other people complaints

I have seen for the past 2 hours a lot of topics a lot of complaints from people about botting,pay2win,items being pricey.

And that put me in thinking. I am a come back player i stopped playing back in 2014 and i decided to come back recently (nothing as i remembered it) anyway.

All this things that i mentioned above have a common factor and that is "Adena".

So my question is: is there any place to farm Adena these days? I have seen some videos on YouTube on Storm isles and Atelia fort. If you have Adena you can buy anything INCLUDING EXP items from other players willing to pay actual money. Especially with the new (to me) "AFK system" you could make billions over night.

Please help me understand or if you have ideas on how the servers (Chronos/Naia) could be better.

i stopped around Dec 2014 as well and came back a few months back. The idea is simple, you will need to spend money to make money. Imagine this, back in they day a new returning player could not catch up to the top players, the same thing happens now. 

However you will need to spend some or enough money to be able to farm on your own, depending on your class. There is so much gear you need right now that you will have to prioritize where you spend your money. The game has far too many items added compared to what it was in 2014 so you will have to do some research on what your next upgrade will be. ( me as an archer, I started with CoC belt, +5 Radiant circlet, Dragon Rind Shirt, +7 elmore, +8 R110 bloody bow and a regular +8 R99 set and worked my way up).

Now it may seem that items are more expensive now, when in fact they are not ( with the exception of a few items) the reason is simple, the ncoin/usd exchange rate. Back in february a top +5 Top Kaliels Bracelet was around 34-35 bil @ 3.5$/bil, now a bil is around 1.9-2$ and the kaliels bracelet is around 55bil. The amount of adena you earned however has not increased so the best path is to try and buy Ncoin, sell boxes and buy items.

Your best be is to buy whatever item is available on the event. For example ( back on february) CoC belts going price was 22+bil, on the event that came out, prices dropped to 14bil a piece and I was able to get mine for cheap.

The game is a marathon, not a sprint!

• Like 2

the idea is simple, you need to figure out how to get to the point where you can "farm" adena (which is basically call it level 113+) . Conservatively the items you will need to start farming will cost you around 300 billion (that's on the cheap side, realistically figure 500) because try as you might, you can't "farm" with exalted gear. Because these are time limited zones, you need kill speed to make money. It's no use going to PI for example and taking an hour to kill 50 mobs, you still won't be making adena.

sorry, you need way more than that, I was also under the impression that you need that much but realistically you need more
here are the minimum stuff you could use/ might need as a DD:

+7 Elmore 50b+
+10 blessed exalted set $50
CoC Belt 24b
Insanity 16b
Protection Talisman ( at least +7) 30b
Dragon rind shirt 40b+
Ruby 4 -- 35b although you need the lv5 which is 100b
Red cat 4 -- 45b
Opal 5 -- 50b
Diamond 5 -- 25b
Pearl 5 -- 14b
7Signs -- 22b
+5 Greaters Kaliel bracelet - 12bil
Dyes 7-12b depending on what you find available
+6 or 7 agathion depending on your class 4-7 bil ( just need one, can use the exalted bracelet till 110)
lv2 book and all +0 articats (fpr the lv2 book) 10 bil
around 100bil to get book to lv3 and all the major ones to +4
around 6-8 bil to upgrade the Brooch to a 5 slot one

ideally
+5 radiant authority 50b+
sayhas talisman *whatever you can afford to spend
we have not added any weapon to the mix yet, which is 75bil +  for at least a +8 R110, add 2x SA crystals and a few bil for auguments it getting out of hand!

*keep in mind that this is not an ideal build for a specific class, just a list of gear that you might need opinions may vary so do your own research on dmg/bil you can afford to buy

That's why I said 300 is on the cheap side and realistically you need closer to 500. Add everything you listed up and see

I mean you don't *need* some of the items, for example you can throw 2-3 billion on your exalted talisman and make a Longing which is "good enough". You can buy a chef monkey belt instead of rulers which is 1/5 th the price. etc etc. Level 3 book you can do after 114, cmon, if you buy everything before 110 what's the point in farming? What's left, a dragon weapon?

PS some of the items you list are really not needed for farming. Farming = 1 max 2 shoting mobs and getting the adena. Severn Signs, protection = pointless.  Lots of defensive items are pointless. You will need them(and can buy them) later in game. Same applies to Greater kaliel's ...

