"Live" server Reboot

DaikonReborn

Can we have an actual Lineage 2 reboot? A REAL reboot. No new p2w branding like "Classic" or "Aden".

I'm pretty sure the excellent development team at NC Korea has done an impeccable job at building a comprehensive internal K.B over the years, with fully self contained packages of every single update or as we used to get, "Chronicles", with requirements, instructions and all necessary files for setting up servers, DB, and game clients.
I mean, as a fellow developer that's the minimum I would do.

Development costs would be near zero. Hosting would be cheap as it would run on one of way more capable than needed Jeff's computers these days.

Setting the subscription service back up should be easy as well.

At first just deploy "as is", or better, "as was" and then add the store for "cosmetic items ONLY". This time for real (not like the grand lie told back in 2012 with GoD awakening update).
Moving forward I would suggest a subscription configuration where the subscriber can set all the ratings on this main account. Like, what % boost for XP, drop rate, adena etc.
Just keep it simple.

Meaningful and relevant events with great drop rates, as they were back in the day. Can even just reuse all the old ones as they were great.
Auto-hunt maybe, but as a QoL thing. Not a completely necessary thing as it has become.
Vitality, but as a bonus. Not a completely necessary thing where you need 1000++++% bonus during crazy XP server settings to level up.
And don't ever, ever touch the PK system. 4 free pk's until you start dropping (not destroying) your items. And a daily quest to lower 1-3 pk.

• Like 2

Why not do it exactly as it was at 2004-2011. No L2 store at all, not even for cosmetics. No vitality system. Just a monthly subscription. Nothing more.

I d certainly play that game once more. I m sure everyone one of us would like to go back in time and play that game again. Our nostalgia for that game is what keeps us in this game that is so changed.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, KazAnakiuS said:

Why not do it exactly as it was at 2004-2011. No L2 store at all, not even for cosmetics. No vitality system. Just a monthly subscription. Nothing more.

I d certainly play that game once more. I m sure everyone one of us would like to go back in time and play that game again. Our nostalgia for that game is what keeps us in this game that is so changed.

and the same they have more income with l2store than then :P so why they need to go that period?

4 hours ago, KazAnakiuS said:

They tried that with Classic. Besides, there is no going back to those past times of L2. They're now just a distant memory to be cherished.

@Sharlanna what you say is wrong. Classic suposed to be CLASSIC

it started like classic only for 2 month and after was bombarded with p2w events

it was like live only diffrance was a grade armor/weapons and the levels 

other than that was live not even classic

When was launched many people started playing there because NC announced it will bw classic no p2w no nothing

Once more they fooled all the people and string doing what they do best ruin the server

• Like 1

That won't happen, although I'd be very happy to see one. Most L2 players are long gone and even one old CP will shatter the whole server in no time and then the mass quit comes.

There are currently very few players that can compete in such environment, as evident by the first few years of GoD here on NCW and even less so now.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, oldcrumpyman said:

@Sharlanna what you say is wrong. Classic suposed to be CLASSIC

it started like classic only for 2 month and after was bombarded with p2w events

it was like live only diffrance was a grade armor/weapons and the levels 

other than that was live not even classic

When was launched many people started playing there because NC announced it will bw classic no p2w no nothing

Once more they fooled all the people and string doing what they do best ruin the server

I know. I played classic when it first started. I left after 2 months. It just wasn't the same.

30 minutes ago, voo said:

shar u 120 yet?  or just been slacker?

Hell no! I'm 47% into 115. I do Crisis, PI and 110 dailies and that's it. I'm bored but will never quit. I also work as a contract web developer and have been getting back into my artwork. Not enough hours in the day.

On 12/11/2022 at 10:41 AM, DaikonReborn said:

Can we have an actual Lineage 2 reboot? A REAL reboot. No new p2w branding like "Classic" or "Aden".

I'm pretty sure the excellent development team at NC Korea has done an impeccable job at building a comprehensive internal K.B over the years, with fully self contained packages of every single update or as we used to get, "Chronicles", with requirements, instructions and all necessary files for setting up servers, DB, and game clients.
I mean, as a fellow developer that's the minimum I would do.

Development costs would be near zero. Hosting would be cheap as it would run on one of way more capable than needed Jeff's computers these days.

Setting the subscription service back up should be easy as well.

At first just deploy "as is", or better, "as was" and then add the store for "cosmetic items ONLY". This time for real (not like the grand lie told back in 2012 with GoD awakening update).
Moving forward I would suggest a subscription configuration where the subscriber can set all the ratings on this main account. Like, what % boost for XP, drop rate, adena etc.
Just keep it simple.

Meaningful and relevant events with great drop rates, as they were back in the day. Can even just reuse all the old ones as they were great.
Auto-hunt maybe, but as a QoL thing. Not a completely necessary thing as it has become.
Vitality, but as a bonus. Not a completely necessary thing where you need 1000++++% bonus during crazy XP server settings to level up.
And don't ever, ever touch the PK system. 4 free pk's until you start dropping (not destroying) your items. And a daily quest to lower 1-3 pk.

Everyone would leave this server if this happened. We All WANT this.. but NCWest is too greedy to give players a game they want.