what I'm supposed to do?

Athelind

So I'm a new player my main and dual are 105 startting the 3rd exalted quest but how I'm supposed to get gear if evything cost billons and the adena drops is practically non existant? can anyone give me some tips on where can I farm adena or what items get to sell? thanks

1 hour ago, Athelind said:

So I'm a new player my main and dual are 105 startting the 3rd exalted quest but how I'm supposed to get gear if evything cost billons and the adena drops is practically non existant? can anyone give me some tips on where can I farm adena or what items get to sell? thanks

I can only tell you from my own experiences in this game what I did and it may or may not help you.

You cannot try and rush things, doesn't work that way. The exalted gear you get from NPC Lionel is good enough for now. What is your class? Joining a clan is helpful, join parties, at your level you'll spend  the next few levels in Beleth and vicinity where you have to grind.

Everything takes time in this games, it's not only the weapon and armour it's also the accessories, the dyes, tattoos, artifacts, agathions, jewels etc.

Just have fun, the longer you stay and have patience better gear will eventually come.

outside of playing the market for which you need to have a significant amount of adena to start with, the only reasonable way to farm some adena is by farming mark of battle by running 105 toons on olympiad, with marks you can purchase skill books that sell for some adena

only issue is that if you are really good and have enough toons to run full oly per month you are looking at getting lets say 60-ish billion, which at current nccoin conversion prices is 30USD, is it really worth spending 16h (i think its 16h of olly per month but correct me if im wrong) of hard work per month to make 30usd? :D

better buy ncoin and sell event boxes.

1 hour ago, aelian said:

outside of playing the market for which you need to have a significant amount of adena to start with, the only reasonable way to farm some adena is by farming mark of battle by running 105 toons on olympiad, with marks you can purchase skill books that sell for some adena

only issue is that if you are really good and have enough toons to run full oly per month you are looking at getting lets say 60-ish billion, which at current nccoin conversion prices is 30USD, is it really worth spending 16h (i think its 16h of olly per month but correct me if im wrong) of hard work per month to make 30usd? :D

better buy ncoin and sell event boxes.

i dont know how prices drop if we have skill enchant books in L2 store. It is not good advice for begginer player to make other 7 toons or more to spend a lot of time in oly. Its not fun, you know. Playing market is time consumable too. I am afraid that not have much options to gain adena only investment real money. But if you are kid or student, with plenty of free time, better go make some sport. 

9 hours ago, Athelind said:

Então, eu sou um novo jogador, meu principal e duplo são 105 começando a 3ª missão exaltada, mas como eu devo obter equipamentos se tudo custa bilhões e as gotas de adena são praticamente inexistentes? alguém pode me dar algumas dicas sobre onde posso farmar adena ou quais itens consigo vender? obrigado

try doing time zones like crisis !  From the boxes that drop there you can get good items for trade!

Hi, @Athelind, look, if it s helpfull, my Main today hit 5 years old, i practically play for free, i still have a Leviathan Heavy Armor entire +5 trying to hit +6 for the white shining, if you like this game, or better if you love it like to many of us, you can enjoy with the gear you have and don t brake your head for the gear you wish, like in the real life i guess. In the real life i wish a yamaha R1 for example, but i have a Gixxer 150, ok, i love my machine, that is all.

Enjoy with you have! 😃 

11 hours ago, Athelind said:

You need to spend real money if you want to level quickly and experience some of the end game content. If you do not wish to spend money then you can get the free gear and you will maybe reach 110 in a few years. Unless you are lucky enough to get into a clan that will help you during the XP events. However, for the XP events you need vitality and boosts, these are not free especially if you are in free gear as you will have trouble doing the daily solo instance in free gear. 

They have designed the game to give you a bit a free stuff and then ultimately you need to pay.  You will not get end game content with free gear. You can fight using the macros and that will give you something. However, the raids and other events like castle sieges will not be available to you as you will be a one shot. The higher adena drops are in areas where free gear will make it hard if not impossible for you to survive, of course it depends on your class.

Ironically, If Wisp would report his progress playing he would be in the same boat.. but truly I feel theres a reason he hasnt.

As to your issue, like others have said.. and additionally, sadly you've started at  a bad time in the game.. with most commodities being account bound that were staples of making adena. Augment stones etc, new deletion of items people have been holding onto forever because some they will have the funds to make items...

Find some people to play with, join a clan.. that will distract you for awhile.. but thats all it will be.

1 hour ago, ZooArcher said:

Ironically, If Wisp would report his progress playing he would be in the same boat.. but truly I feel theres a reason he hasnt.

I would actually love for @Wissp to give us weekly updates on his progress in form of a forum post so we see what this supposed full free to play character of his achieves. Would be a good laugh to read.

7 hours ago, VictorR said:

Hi @Athelind

that depends on how you approach the game
the players have already given you some advice

but if you want to have good gear and a good weapon, artifacts, dyes, etc. in the short term, that is, in a few months, go take out the card and leave a fortune in it (so you only further promote the poor state of the servers)

Or if you think about playing without donating anything. Keep in mind that everything will be in the long term, that is, years.

so my advice is that if you like the game, come in and try to set up daily parties and grow xp make friends and have a good time

Yes....almost verbatim what I said above.

• Like 1

On 10/30/2022 at 9:38 AM, Athelind said:

Quit.. unless you want to spend.. and not even kidding here, 30k + to even be remotely geared enough to enjoy all the "content" (which isn't much) in the game.