4 hours ago, Mete said:

That's why I said 300 is on the cheap side and realistically you need closer to 500. Add everything you listed up and see

I mean you don't *need* some of the items, for example you can throw 2-3 billion on your exalted talisman and make a Longing which is "good enough". You can buy a chef monkey belt instead of rulers which is 1/5 th the price. etc etc. Level 3 book you can do after 114, cmon, if you buy everything before 110 what's the point in farming? What's left, a dragon weapon?

PS some of the items you list are really not needed for farming. Farming = 1 max 2 shoting mobs and getting the adena. Severn Signs, protection = pointless.  Lots of defensive items are pointless. You will need them(and can buy them) later in game. Same applies to Greater kaliel's ...

without most of the items you cant really do IoS which is around 30% of your daily income until 112

12 minutes ago, Connex said:

without most of the items you cant really do IoS which is around 30% of your daily income until 112

an archer maybe can't farm ios without 500billion worth of gear, other classes can. There's a reason archers are good, but very expensive to become good.

On 8/9/2021 at 5:17 AM, Savitar1995 said:

I have seen for the past 2 hours a lot of topics a lot of complaints from people about botting,pay2win,items being pricey.

And that put me in thinking. I am a come back player i stopped playing back in 2014 and i decided to come back recently (nothing as i remembered it) anyway.

All this things that i mentioned above have a common factor and that is "Adena".

So my question is: is there any place to farm Adena these days? I have seen some videos on YouTube on Storm isles and Atelia fort. If you have Adena you can buy anything INCLUDING EXP items from other players willing to pay actual money. Especially with the new (to me) "AFK system" you could make billions over night.

Please help me understand or if you have ideas on how the servers (Chronos/Naia) could be better.

the game requires some real life financial investment to get your toon to a place that you will be happy with.  What that is for each person is different.

Regarding farming adena, isle of souls and toi are the 2 main spots, both of which are timed instance zones.  IoS 1 needs lvl 110-112 to be viable.  IoS2 needs 112+ and better gear,  ToI can be entered at 110, but it may be hard to kill there until 113-115 range depending on gear.  Storm and Atelias can give decent adena.  Spores/Ketra/Varka/Neutral Zone also give decent adena for party play.  You also need prestige (monthly fee) for adena farming, and all party members require it for anyone to get the bonus.

As others have mentioned: 500b to 1trillion in gear is referenced as kind of the "normal" required budget to get a toon in mediocre shape.  This would include artifacts +4, +7 cloak, +12 bloody r110, exalted, etc.  this doesnt mean you will destroy everything, but its unfortunately the current state of the game and the content.  If you consider it will take a year for a normal person to get 110-112 form 0, and adena is about $2/bil if u buy in game via ncoin, thats about 1-2 grand over a year.   Not that bad in my opinion for a time waste hobby.

Now, why are people complaining?

Well, the pay2win model tends to not be very rewarding the past 6 months.  The loot boxes have gone dry and many "spenders" are getting annoyed.  People are openly complaining and multiple people have moved to Core for cheaper prices.  Until NCsoft realistically looks at their price model, i doubt this changes.

Bots are always complained about.  The in game afk macro makes this a mute point to me, but some people still think this is an issue.  Please be aware though, many of the bot complaints are in reference to item farming (dragons, blood swords, olympiad, etc.).  The people complaining about a bot in an xp spot are probably misinformed.

Update was very lackluster and missed any good content for the majority of players.  This has caused people to be rather upset with the state/direction of the game.

i can go on, but ive typed alot.  Lineage 2 isnt what it used to be.  It is an idler more akin to a mobile game than a true MMO.  However, if you understand what it is, spend responsibly, it can still be fun.  You can earn adena in game, but the investment to get there may take some time to make back.

Answering what the cost of fun is for you, and if L2 is worth that cost, is for you to decide :)  goodluck

• Like 1

I see you speaking of 500b gear to farm effectively and It  seems so far from reality!

I am 113 Yul with arround 2Tril Gear and I still can't farm IOS Stronghold II and TOI where the real farming is.

Farming IOS stronghold I and Storm Isle, give a sum of arround 500m. + a good PI run with Destiny pack would give arround 500m worth of scrolls to sell + 200m for the rest of the day hunting in Open areas + maybe some loot from a Crisis box = 1.4b/day.

