Classic Server Maintenance: March 23, 2022

Arctic

• Administrators

Game servers will be down for maintenance beginning Wednesday, March 23, 2022 at 4 a.m. PST /  6 a.m. CST / 7 a.m. EST / 12 p.m. GMT+1 and will be unavailable for approximately 3 hours 15 minutes.

With this maintenance:

• Adena drops for Lv. 86+ monsters will be boosted by 50% from the current amount that is dropping in the Tower of Insolence and Ice Lord’s Castle.
  • A new Suspicious Stone item has been permanently added as a drop item in the Tower of Insolence.
  • —Chance to receive one of the following items: Lv. 1 Dolls, Transformation Boxes, Transformation Extract Scrolls, 8000 L2 Coin Boxes, 1000 L2 Coin Boxes, Special Armor, Advanced S-grade Enchant Scrolls, and Consumables.
  • Blazing Swamp Lord Event will continue for two weeks!
  • Power Rush Kit Event will continue for two weeks!
  • Eva’s Treasure Chest Promotion will continue for two weeks!
  • Fixed a server crash issue.
  • Haha 1

@Juji @Arctic No need for fancy RNG stones , please make the adena what it was before or at least close to it. The argument for this is the fact people cannot cover their farming costs especially at lower gear scores. Soulshot/ spirit shots are crazy expensive and S grade weapons use 4 shots minimum. Please do better, we love this game and you are absolutely killing a legacy and fanbase.

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Arctic said:

• Adena drops for Lv. 86+ monsters will be boosted by 50% from the current amount that is dropping in the Tower of Insolence and Ice Lord’s Castle.

Nice, drop adena 8 times and rise 50% you guys should run for president!!!

• Haha 2

25 minutes ago, LuxK said:

Nice, drop adena 8 times and rise 50% you guys should run for president!!!

W8 a min why are you so rude ? After 2 weeks hard work fixing the problem they are so generous and give us 50% more adena that the  current amount what you want more?

Your problem is that before update we got 15k+ and now we will get 5k max? 😆 

You dont see that the guys worked hard 2 weeks long too fix this and give you this results?  Shame on you man 😆  !

• Thanks 1

50% of bad drop rate is STILL bad drop rate. In order for drop rate to be the same as before this ridiculous update, the 50% should become 250%. Can you understand by that number, how much you gimped your players, with this decrease? It's kinda insulting to be honest, jeez.

At least you did something, which is surprising cause you usually give us the "Working as intented" generic replies and stop all communication. So thanks at least for that.

@Juji, @Arctic

Tell the Devs it's NOT enough. It's NOT viable. Why is this so hard for you to get it? Consumables cost more than the increase you've given us. Are you guys planning to make your players pay $ even for consumables? Listen to your player base. They love this game way more than you love it. And this time, you did a major mistake and players are absolutely freakin right to rage. Just listen to them man.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Apparently there is a solution here and I think they have not put it on the table with the "DEV" team, maybe if they talked about it it would improve things a lot, as they have already done, lower the cost of the SS weapons S = x4 to x2 and weapons A= x2 to x1 and reduce the cost of spirit ore, because that would solve many things too,

• Thanks 1

@Juji@Arctic

Please Tell your DEVs that if people cannot make sufficient adena you are condemning them to place farm toons in lower lvl areas. This will have adverse effects on any new players comming to the server as they will be competing for low lvl hunting areas with high lvl players. This is unacceptable.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, nGDiablillo said:

Apparently there is a solution here and I think they have not put it on the table with the "DEV" team, maybe if they talked about it it would improve things a lot, as they have already done, lower the cost of the SS weapons S = x4 to x2 and weapons A= x2 to x1 and reduce the cost of spirit ore, because that would solve many things too,

Bro pls dont give them more ideas for  fixes they are able instead of make this change too make s grade x8 and a grade x4  😆 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Arctic said:

Tell me more about it?  :/

There's so much fun in the Classic game that I get lost.     *sargasm on*

If the server was Interlud 100% with all quests, pets, functional scenarios, the server would have many more players. And without a doubt an active staff would help a lot too!

Today in the classic, every time I see "Monster Quest" I remember the giant mistakes we have here.  

9 hours ago, Arctic said:

Blazing Swamp Lord Event will continue for two weeks!

Good at least we can still have this event we weren't made aware of for 2 more weeks.

Not gonna lie I'm pretty disappointed, I'm really scared this will kill the classic servers even more then Aden server did.

Maybe that suspicious stone will save us, maybe... but I bet it drops less then 1 a day and rolls 50 ss tickets 95% of the time.

10 hours ago, Arctic said:

This is just a random event, in a universe of randomness, without connection to much, just to force player to level up fast :/

It's been many years events with stories / quests achievements. Now the events are like a push to level up, soon NcSoft starts selling high lvl characters, black market has been doing it since forever!

