graphic card???????

Volotron

Hi guys.I want your help !!!!

What graphic card should i put in my pc,with around 300-400 euros to cost????????

I have intel core i7 with 4gb memory.

I ve been told that i need to change and memory to at least 8gb.

I want the graphic card only for lineage 2 .Not for other use.ty.

HW in order of importance to play L2

1. SSD
  2. CPU
  3. RAM
  4. GPU

Single client the 4GB RAM is enough but the moment you launch a 2nd or 3rd you will need 8GB and if you like to run other stuff besides that 16GB is best

GPU anything with at least 3GB is fine, more is better but in a game as old as this that only impacts the eye candy

4 GB works fine for two clients. The effects of the third client will depend on what OS you're running. I run 3 clients on an old 4 GB ddr2 system (basically a server setup) and sometimes there will be some chugging (q6600 underclocked to 2.1ghz at 1.15 vcore with 4 gb ddr2 and hd6450 1gb ddr3 gpu). Checking the optimize performance box on one of the three clients is enough to get things back in order. Of course if you're running around a lot and forcing the client to load more and more stuff things will get hairy eventually. Now keep in mind the q6600 system is using a $10 ebay cpu (it's underclocked/undervolted because a copper core stock intel cpu cooler isn't enough to keep <60c in a south texas summer) a $15 gpu (newegg mail in rebate) that is about 3 years old now a missmash of OCz ddr2 ram (2x 1066 plat and 2x 800 gold) and a hard drive that is so old I cannot remember when I bought it (500gb) with windows 10 pro (works really well).

My secondary machine is another ebay q6600 (3.1ghz OC 1333 fsb for four years now) 8gb ddr3 hd5770 1gb gddr5, 1tb hdd with windows 10 pro. It runs 3 lineage 2 clients macroing away WHILE I play world of warships, warthunder, heroes of the storm, etc on it. The only problem I've had is that heroes oft he storm likes to kill L2 when it starts up so I have to start it up first. My main system has 16 GB and it's totally overkill for 3 lineage 2 clients. I've had 3 L2 clients running WHILE playing ffxiv or any number of other games (Star citizen HATES running with L2 though lol). Which is good because that means I have buffer room.

Other than that I certainly agree with the rest of your assessment.
16 GB is really the base level of ram you should look at when building/buying a system today.

9 hours ago, Draecke said:

HW in order of importance to play L2

1. SSD
  2. CPU
  3. RAM
  4. GPU

I agree with your list mostly although I would add something.

1. SSD

2. CPU

3. Internet Speed up/down (Ping Reducing SW as well)

4. Ram

5. GPU

I've actaully been curious about running L2 off a M.2 drive for a while now. My system is too old to have a slot on the Mobo for one but I know you can get a pcie X8 and x16 converter for one. I would be curious about load time differences between M.2 > SSD > Standard HD.

7 minutes ago, Auburn said:

I've actaully been curious about running L2 off a M.2 drive for a while now. My system is too old to have a slot on the Mobo for one but I know you can get a pcie X8 and x16 converter for one. I would be curious about load time differences between M.2 > SSD > Standard HD.

Assuming you have a good SSD to begin with you won't notice much of a difference in lineage 2. Maybe at most a second less lag when loading people in a busy town. Real hard drive intensive tasks could potentially show a massive improvement. It's the traditional problem with computer upgrades. In theory a massive increase in performance that smashes up against the wall of reality as stuff never works as well as it could and there is always a weak link slowing it down.

26 minutes ago, Tool_of_Society said:

Assuming you have a good SSD to begin with you won't notice much of a difference in lineage 2. Maybe at most a second less lag when loading people in a busy town. Real hard drive intensive tasks could potentially show a massive improvement. It's the traditional problem with computer upgrades. In theory a massive increase in performance that smashes up against the wall of reality as stuff never works as well as it could and there is always a weak link slowing it down.

Most of the time you will find that internet speeds and NCSoft server are going to be that wall you smash up against. My computer can run AAA games with no problems on Ultra and still get 60+ FPS, Giran on the other hand, I'm lucky to get 15. It just not a very well optimized game, I would love to see it upgraded to Unreal 4 engine. You can find some likes to people in Russia updating it to UR4 engine and damn does it look gorgeous. 

Edit: Link Provided. 

7 minutes ago, Auburn said:

Most of the time you will find that internet speeds and NCSoft server are going to be that wall you smash up against. My computer can run AAA games with no problems on Ultra and still get 60+ FPS, Giran on the other hand, I'm lucky to get 15. It just not a very well optimized game, I would love to see it upgraded to Unreal 3 engine. You can find some likes to people in Russia updating it to UR3 engine and damn does it look gorgeous. 

Internet speeds have nothing to do with your FPS in lineage 2. I live about 4 hours away from the actual servers and my internet speed is around 35 megBYTE down and 3 megaBYTE up and I still get shit performance in giran. The problem with lineage 2 is that it's using an extremely old engine that is missing tons of optimizations. So it's doing shit like rendering everyone in front of you even if there are walls between you and them.

I have been having problems with staying connected to the game servers despite being only 4 hours away physically. Lineage 2 is the ONLY game that I'm experiencing disconnects with. So I can only imagine how awful it would be for the rest of y'all..

Just now, Tool_of_Society said:

Internet speeds have nothing to do with your FPS in lineage 2. I live about 4 hours away from the actual servers and my internet speed is around 35 megBYTE down and 3 megaBYTE up and I still get shit performance in giran. The problem with lineage 2 is that it's using an extremely old engine that is missing tons of optimizations for it's game engine. So it's doing shit like rendering everyone in front of you even if there are walls between you and them.

I have been having problems with staying connected to the game servers despite being only 4 hours away physically. Lineage 2 is the ONLY game that I'm experiencing disconnects with. So I can only imagine how awful it would be for the rest of y'all..

I was referring to the load time in giran not the FPS, although they aren't too far apart depending on how you look at it.

Most of the rest of us use WTFast or BattlePing or something similar. Since I started using it, load times are faster and DC's are MOSTLY a thing of the past. Still can happen if I sit in Giran too long with shop open.

6 minutes ago, Auburn said:

I was referring to the load time in giran not the FPS, although they aren't too far apart depending on how you look at it.

Most of the rest of us use WTFast or BattlePing or something similar. Since I started using it, load times are faster and DC's are MOSTLY a thing of the past. Still can happen if I sit in Giran too long with shop open.

The disconnection issue is a relatively new thing and drove me to quit around the start of the new year. I just recently started playing again to see if the issue was still there (it is but not as bad only one d/c a day).. The 15 years prior to that had very little in the way of issues outside of the ones everyone experienced (DDOS etc).

I live about 3 and a half hours from the servers in Austin so unfortunately neither of those services would be of any help. thanks for bringing them up as I had never heard of WTFast before.

2 hours ago, Auburn said:

I would be curious about load time differences between M.2 > SSD > Standard HD.

Atm im usind M.2 Samsung 970 pro 512gb and this is pretty awesome than SSD performance, about standard disc, isn't worth mentioning.

About GPU, if volotron will play on FHD screen, Gtx 1050/1060 is enough.

Imho it's a good idea to run a 250k $ toon on a 2k $ pc

It's like hey i've made the gas for my 10.000 $ prius

How much did you spend? 1.000.000,00 $ on gasoline.

Seriously imho the man hasn't landed on mars yet because all of the $ were spent to buy a pc to run those 250k $ toons

P.s. every 2018 AAA game is worth, is the worst scenario, 60 $.

Btw prepare for november 14th, fallout 76 launch, mass pvp all over the planet. Bye l2 ncwest.

Archived