Believe me... 1b to 1.4b/day is NO FARMING! With a Red Cat lv5 costing 160b, one would need 4months of hunting to get it.

In my Opinion, one has to aquire gear of 4-5tril and reach lvl115-116 to really start farming adena effectively.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, KazAnakiuS said:

I see you speaking of 500b gear to farm effectively and It  seems so far from reality!

I am 113 Yul with arround 2Tril Gear and I still can't farm IOS Stronghold II and TOI where the real farming is.

Farming IOS stronghold I and Storm Isle, give a sum of arround 500m. + a good PI run with Destiny pack would give arround 500m worth of scrolls to sell + 200m for the rest of the day hunting in Open areas + maybe some loot from a Crisis box = 1.4b/day.

Believe me... 1b to 1.4b/day is NO FARMING! With a Red Cat lv5 costing 160b, one would need 4months of hunting to get it.

In my Opinion, one has to aquire gear of 4-5tril and reach lvl115-116 to really start farming adena effectively.

naia red cat 5 its 240b, and ruby 5 180b+

If you don't p2w you can farm around 200-400mil a day at level 110. 

Considering "average" builds are around 300-500bil so you only need to farm Adena for around 1500 days to gear up (3-4 years depending how lucky you are with drops).

So yes, game is unplayable if you can't afford it. On the other hand game is surely fun and you can have lots of quality gaming time with the right company :))

8 minutes ago, StahpDestroy said:

So yes, game is unplayable if you can't afford it. On the other hand game is surely fun and you can have lots of quality gaming time with the right company :))

The game was fun 15 years ago, when a siege involved 200 parties, and open field pvp was a daily occurrence. Now the game is just feeding the addiction of those that are in their 30s and rapidly heading into middle age (I include myself in that) and have disposable income. And sieges involve 2 and a half parties and people afk grind for years and just spend real money to buy digital items as if those items will make them "endgamers"

If you look at the actual content the game provides, it's truly pityful.

• Like 2

I gotta agree, 500b sounds extremely low to be able to farm,  even consumables are gonna start to add up.  Going to ToI in a party is not farming.

It hurts to tell new players to drop a grand on their toon just to be invited to daily parties or just "play" the game. 

4 hours ago, KazAnakiuS said:

that is so true, I was thinking it would be easy to farm but getting about 1T in gear but boy I was wrong! If you are not farming AOE, then you are not farming at all. Although I was able to do IoS before the last change, it really took me about 500b in gear & upgrades to be able to farm in there and by farm, I mean 310m/hour.

So glad that I am not the only one experiencing this, I literally was going through my gear to see what I was doing wrong!

1 hour ago, Connex said:

that is so true, I was thinking it would be easy to farm but getting about 1T in gear but boy I was wrong! If you are not farming AOE, then you are not farming at all. Although I was able to do IoS before the last change, it really took me about 500b in gear & upgrades to be able to farm in there and by farm, I mean 310m/hour.

So glad that I am not the only one experiencing this, I literally was going through my gear to see what I was doing wrong!

to farm proper adena on a single target class, you need to be in perma 1 shot world.  then it still doesnt compare to a yul who has range.  still, you cap a single spot theoretical max on income.  range can 2x that most places.

if only i had skipping kid on my dagger...  QQ

2 hours ago, Connex said:

Although I was able to do IoS before the last change, it really took me about 500b in gear & upgrades to be able to farm in there and by farm, I mean 310m/hour.

Yes, in IOS 1, i do 350m/hour. This is not farm. This is rediculous. Before they nerf IOS 1, I was doing arround 650-700m/h so, I started buying IOS recharge stones to farm 3 hours there and make 2b.

Now that they nerfed IOS 1, I have no reason to buy an IOS stone, as they cost exactly as much as I make. 350m cost - 350m earn.

IOS 2 and TOI is where the money is, and you need to be top player to farm there.

4 minutes ago, voo said:

buy 1 set of gear but make 4 toons to farm and share the gear.  inital investment high....but in long run you will have enuf adena til end of game

you also need 1:1 prestige packs and equivalent buffers, of course ALL the gear has to be tradable, meaning no forgotten skills, no dragon shirt/circlet auguments and finally at LEAST one more weapon since your main toon will have to have an augument.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KazAnakiuS said:

Yes, in IOS 1, i do 350m/hour. This is not farm. This is rediculous. Before they nerf IOS 1, I was doing arround 650-700m/h so, I started buying IOS recharge stones to farm 3 hours there and make 2b.