They must have lost the employees who created the stories and threw the server in the hands of Commercial to take care of it.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, LaSantera said:

I dont see the reason the server is named classic i told this manny times imagine a server with quests pets raidboss quests castles sieges not only one castle! subclasses.

Real crafting spoiling stuff  server that teamwork needed. Oly with 5 buffs not full  buffed joke 😆  and i can say more  ideas if ncsoft wana hear 

Term "classic" should be to bring players to an Official server and let them down. It can only be this.

A destroyed server, with nothing really useful to do. "Missao Diaria" as it is today seems like a process for people with intellectual difficulties to be able to do something useful in the game, ridiculous.
I want real quests, I want to be able to have Pet, Siegue in all castles, I want Lineage 2 for real.

3 hours ago, Casemonstro said:

Tell me more about it?  :/

There's so much fun in the Classic game that I get lost.     *sargasm on*

If the server was Interlud 100% with all quests, pets, functional scenarios, the server would have many more players. And without a doubt an active staff would help a lot too!

Today in the classic, every time I see "Monster Quest" I remember the giant mistakes we have here.  

I dont see the reason the server is named classic i told this manny times imagine a server with quests pets raidboss quests castles sieges not only one castle! subclasses.

Real crafting spoiling stuff  server that teamwork needed. Oly with 5 buffs not full  buffed joke 😆  and i can say more  ideas if ncsoft wana hear 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Casemonstro said:

Term "classic" should be to bring players to an Official server and let them down. It can only be this.

A destroyed server, with nothing really useful to do. "Missao Diaria" as it is today seems like a process for people with intellectual difficulties to be able to do something useful in the game, ridiculous.
I want real quests, I want to be able to have Pet, Siegue in all castles, I want Lineage 2 for real.

The most players want this exactly what you say! Lineage 2 lost a lot of players and it is dying slowly slowly cuz nobody cares about it  it is very sad that the official company cannot give us again the old experience we had!  They actually must know how l2 was!  They dont need us too tell them what is real l2. Now what are we playing? W8 a min are we playing 😆  we need active things too do ! 

Not just let the chars  farm in cata or somewhere to make some adena too buy the p2w items from others or let char exp in toi and after a week just restart computer and log in and the same again 😆  that srsly sad.

And i want too inform ncsoft that the energie is a bit expensive atm 😆 

Is Classic a joke for you? The players left must be!
What do u want us to do? Make 10 chars to farm Adena cuz u ruined Adena drop? So the empty server will look full for new customers? 
Maybe this is all a plan to make us leave the game or join Aden... if u see the past events we had to spend a lot of Adena to have a chance of getting random items... so now u nerfed Adena.. whats next? Empty our pockets and offer only P2W chests? Now even without VIP benefits (which, tbh I found fair and would keep the balance.. but too late).
Let´s talk about this wonderful update we got things u didn't tell us (imprint transform books, red chat, no Bress, low Adena)... but some stuff u said we gonna have (Blazing swamp event, server transfer...) were never offered... and U JUST DONT CARE. 
Casemonster and others have been begging u for yearsssssssss to revamp classic.. it is just a matter of turning on content... what do u do? U implement stuff that makes it worst.

Would u guys mind being honest and respecting your players?

• Like 2

the new adena drop rate after this last update doesn't even pay the cost of soulshot and spirit ore for farm there, what do you want? players to open more boxes to keep the server full? if that's the intention, I think it's going to fail miserably, look at the amount of complaints about the rate and really ask the devs to do something plausible, the way it is looks like you don't give a damn about classic. @Arctic @Juji

Adena is increased indeed by almost 50%. Almost, though.

Lets do some math now.

Lets say a Nuker is aoeing with an S grade weapon. x4 Spiritshots per hit, at least, depending on how many targets. That nuker is facing the massive need of 700.000+ spiritshots per day. 700.000*105 = 73.5 million per day JUST in Spiritshots. I won't add to that the expences of Spirit Ore on the nuker himself, or the buffers cause the numbers only go up. With that Adena decrease, you definitely killed the Nukers of our server. And they already struggle enough to fight in places like TOI, cause Lair is left with the same stats for the last year and Adena income was and still is pretty much non existent.

Melee classes are a little luckier. Melee players face around 500.000 to a million Shots per day, depending on the class. It's still, a massive 20-28million per day JUST in Soulshots. Again, I won't add Spirit Ore, Elemental Stones, Powders etc etc.

Does nerfing the Adena sounds good to you? When a player now, depending on the floor and playstyle, can barely make to TOI -an end game area- 5 to 15 million per day.

How is this viable?

What the hell are you thinking?

@Juji@Arctic

Fix it.

• Like 3