders in every Town. What's the purpose of them now??

Some of them NPC's give critical error once you try to talk to them..

Plus map is shirked to 14 locations...

Untitled1.jpg

90% of the Lineage 2 world is not in use as its still stuck in Scions of Destiny and Kamael (Gracia) patches which were 20 years ago.. (aight might be less but you get the point)

Elven Fortress, Giant Cave(inner cave), Devil Isle, Beast Farm, Wasteland, Forgotten Temple, Garden of Eva, Wall of Argos, Valley of the Saints, Pavel Ruins, Gracia Continent..

List can go on and on and on..  You get my point.

• Like 3

It's a 17 year old game with a dwindling global population. It's unable/unwilling to attract new players (yeah I know,how amazing, start a char during the exp event and you can be 105/105 in 7 days, then vitality rune expires and it takes 2 months to get to 106) so don't expect swaths of fresh content.

Right now the only purpose of the game is to milk as much money as possible out of those that couldn't really play 15 years ago and are now mid thirties with disposable income and have a nostalgic love for it. If you think about it, there's AAA titles out there that cost a fraction of what this F2P game costs. So yeah. They will recycle content till those get bored and then shut the doors.

1 minute ago, MsJones said:

It's a 17 year old game with a dwindling global population. It's unable/unwilling to attract new players (yeah I know,how amazing, start a char during the exp event and you can be 105/105 in 7 days, then vitality rune expires and it takes 2 months to get to 106) so don't expect swaths of fresh content.

Right now the only purpose of the game is to milk as much money as possible out of those that couldn't really play 15 years ago and are now mid thirties with disposable income and have a nostalgic love for it. If you think about it, there's AAA titles out there that cost a fraction of what this F2P game costs. So yeah. They will recycle content till those get bored and then shut the doors.

I know what you mean I'm playing NA servers since 2006 and I've seen a lot (with breaks) "and yes I got nearly end game toon" ,

But last 3 years was most boring in game which I've experienced in those years, don't mind them changing from p2p to f2p(p2w),

as there is no content anymore.. that's the saddest thing.. Long waited L3 never come out also..

• L2 Team
23 hours ago, gags said:

Does anyone know if there is any upcoming BIG patches like ( Goddess of destruction, fafurion or etc. I'm not talking about humunculus and humunculus 2.0  Adding 5 homunculus doesn't count as massive patch..)

As at the moment we are lacking some basic MMORPG stuff.

1) Quests-what mmorpg doesn't have quests (don't need to answer as we are here)

2) Story - This part missing after Goddess of Destruction.

3) Achievements -(let me rephrase: items, achievable in game loot mob drops etc.. High Five patch was awesome with this stuff. bring it back.)  

97% NPC doesn't even have a purpose  since they are outdated, do anyone remember Seed Manor Traders in every Town. What's the purpose of them now??

Some of them NPC's give critical error once you try to talk to them..

Plus map is shirked to 14 locations...

Untitled1.jpg

90% of the Lineage 2 world is not in use as its still stuck in Scions of Destiny and Kamael (Gracia) patches which were 20 years ago.. (aight might be less but you get the point)

Elven Fortress, Giant Cave(inner cave), Devil Isle, Beast Farm, Wasteland, Forgotten Temple, Garden of Eva, Wall of Argos, Valley of the Saints, Pavel Ruins, Gracia Continent..

List can go on and on and on..  You get my point.

The cadence of our content updates has been drastically increased from every 9 months to every 4 months, which is why we no longer have the so-called "big patches" anymore. We are now releasing 3 minor/moderate content updates per year instead of 1 massive update per year. The process changed right after the Fafurion content update in May 2019, which was about 9 months from the last update (Salvation: Etina's Fate).

We can push out more content updates per year with the change in update cadence, which also gives us less compatibility issues like being able to run proper Anniversary events around our anniversary date. The process in moving to more frequent content updates was applied to all overseas regions, so it was not something we could change.

1. Quests - The system for most non-starter/beginner quests was changed after the switch to the automed hunting system. I understand there is lack of quests and I do not have an answer at this time when we will see more quest lines (e.g. Seven Signs) added.

2. Story - Lore used to be included on the KR powerwiki and on some of the content updates pages, but we have not seen anything lately since the powerwiki was removed. I will check with the writer who works on the L2 lore to see if we can get some updates to it since we recently received lore on Death Knight and Sylph for Aden.

3. Achievements/Loot - The drops changed with our F2P transition in 2011 and again when automated hunting was introduced. We may see some future improvements to the types of items being dropped, but we will have to see once the Dev team shares more details.

4. Old NPCs/Hunting Zones - We already raised this issue up to our Dev team regarding outdated monsters still remaining in the world and requests for revamping the content. It is mainly up to the local development team to implement these hunting zone changes/revamps.

1 hour ago, gags said:

Screenshot-20210726-192136-Remote-Deskto

Talking to npc @Juji @Hime

Which NPC gave you the critical error? We have an open bug in still for the teleporting critical issue with Dev.

• Thanks 5

On 7/26/2021 at 8:52 PM, Juji said:

The cadence of our content updates has been drastically increased from every 9 months to every 4 months, which is why we no longer have the so-called "big patches" anymore. We are now releasing 3 minor/moderate content updates per year instead of 1 massive update per year. The process changed right after the Fafurion content update in May 2019, which was about 9 months from the last update (Salvation: Etina's Fate).