Now that they nerfed IOS 1, I have no reason to buy an IOS stone, as they cost exactly as much as I make. 350m cost - 350m earn.

IOS 2 and TOI is where the money is, and you need to be top player to farm there.

current ios1 is 350/hour on 1 spot

current ios2 is 850kk/hour on 1 spot

previous farm rates above this have been long gone for a while.  sucks, yes, but those are long gone...

On 8/9/2021 at 11:37 AM, Connex said:

i stopped around Dec 2014 as well and came back a few months back. The idea is simple, you will need to spend money to make money. Imagine this, back in they day a new returning player could not catch up to the top players, the same thing happens now. 

However you will need to spend some or enough money to be able to farm on your own, depending on your class. There is so much gear you need right now that you will have to prioritize where you spend your money. The game has far too many items added compared to what it was in 2014 so you will have to do some research on what your next upgrade will be. ( me as an archer, I started with CoC belt, +5 Radiant circlet, Dragon Rind Shirt, +7 elmore, +8 R110 bloody bow and a regular +8 R99 set and worked my way up).

Now it may seem that items are more expensive now, when in fact they are not ( with the exception of a few items) the reason is simple, the ncoin/usd exchange rate. Back in february a top +5 Top Kaliels Bracelet was around 34-35 bil @ 3.5$/bil, now a bil is around 1.9-2$ and the kaliels bracelet is around 55bil. The amount of adena you earned however has not increased so the best path is to try and buy Ncoin, sell boxes and buy items.

Your best be is to buy whatever item is available on the event. For example ( back on february) CoC belts going price was 22+bil, on the event that came out, prices dropped to 14bil a piece and I was able to get mine for cheap.

The game is a marathon, not a sprint!

)) Ok,  what people do not understand is this  so called -->l2store shop. Here is the thing , all the progress in l2 is like domino . The guy you is at place idk 1236 trying to compete with guy  at 1135 in the worlds ranking. They both do the same > farm adena 24/7 exp 24/7  and doing things idk events and stuffz.  Eventually you realise that  no matter how hard you try the guy keeps running away while you keep trying to catch. 

Next. You open l2store. And drop 50$  to catch up a little bit outside of farmable "possibilities"  So that is from point of view  of the guy who is at place 1236. Next the other point of view is the guy 1135  becauuuuuse he is competing with the guy who is somewhere at idk world ranking 1050. They both do the same )) they trying to farm up more adena and all this thing they do right. 

So story repeats , and the fact higher the rankings the more you open l2store  and more you need to spend there. In general conclusion is as follow. Anything what is in top are big spenders or RMT sellers ( also big spenders ) :)    The ones who on top will always keep try to deny your adena farm  all the areas where is adena will be denied and highly competed.   

Basically it narrows down to the fact  that its a wallet wars who is richer guy and can afford more to spend. Thats it.  The only winner in here "$ wise" is  NCsoft. But hey big power , or big fun cost a lot  ( either way it cost yo soul  )  :) .  many many many, makes all fanny ))) 

13 hours ago, voo said:

buy 1 set of gear but make 4 toons to farm and share the gear.  inital investment high....but in long run you will have enuf adena til end of game

Come on man, what set and weapon can you share between 4 toon, un-augmented armor and weapon? how many prestige packs is that?  boss jewels, brooch's, forgotten skills, circlets, shirts, and TIME!  what, buy a stage 2 dragon weapon so 4 toons can farm adena, you know damn well this is not feasible.  get 4 toons to 112, with no xp event, nope, or 8 cuz buffers share the timed zone also?  your initial investment would gear out the average player and they would no longer need to farm adena.   You have more adena then you can hold you've said, thats because you bought everything there is to buy and are just gearing alts.  stop telling people this is doable, you're not goind to toi and farming on a half assed geared toon. 

13 hours ago, iHyperlite said:

current ios1 is 350/hour on 1 spot

current ios2 is 850kk/hour on 1 spot

So, I guess the 350/hour is the cap of IOS 1. The most you can make there. But unfortunately, although I make 350 in IOS1, i make 290 in IOS 2, as I am not strong enough to kill fast there...

That is why I said, that my prediction is that in order to farm effectively there, you need to be 115 with 4+tril of gear. Are you somewhere near that?