Live Server Maintenance: June 13, 2023

Wissp

• L2 Team

Game servers will be down for maintenance beginning Tuesday, June 13 at 3:00 p.m. PDT / 10:00 p.m. UTC / 12:00 a.m. CET (June 14) and will be unavailable for approximately 3 hours 30 minutes. We appreciate your patience!

The following changes will be made to the game during this maintenance: 

• The 19th Anniversary Paradise Festival events will continue!
      • Check the event article to get all information regarding the 19th Anniversary events.
      • The following server setting will end: Party Member Level Difference XP Penalty Removed.
    • The 19th Anniversary promotions will continue!
      • Check the promotion article to get all information regarding the 19th Anniversary promotions.
    • Fixed an issue where the tooltip information would not be displayed for the skills Equilibrium Aura and Rage Aura.
    • Fixed an issue where a lower level of Avenger, Paladin, Guardian and Templar Aura skills was applied to party members when using the skill.
    • Fixed an issue causing incorrect icons to display in the Skill & Action menu.

@Wisp @GM_EVA hi,  ever considered just removing the level penalty period...while this was removed high level and low level have been interacting together ingame like never...makes for a more social environnement and in the end everyone benefits from it. this would be an easy modification to do and would show your player base your will for a renewed faith between you guys and us.

i only see benefits from this small act of good will from your side. might be worth considering :D

• Like 2

Removed Level-Penalty was probably the best decision you guys took since Juji left. It's a win/win, high players can help, low players benefit, it helps closing the level gab and will for sure lead to less ppl 110 quitting when hitting the wall.

Remove that penalty perma or a least make level-range 10 levels without penalty.

• Like 3

• Administrators
    9 hours ago, MacAulish said:

@Wissp the Event craft for the Greater Fire Dragon agathion is scheduled to start at the same time as the maintenance. Any plans to continue with the timer AFTER the maintenance time?

Hello,

Thank you for pointing out the issue.

We will be changing the June 13th Special Crafting schedule to June 20th 21:00GMT in response to the maintenance time.

https://forums.lineage2.com/topic/26949-change-in-schedule-june-13th-event-limited-special-crafting/

We apologize for the inconvenience.

Thank you.

Eva

• Like 2
    • Thanks 1

• Administrators
    8 hours ago, Helmina1 said:

@Wisp @GM_EVA hi,  ever considered just removing the level penalty period...while this was removed high level and low level have been interacting together ingame like never...makes for a more social environnement and in the end everyone benefits from it. this would be an easy modification to do and would show your player base your will for a renewed faith between you guys and us.

i only see benefits from this small act of good will from your side. might be worth considering :D

38 minutes ago, OmenOfSteel_Naia said:

Removed Level-Penalty was probably the best decision you guys took since Juji left. It's a win/win, high players can help, low players benefit, it helps closing the level gab and will for sure lead to less ppl 110 quitting when hitting the wall.

Remove that penalty perma or a least make level-range 10 levels without penalty.

Thank you for the feedback.

Your request has been communicated to the relevant staffs.

We cannot confirm anything yet, but will try to apply the feedback as much as possible.

Thank you.

Eva

• Like 5
    • Thanks 2

Party Member Level Difference XP Penalty Removed is going to be affect the server dynamics greatly, clans were recruiting lowbies and helped them grow, any were able to lvl up dual classes with CP members that are higher lvl ..... 

And deletion of all those freya and shinning nevit.... when most are gonna go unused, by the time we got the item after that HUGE chunk of mobs hunting....... they will expire unused and we burn through beora like crazy ...... adena on server already down the drain from dolls, please leave on the no penalty and prolongue the timed boosts.... many ppl need them especially SUPPORT classes !!!!! 

I can tell now as low lvl character that will kill us  ...first we cant even creat mentee so at least to have income from selling the pantheon scrolls and and when the boosts will remove we will not have the chance to buy new ones...i cant afort to pay euros to make adena !!!my character is incomplete and i think will stay as it is ...so no lvl up with no boosters and no income from pantheon scrolls !!! another think is that in that way u cut the community to tw0 different worlds the high lvls with the hight lvls whale and the other is the low lvls to spit blood to take 1% cause most of us cant afort to spent 1b per day at least for vit!!! the best way for me ofc is to keep the no penalty or make it 10 lvls and not just 5 lvl difference.

• Haha 1

I'd like to see the Party Level XP difference removed completely, BUT...

... how does this address the primary issue with new players who will most assuredly lack the funds to properly equip their characters?

Sure, clans that are wealthy enough to help gear low levels are great, but most new players will be in for a tough time trying to get by with just Exalted items. Maybe it's time to reconsider the rewards for that quest to allow new players to be fully viable at least through 115?

It's one of the many reasons why I think many were calling for the Black coupons and inclusion of Blessed Exalted Weapon and Armor enchants as either repeat quest rewards or mob drops. If you want to get new people addicted to this game, you have to give them a little taste of the "good stuff." 😁

• Like 2
    • Haha 1

@GM_EVAwould you mind explaining t how come when i enter the water dragon instance solo, oneshoting mobs, i gather max event boxes really fast, while entering grouped with my iss, the duo hardly gets 15 boxes added together? tested it a few times so far to make sure it was not a fluke. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, GM_EVA said:

Thank you for the feedback.