We can push out more content updates per year with the change in update cadence, which also gives us less compatibility issues like being able to run proper Anniversary events around our anniversary date. The process in moving to more frequent content updates was applied to all overseas regions, so it was not something we could change.

1. Quests - The system for most non-starter/beginner quests was changed after the switch to the automed hunting system. I understand there is lack of quests and I do not have an answer at this time when we will see more quest lines (e.g. Seven Signs) added.

2. Story - Lore used to be included on the KR powerwiki and on some of the content updates pages, but we have not seen anything lately since the powerwiki was removed. I will check with the writer who works on the L2 lore to see if we can get some updates to it since we recently received lore on Death Knight and Sylph for Aden.

3. Achievements/Loot - The drops changed with our F2P transition in 2011 and again when automated hunting was introduced. We may see some future improvements to the types of items being dropped, but we will have to see once the Dev team shares more details.

4. Old NPCs/Hunting Zones - We already raised this issue up to our Dev team regarding outdated monsters still remaining in the world and requests for revamping the content. It is mainly up to the local development team to implement these hunting zone changes/revamps.

Which NPC gave you the critical error? We have an open bug in still for the teleporting critical issue with Dev.

@Juji cant remember for sure which exactly npc it was but it was in Elven Village and once i got critical 2 of my 3toons get critical also this screenshot i think of the second toon as I have submitted(report a bug button) first critical error , was a bit bored so tried to explore some hidden places or find a hidden old school quest where you have to kill 12 wolves or something like that just to do something in game.

Sorry for late reply been off for awhile.

Also @Jujiappreciate your time for replying to my questions , also I can understand your point as it out of your powers to make any changes/updates as it is dev decision to push contents for NA and etc , also missed them cinematics which used to be in Gracia or later ones, I think  😍

Story is gone for way to long as every "patch/update" is just a name no more story even Fafurion cinematic was awesome to watch while waiting for client to update to get inside the game!!! 🥰

Just really sad there is no content to play or explore as I said before just sad that mmorpg game doesn't have quests (main thing in this genre), as rather I would go kill 12 wolves to get 100k adena (of course  I can get them 100k from 10mobs) but that "Striving feeling" of accomplishing quest or something is missing now. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

@JujiIt's not just about updates and L2 lore but we never get any "fun" events any longer. I remember the smashing pumpkins event and long ago killing pigs in town with a Salvation bow. Now all we get is more P2W and endless boring afk grinding. There's no sense of community any longer where you would get in a party and have fun and laugh. Guess that's to be expected with "legal" L2 afk botting.

• Like 1

On 7/30/2021 at 7:53 PM, Sharlanna said:

@JujiIt's not just about updates and L2 lore but we never get any "fun" events any longer. I remember the smashing pumpkins event and long ago killing pigs in town with a Salvation bow. Now all we get is more P2W and endless boring afk grinding. There's no sense of community any longer where you would get in a party and have fun and laugh. Guess that's to be expected with "legal" L2 afk botting.

Agree with that as now you join party and only party lead is active for 5mins to say hello and goes afk again ,

Actually even thoe with  AFK macros u can get chat within dailes which last 20mins max ,

I don't mind afk grinding, but I missed things were you have to group to do some quest , like stakato quest for materialias in Gracia Kamael (or patches before)

Quests to kill raid bosses as it used to be in High Five to get a weapon , 

Plus like now those field bosses are useless as F4ck, no one goes to kill them as they are 120lvl (which is way overpowered) and drops r99 gear..  or nothing at all..

There is only few bosses which are worth to kill but impossible to get in or make a group as its now "clan/ally instance" 

Raid boss system have to be changed also, hope @Juji will drop some suggestions to dev team to shake l2 live servers a bit but probably they are preparing for Aden so Live won't get any attention any time soon until Aden will die out as Classic did. 

• Like 1

afk auto hunting is never going to go away so that should never be the complaint.  maybe there is some universal vitality given daily so once you used up those vitality, you have less incentive to keep be in constant party so you can break away to explore the world and do things.

but make the vitality worth it on a daily basis...  up to you game designer to make vitality 4 hours, 8 hours per day whatever you think it's a good balance.  outside of those 4 or 8 hours, the XP reward drastically drops forcing people to do other things instead of mindless senseless XP XP XP. lol.

Lineage 2 has many beautiful graphics of many different worlds... it'll be fun to be running around again to explore the world.  I kind of miss those.

On 7/25/2021 at 10:43 PM, MsJones said:

The 3.8%/day quest from IT at 105 says you are full of shit! Getting to 107 is 2 months by doing the bare minimum. Of course you need a clan for that and not many people want to carry a naked 105 alt through IT so yeah, oh well thats a problem for another time.

Yea I even gave them a way to do the new dragons.  One to favor Shillien and one to favor her father Einshaed (sp?)

Make them sort of faction based but for extra rewards but still can kill both.  Reinvent the Gludin region to pay homage to Shillien, and Oren region to pay homage to Einshaed.  You have to defeat respective dragon to be able to challenge  the god's themselves. (like a proof of blood or something that everyone who is in the raid gets for successfully killing the dragon) 

Could call the update the Rise and Fall of Gods and Dragons.  Let me see my whole post about that.

Herald of Light Poll & Feedback Collection - Page 6 - Archive - Forums (lineage2.com)