Othell Fortune Seeker - Flex Blow, is it nerfed? or broken?

Rotten

5 hours ago, Rotten said:

@Hermes

Post update this skill is no longer AOE? Is this intentional or broken? We were happy we finally got an aoe, and it's been taken away? I hope this is broken and can be fixed, please update us thank you

20 minutes ago, Grig said:

@Wissp @Hermes @GM_EVA @GM_dufo @GM_SKY @GMarlon care to explain why the skill has been changed from aoe to single target?

Do you even read the patch notes or what is happening in the game? you just assumed its a mistake cuz the change does not really benefit you?

Othell Fortune Seeker

Revamped the Flex Blow skill.

Skill Name

Skill Level

Changed Effect

Changed Effect

Flex Blow

Deadly Attack on enemies in the front

Deals a Deadly Attack and moves to the target's back

55 minutes ago, Connex said:

Do you even read the patch notes or what is happening in the game? you just assumed its a mistake cuz the change does not really benefit you?

Othell Fortune Seeker

Revamped the Flex Blow skill.

Skill Name

Skill Level

Changed Effect

Changed Effect

Flex Blow

Deadly Attack on enemies in the front

Deals a Deadly Attack and moves to the target's back

because one assumes poor translation, this is common.

@Wissp @Hermes
Can We please get an explanation why they removed the flex blow aoe from daggers? 

We all were so excited to finally get an AOE skill and pay those greater runes.

Melee class already struggles to match the XP of all other DD Classes, DK, Tyrr, Feoh, Yul. 
In DT comparing similarly geared toons of those classes we only make 1/3 of the xp they do, and that was with the aoe, this is ridiculous to remove the aoe, in fact it should be 360 deg range just like every other DD class aoe, or fix razor rain to actually crit.

Kindly offer a explanation.

9 minutes ago, Rotten said:

@Wissp @Hermes
Can We please get an explanation why they removed the flex blow aoe from daggers? 

We all were so excited to finally get an AOE skill and pay those greater runes.

Melee class already struggles to match the XP of all other DD Classes, DK, Tyrr, Feoh, Yul. 
In DT comparing similarly geared toons of those classes we only make 1/3 of the xp they do, and that was with the aoe, this is ridiculous to remove the aoe, in fact it should be 360 deg range just like every other DD class aoe, or fix razor rain to actually crit.

Kindly offer a explanation.

read literally 2 posts above 

@Connex Your not helpful, asking WHY it was done and if it is intentional or unintentional.. As now i can't even XP 1/3 that of any other DD class. It's completely dumb to keep nerfing dagger.

@Wissp @Hermes

Could the Othell's please get an update on why this was removed / Broken etc?
I have yet to get a response in 14 hours
As well on my Ticket: 

Receipt Number: 2146744

11 minutes ago, Rotten said:

@Connex Your not helpful, asking WHY it was done and if it is intentional or unintentional.. As now i can't even XP 1/3 that of any other DD class. It's completely dumb to keep nerfing dagger.

@Wissp @Hermes

Could the Othell's please get an update on why this was removed / Broken etc?
I have yet to get a response in 14 hours
As well on my Ticket: 

Receipt Number: 2146744

why was the archer AOE nerfed 2 years ago? why the element of the mobs was boosted with the warrior update in 2021? You are not entitled to an answer! I am not trying to be helpful, im trying to get you to see how things work, open your eyes, not every change is for the players benefit, it is what it is. This is the closest you will get to an answer.

but they still have an aoe we don't, the aoe that we do have do literally nothing, maybe 5% of the dmg of any other class aoe

Flex blow although VERY narrow allowed me to kill 2-3 mobs in certain situations vs 1 at a time.

It's a ridiculous imbalance and then to remove any attempt they made just makes zero sense, and since this is our only forum to ask for answers.. Here i am.

4 minutes ago, Rotten said:

but they still have an aoe we don't, the aoe that we do have do literally nothing, maybe 5% of the dmg of any other class aoe

Flex blow although VERY narrow allowed me to kill 2-3 mobs in certain situations vs 1 at a time.

It's a ridiculous imbalance and then to remove any attempt they made just makes zero sense, and since this is our only forum to ask for answers.. Here i am.

neither do the rest of the daggers!

Look, i got help from a FS to level up, I know how usefull the skill is and it sucks that you lost it but you are asking for nc west to ask playNC why this was changed... do you even understand how impossible is this to happen? you cannot get them to reply to a simple question and you want justification why the KR team decided to make the change?

just put all this into prespective and I hope you can see what you are asking.

30 minutes ago, Draecke said:

@Connex explain why DIL from Inn-ova can do ask such questions to the Export team and the NCWest staff not ?  DIL actually provide updates on such questions regularly in their discords - I know for a fact as I also am active there

you missunderstood...  I hope they answer but they will not, you are a very very old player, been on every forum/website there is about L2, in your experience, how many times they have answered such questions?

3 hours ago, Connex said:

you missunderstood...  I hope they answer but they will not, you are a very very old player, been on every forum/website there is about L2, in your experience, how many times they have answered such questions?

Even if they never respond (and they probably won't) it's still worth it to complain and ask. If no one ever complained, we would definitely never see any changes.

On 8/2/2023 at 8:48 AM, Rotten said:

@Hermes

Post update this skill is no longer AOE? Is this intentional or broken? We were happy we finally got an aoe, and it's been taken away? I hope this is broken and can be fixed, please update us thank you

I have one high level spoiler friend, that's not as geared as you or Hyperlite, and initially he was mad at the change. Borderline wanted to quit. After a few days and a little bit of adaptation, he's recovered most if not all of his farm and he's reasonably ok with it

the changes to Flex Blow makes the Fortune seeker extremely mobile.  However, no AoE is a very confusing change because the skill power was left the same as the AoE version of the skill.

The skill should have gotten this teleport dmg aspect, but also retained the small AoE pattern.  

There is a reason why no one plays othel, and its purely because of no AoE.  All other dd's have AoE that can gain xp and adena at 2-3x the rate of an othel stuck in single target land.

The question NCsoft should answer is why do the skills Barrage of Nails and Wild Plunder NOT follow the blow formula like Flex blow did last update for it's AoE damage calculation.  These 2 skills follow the same formula as a Yul, where P Atk crit dmg do NOT affect their damage output.  Considering 75% of a dagger's passive boosts come from P Atk Crit Damage, this seems like a massive oversight and a bug.

Wild plunder specifically was the exact same skill as Flex Blow last update, except it did 1/10th the damage.  This makes 0 sense.

If these 2 skills used the blow formula, dagger would be fixed big time.

Othel is a dead class and ncsoft don't care to fix it.  Detrhone alone allows AoE DD's to xp 2-3x as fast.  The dev's are clueless.

@Hermes @Wissp feel free to reach out if you want more details about what I'm describing.  I will tell you how to recreate the issue and test it.

On 8/2/2023 at 5:23 PM, Draecke said:

@Connex explain why DIL from Inn-ova can do ask such questions to the Export team and the NCWest staff not ?  DIL actually provide updates on such questions regularly in their discords - I know for a fact as I also am active there

I don't understand why if you, the vast majority live in the United States. and they pay for services when buying ncoins and they don't get answers from ncwest staff. They do not use the legal tools to sue this company or have it audited by the government (corresponding institution) for their lack and/or null response to their consumers. if after all our credit cards end up being used in them...