Your request has been communicated to the relevant staffs.

We cannot confirm anything yet, but will try to apply the feedback as much as possible.

Thank you.

Eva

By the chance relevant staff mentioned anything about black coupons which people mentioned in previous maintenance or amazon anniversary gifts? :D 

Yes i totally think the lvl penalty should not come back at all.

In the clan i am is a huge lvl difference btw players that can pay a lot for xp boost items and ppl who cant. Due to that the lvl diff is even within long existing CP's too big.

During the no penalty we could help low lvls to catch up and even got 3 players returning to the game and playing with us.

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, Wissp said:

Game servers will be down for maintenance beginning Tuesday, June 13 at 3:00 p.m. PDT / 10:00 p.m. UTC / 12:00 a.m. CET (June 14) and will be unavailable for approximately 3 hours 30 minutes. We appreciate your patience!

The following changes will be made to the game during this maintenance: 

• The 19th Anniversary Paradise Festival events will continue!
      • Check the event article to get all information regarding the 19th Anniversary events.
      • The following server setting will end: Party Member Level Difference XP Penalty Removed.
    • The 19th Anniversary promotions will continue!
      • Check the promotion article to get all information regarding the 19th Anniversary promotions.
    • Fixed an issue where the tooltip information would not be displayed for the skills Equilibrium Aura and Rage Aura.
    • Fixed an issue where a lower level of Avenger, Paladin, Guardian and Templar Aura skills was applied to party members when using the skill.
    • Fixed an issue causing incorrect icons to display in the Skill & Action menu.

But the penalty for  difference of lvl in a party it's super important for no boot everywhere, right now look 1 guy in automatic and 8 boot recive experience, if take of  lvl experience that guys will be in lvl 80 areas  and lvl so quick. i think it's really unfair for people without resource

• Thanks 1

Doesnt matter what we want, they are going to do as they feel..

Though removing the lvl gap all together will only hurt people in the long run. they will be without gear to solo, and be forever reliant on higher lvl players for xp. Sure you may get lucky and have a clan that gives you gear or adena to help out.. but that only goes so far before your going to have to look out for your own toon. you will and are a cruch to your clan. There is no way around spending money at higher lvls for gear and even pots.

• Like 2

when are we going to get Greater runes stones. sure they are in the event boxes, with drop rates so insanely low you have a better chance of getting a dragon weapon. you guys starved the server so dry that the prices for them have gone up so much no one will ever get the skills they need. You guys gave every class a new skill that requires a Greater Rune stone then took the stones away so no one can get them, other than the ones that had runes stockpiled or were able to buy some before the prices skyrocketed. @Wissp @GM_EVA

Twitter...Last check this was the L2 official site, so exactly why  do we have to end up at Twitter to get the information about when the server is coming back up? You spend 3hours and 30mins giving us nothing new, but you're unable to get the server back up for some reason. What actually takes over 4 hours when I'm guessing you were only doing a couple of minor "fixes". Well I guess if i want to know whats going on I should log in to  twitter or discord. 

1 minute ago, Ganealf said:

Twitter...Last check this was the L2 official site, so exactly why  do we have to end up at Twitter to get the information about when the server is coming back up? You spend 3hours and 30mins giving us nothing new, but you're unable to get the server back up for some reason. What actually takes over 4 hours when I'm guessing you were only doing a couple of minor "fixes". Well I guess if i want to know whats going on I should log in to  twitter or discord. 

Jamoa Camp drop has been "adjusted" :D

@Wissp @Hermes @GM_EVA @GM_dufo @GM_SKY

Do you remember  this post? https://forums.lineage2.com/topic/26514-weekly-maintenance-time-change-notice/

You stated the maintenance time change was necessary to improve support and shorten the maintenance time. Nothing has changed and it's typical for maintenance times to be extended.

This time on the Maury Show.... We determine the statement made by NCSOFT was a lie!

Dear Players, 

We have an important announcement to make regarding the weekly maintenance time for Lineage 2. 

Starting on April 4th, the weekly maintenance will take place every Tuesday at 3pm PDT/10pm UTC.

We understand that this change may be inconvenient for some of you, and we apologize for any disruption it may cause. However, we want to assure you that this change is necessary to enable us to provide you with improved support. Our goals are to shorten the maintenance time and be able to resolve post-maintenance issues more quickly. 

We value your continued support and dedication to Lineage 2, and we appreciate your understanding during this time of transition. We recognize that the regular maintenance time is an important aspect of your gaming experience, and we are committed to making this change as seamless as possible. 

For more details about the schedule updates as well as the latest news on upcoming releases and events, please check the forums and the official game website. We thank you for your patience and understanding during this time of change, and we look forward to continuing to provide you with the best possible gaming experience. 

Sincerely, 

The Lineage 2 Team

#JOKE!!!!!

4 hours ago, Ekaterina_Valina said:

yes, get rid of the lvl penalty.  It would certainly improve the social aspect of the game between returning/newby players and those who are high level.

are you guys still so naieve..they know what they are doing..whether or not end-game contents will generate a higher revenue..when made available to the masses..remains to be seen..so long as the 1% are still holding up..they will always cater to the core..